Warning - Ebay Seller Cntcakes

Decorating By cmjnc Updated 5 Sep 2006 , 9:09pm by frider

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 12:08am
post #91 of 136

I just checked out their feedbacks - can't believe they said they are "tired of E-Bay liars!" Ok, well then find another way to sell your product. I recently had a problem with E-Bay posting a picture of a Wilton yearbook, but the year offered was different (wanted that one pictured); long story short, the seller offered to take back the book I received and replace with the one I really wanted (she would pay shipping), but I offered to also buy the one I didn't get because I am trying to get as many sets of yearbook/pattern books as possible. She sent not only that one, but an extra dessert book! Another instance where the girl posted the wrong year and realized it, she gave me a partial refund because it was her mistake. So far so good with luck with e-bay !! Truthfully, I am off of their for a while until I find a place to hide all the pans I recently bought that DH has no idea of! LOL!!!

SweetBellina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetBellina Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 12:34am
post #92 of 136

i just read the reviews too..and as i read along, my eyes got wider and wider and my mouth hanging...i just can't believe how cntcakes replied! u would think the seller is a five year old and i could imagine his tongue sticking out! geeze! icon_mad.gif

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 2:58am
post #93 of 136

cmjnc ... please keep us updated on what happens with your complaint process with eBay.

cowdex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowdex Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 6:27am
post #94 of 136

I have bought from this seller many times - never had a bit of a problem. She was very nice to me.
I've learned that ebay feedback is a good people to act like 5 year olds. People should just act their age!

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 7:22am
post #95 of 136

Heads up for another really nasty abusive seller:

comecelebratewithus1001

I never received the items she sent, complained to her and it degraded into the most horrible tirade of abuse from her to me, threatening e-mails, the lot. She left me negative feedback (and sent me an email threatening to do so, unless I retracted my neutral feedback about her - which I refused to do!), for no good reason. She had her account suspended last week, but I see that she's up and running again now icon_mad.gif !

Edited to say: I used that negative only feedback viewing tool posted earlier in this thread, and it's really upsetting to see how many people she has threatened & bullied into retracting their negative feedback about her - including one of our French CCs - doudoun!

Jeez that woman is a piece of work!

oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 7:52am
post #96 of 136

Research does help

But the scenarios listed here- each to their own re shopping on eBay and everyone has diff experiences- I would never do it

FYI I find it interesting that on the one business website your IP address is recorded 'for security'- ok whose? So they can track the customers who leave negative feedback and check them against eBay emails? Just find that curious since in all my years of surfing- thousands and thousands probably of sites, this is an utter rarity to see someone (especially a cake business of all categories) to publicly announce they are recording your IP address.

And I read all the complaints on the BBB site- if you mouse over the complaint categories it explains the claims.

As someone mentioned I think a simple 'sorry, we do not offer that service or product or whatever' takes way less time and energy than opening up a can of grade school worms!

I'm also curious if anyone lives near the business location and would care to drop in to the store to see what they're like in person.

I can't imagine posting all these pages is necessary to their email address- I have no doubt they (whoever 'they' are) probably already access this site and are following right along.

Good luck with the whole messy business- and just know that when it comes to brass taxes, childish people (and I use the term loosely LOL) back down off of threats when you let them know you're filing complaints of your own or whatever. DIdn't I just finish venting about bullies in another thread LOL

cakesbyjess Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 12:07pm
post #97 of 136

I also thought that the whole "we're logging your IP address for security" on their website was very odd. Why would they feel the need to post that, especially on a cake supply website? It's just another way that they bully people, I think. What a bunch of losers. I agree with you too that "they" are probably lurking around on CC (maybe as a guest), reading this whole thread. icon_smile.gif

MsTonyasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsTonyasCakes Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 2:11pm
post #98 of 136

I hope they ARE reading this thread, then they'll see first hand how many potential customers they are losing. I for one don't care what products they sell or how good the price is, I won't buy from them I'd rather pay twice as much to patron someone who appreciates my business. icon_wink.gif

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 2:14pm
post #99 of 136

Is someone calling wilton to find out if they are
affiliated with them. They might not be.
Just something to think about.
I think some @&?*$@ is gonna hit the fan!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 2:47pm
post #100 of 136

oceanspitfire, when you say you read the complaints do you mean the little popup boxes that appear? Yeah, I saw those and a general description of the problem but I'd like to see the customer's own words - the full report. I've read a few before when I looked up Sugarcraft so I was just hoping. icon_smile.gif

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 9:14pm
post #101 of 136

I decieded to look around their website this afternoon and had a little "chat" with that online help thing. According to the person I "chatted" with, they are taking a few days to close down because they have received threats that they are fearful of.

Oh come on!!!! What type of #@%$ is that?

