What Do You Cover Dummy Cake With???

Decorating By diane Updated 12 Apr 2013 , 6:00pm by CWR41

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 8:03am
post #31 of 35

you can also buy them from dallas foam...they're really cheap there!

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 8:29pm
post #32 of 35

Dallas Foam has great prices. Even with shipping, they come out cheaper than if I get them from my local cake decorating store. Here's the link to them: http://www.dallas-foam.com/store/cakedummies.html

tiffanypatton79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiffanypatton79 Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 1:36pm
post #33 of 35

what was the link for candyland? when i go to candyland.com it links me to the hasbro site for the game icon_smile.gif b/c dallas won't ship to me (apo) thanks

Lou-Ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lou-Ann Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 5:19pm
post #34 of 35

A

Original message sent by hollyhobby74

I make allot of dummy cakes to go in our bakery on display and they need to be very durable because people cant seem to keep their hand off them!

Most of the time I use royal icing to cover and decorate with, like you were told before, you need to work fast with this.

When I am using fondant I like to sand the top edge of my dummy to give it a more natural look, and it helps the fondant not tear on the sharp edge. I like to use a very thin layer of piping gel to my dummy for the fondant to stick to. It has worked well for me.

If you would like more detailed direction on construction or stacking, let me know.

Thank you so much. I was just struggling covering a double dummy and found it tearing all the time. Do you have a list of how many kilos of fondant to inches of. Dummy/cake?

I just don't want to waist my fondant.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 6:00pm
post #35 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou-Ann 

Thank you so much. I was just struggling covering a double dummy and found it tearing all the time.
Do you have a list of how many kilos of fondant to inches of. Dummy/cake?

I just don't want to waist my fondant.

Avoid waste!

http://satinice.com/product.php

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%