Pulled Sugar Bath Water

Sugar Work By harrisonsmama Updated 8 Jul 2007 , 1:34am by kbochick

harrisonsmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harrisonsmama Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 8:29am
post #1 of 5

am making a dummy cake for a baby shower and the theme is bath time. I been asked to create a claw foot bath tub, which I will carve from styrofoam and cover in fondant. I would like to have pulled sugar water in the tub, coming out of the faucet and spilling over the tub and onto the floor. Where do I begin? I have sugar, water and a candy thermometer, LOL! Can I pour a hot mixture over fondant and styrofoam? do I have to wait until the sugar has cooled a bit? Suggestions, please.

4 replies
SugarCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarCreations Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 5

No, fondant is nothing more than sugar and water itself. The styrofoam will melt under the heat of the sugar. Other than that I cannot tell you anymore. Yo maybe able to line the fondant with the foil then pour the melted sugar into it. Maybe one of the experts here can tell you more or help you. Experts what about it can you help out here?

jouj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jouj Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 5

Hi, I don't know how to do it, but CakesUnleashed did something like that. Check it out here:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=82923

You can ask her for instructions.

Good luck.

jouj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jouj Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 8:17pm
post #4 of 5

Hi again, you can go to Pastrywiz.com, they have instructions on how to make pulled sugar. You'll find it in the sugar artistry section.
I hope I helped you somehow. icon_smile.gif

kbochick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbochick Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 1:34am
post #5 of 5

Do you mean pulled sugar, or poured sugar? I have done several things with poured sugar. I found that if I pour the boiling sugar immediately over the fondant, the fondant will bubble. I wait now until it has cooled slightly, to kind of a syrupy consistency, and it works beautifully. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%