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 9:18pm
post #102 of 136

Maybe it's threats from Wilton or Ebay! Be nice or else!! icon_lol.gif

cmjnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmjnc Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 9:35pm
post #103 of 136

That's weird - I just chatted with them to ask about it, and they said they're not closing down at all, they're just redoing their eBay site (which they've said for awhile) to utilize a new seller tool.

DanaBush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaBush Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 10:06pm
post #104 of 136

Man keeping up with this is hard I am trying to read all posts lol.
But I sell on ebay and I have sold pans and the shipping I have undercharged I didnt know such a light weight thing cause of the shapes and the boxes is why they cost so much to ship.
I know from selling on ebay that I would never tell someone no combine shipping cause thats a good way to lose a future customer.
Unless its a huge item I will combine shipping and cut the price cause the post office cuts the price when they weigh them its so much for the first oz and so much after that I had this explained to me.
I always put delivery confermation on all packages I mail for my peace of mind.
Anyways if you are looking for certain pans let me know and I will see if I can find them or if I have it.
My mom is a cake pan hunter lol she goes on missions for me she always is finding me cake pans to list on ebay lol.
my ebay seller name is Bushd2
Dana

SweetBellina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetBellina Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 10:21pm
post #105 of 136

i checked your feedback dana, and wow, i am impressed! no negative, all positive comments! that says a lot about you huh!..i will keep you in mind if i need stuff! icon_wink.gif

DanaBush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaBush Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 10:55pm
post #106 of 136

Thank you that does mean alot .
I have sold from scrapbooking to cake pans all the way up to deisel truck parts lol if you couldnt tell my hubby is a deisel tech.
I do my best for my ebay customers I have held items for them till they were done shopping so I could combine shipping.
I think your feedback does tell alot about a person I hate it when people leave neg cause that hurts alot of business for both parties.
Dana

pompette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pompette Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 11:27pm
post #107 of 136

There was mention about duplicate feedback listed on Ebay. The feedback number (the one next to the star) doesn't include duplicates. If you purchase multiple items and leave multiple feedback, only one counts. If you pull up a particular individual, it will list all the feedback totals (positive, negative, neutral and a grand total received). I also buy and sell on Ebay and it's unfortunate that this seller is reduced to name calling. It just shows they are not concerned about their customers. I for one will make sure I don't purchase from them. Please don't let this one experience turn you against other sellers/buyers on Ebay. There are lots of us who go out of our way to ensure a customer is satisified with their purchase.

frider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frider Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 11:29pm
post #108 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by pompette

There was mention about duplicate feedback listed on Ebay. The feedback number (the one next to the star) doesn't include duplicates. If you purchase multiple items and leave multiple feedback, only one counts. ............

From what I could tell, the people leaving the duplicate feedbacks hadn't even bought anything. That's how I could tell something was very, very wrong. Some of them were different names, but exactly the same feedback, including exactly the same spelling mistakes.

pompette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pompette Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 11:35pm
post #109 of 136

I should clarify, if you post mutliple feedback under the same name. If they are having people post feedback for items that weren't really purchased, I believe they can be suspended by Ebay.

cakesbyjess Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 1:08am
post #110 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtkaylassweets

I decieded to look around their website this afternoon and had a little "chat" with that online help thing. According to the person I "chatted" with, they are taking a few days to close down because they have received threats that they are fearful of.

Oh come on!!!! What type of #@%$ is that?

What a joke!!! I certainly hope they're not talking about the correspondence they had with me. I didn't even come close to threatening them. They're the ones that threatened to report me to Yahoo if I emailed them anymore. icon_mad.gif

donnajf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnajf Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 3:42am
post #111 of 136

This guy and his company sounds like the lowest thing that crawled from under a rock! icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

I have a question though ? Just for the hell of it- can I (we) email Mr. Clarke A. Smith to find out if any of his businesses were ever reported to the BB?
I know that this might sound stupid but I just feel as though that I need to do a little something... icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

I don't expect him to tell the truth but it would be interesting to see what his feedback if any! icon_mad.gif

cakesbyjess Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 4:10am
post #112 of 136

Hey, go ahead and email him ... MsTonyasCakes and I (and maybe others, too) did! icon_smile.gif

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 1:21pm
post #113 of 136

ok, so wrote to ebay and got this reponse:

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your concern about receiving a
negative feedback.

I understand your concern about the possibility of receiving retaliatory
Feedback, so I'd like to give you a better idea of how eBay's Feedback
Forum works.

eBay's Feedback Forum is a place for free and open communication. For
this reason, we can't block members from leaving Feedback or from
retaliating if another member leaves them negative Feedback. But I can
reassure you that when members view your profile, it's usually obvious
to them which comments are retaliatory Feedback. Members take into
consideration your overall Feedback score, including the positive
Feedback you've received.

For more information about the eBay Feedback Forum, go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback.html

Before leaving negative Feedback, please try to resolve any issues with
your trading partner. We recommend calling your trading partner to
discuss the issues. To request your trading partner's contact
information, follow these steps:

1. Click the "Advanced Search" link located under the "Search" button in
the top right of most eBay pages.

2. Click the "Find Contact Information" link located under the "Members"
section on the left side of the page.

3. Enter the User ID of the member and the Item number of the
transaction you have in common.

Another option is to use SquareTrade, a third-party mediation service
that offers online dispute resolution services to eBay members.
SquareTrade can help you work with the other party to resolve disputes
quickly and fairly. To learn more about SquareTrade, go to:

frider Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 3:23pm
post #114 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnajf

This guy and his company sounds like the lowest thing that crawled from under a rock! icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

I have a question though ? Just for the hell of it- can I (we) email Mr. Clarke A. Smith to find out if any of his businesses were ever reported to the BB?
I know that this might sound stupid but I just feel as though that I need to do a little something... icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

I don't expect him to tell the truth but it would be interesting to see what his feedback if any! icon_mad.gif

Someone posted a link in this thread to his company's Better Business Bureau report. They are rated as unsatisfactory.

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 3:26pm
post #115 of 136

Slightly off topic, but not soooo far off.

I had trouble with a place called Pinocchio Productions. They sell cookie cutters really cheap and pop up as a Google Sponsored Link and have a Yahoo store.

web address is
www.pinenose.com

Long story short as possible ... ordered, didn't get order by 3 weeks later. Contacted and told items on backorder (which I was not informed of when placing order), will ship soon. Account charged day of contact. Still no order few weeks later. Had to go through several rounds going back and forth to get money refunded.

Good news is that after that I found a great place to order from! cookiecutter.com. LOVE THEM!

frider Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 3:47pm
post #116 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by czyadgrl

I had trouble with a place called Pinocchio Productions. ........................ Contacted and told items on backorder (which I was not informed of when placing order), will ship soon. Account charged day of contact. Still no order few weeks later. .....................................

Wasn't Pinocchio a liar? icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif

cakesbyjess Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 3:51pm
post #117 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by frider

Quote:

I had trouble with a place called Pinocchio Productions. ........................ Contacted and told items on backorder (which I was not informed of when placing order), will ship soon. Account charged day of contact. Still no order few weeks later. .....................................

Wasn't Pinocchio a liar? icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 9:05pm
post #118 of 136
Quote:

Long story short as possible ... ordered, didn't get order by 3 weeks later. Contacted and told items on backorder (which I was not informed of when placing order), will ship soon. Account charged day of contact. Still no order few weeks later. Had to go through several rounds going back and forth to get money refunded.

oh that drives me MENTAL When people don't tell you that stuff at the time GRRR lol, I mean if they didnt know- great, so when they find out, they should call up and tell you . That happened to me when i bought my first computer. Pieced together the components myself after doing extensive research about what I wanted. Went in and ordered and paid cash, told to come back end of week. It would be ready. Car was kaput, couldnt find one to borrow so I had to rent one (place didnt deliver, which is fine cause that'd have upped their prices no doubt lol) - so I drive the rental there - actually called that morning to make sure it was ready - they had forgotten blablabla were quickly going to install the O/S etc that I had ordered. Didnt bother to tell me on the phone that the good printer I had ordered wasnt ready. I get there and they're still installing software icon_mad.gif - I was pissed when he told me at the store so I told him I wanted him to throw in a few free things because I had rented a car to come pick this up and nobody told me blablabla- he smiles and says' oh lady you drive a hard bargain' WTF? I'm not 'bargaining, I paid for something and am here to pick it up as you promised it'd be ready and it's not- so I'd like you to pretend you're a business for a minute and trying to make a customer happy who is inconvenienced by your screw up. Still didnt tell me the printer was in warehouse at that point- just said it was not in yet. I called a week later and they said that model was discontinued. I said ok what are you goingto do about it? I alraedy paid for the Epson. I want you to exchange it for something else. Oh well we could give you a Canon blablabla we have that sitting right here, Uh no the printer I PAID FOR and havent gotten is a 300 dollar printer - you're not going to exchange it for a cheapo bottom of the line CANON. (again, lady you drive a hard bargain but we cant do that'- oh well I'll be down there tomorrow to get my refund and you can promise I will be spreading the word at how unprofessional you people are icon_smile.gif

sorry for the long post- forgot that was still a sore spot LMAO

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 1:42pm
post #119 of 136

Here is a link my friend sent me..it's a site that you can complain about businesses etc...

http://www.thesqueakywheel.com/index.html

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 3:15pm
post #120 of 136

Am I surprised at all that Sugarcraft is on there? icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%