Copyrights On A Cake Design?

Business By CustomCakesBySharon Updated 15 Sep 2007 , 3:21pm by modthyrth

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 3:10pm
post #91 of 150

I saw some pretty neat stuff on her website I'd like to try my hand at one day but that's not saying I would "copy" her's I'd make it my own and since I don't use fondant she can't come back at me lmao icon_wink.gif

RitzyFritz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RitzyFritz Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 3:14pm
post #92 of 150

For all of you who put the burger cupcakes in your favs to make later, you know you will owe CustomCakesBySharon, right? icon_wink.gif

Just wanted to say those are very cute cupcakes.

I agree with a lot that has already been said, but I wanted to add to what someone else already said - just let it go. Otherwise, if retaliation happens then you just lower yourself to her level. You don't seem to be that type of person, so I think you are right in not letting it go further.

And I sure hope that no one writes me when I make a spiderman cake, or a cowboy cake, or a Woody cake, or a Wilton-designed cake....the list could go on and on. I'm just curious if she thought it through before writing to you.

Have a blessed day! And...keep on baking!

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 3:18pm
post #93 of 150

Some people just need more to do. I don't think I would know any other way to make cheese for whatever I needed for.

Just weird I'd say.

Hang in there Sharon, some people are just a couple bricks shy of a load.

mxdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxdiva Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 3:21pm
post #94 of 150

like no one know cheese burgers have a slice of cheese or what?

CustomCakesBySharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CustomCakesBySharon Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 3:23pm
post #95 of 150

thx guys....yeah, i've already let it go....i sent her the very polite email requesting the copyright info and i'm leaving it at that....i'd b happy to never hear from her again! thumbs_up.gif

i also wanted to say that ever since she emailed me, i've been in more of a mood to make these cupcakes! icon_lol.gif i made them for a BBQ on july 4th and again last night for my son to take to daycare since today is his actual bday (the last time i made them for his kindergarten class was in june - celebrating his 'pretend bday' since he has a summer bday).....and i'll prob make them for our summer picnic at work soon.....they're so fun to make and are always a HUGE hit!

forgot to bring my camera to work today, so will upload the pics later....but i have to say, the ones last night turned out the best so far!!! thumbs_up.gif

Luxe42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luxe42 Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 3:24pm
post #96 of 150

* I always seem to have an extra two cents lying around when I need it icon_wink.gif
but I was just thinking of something...

Now I have only been cake decorating since Sept of 06, and I made a cake a couple months ago for somebody who was having a luau themed birthday party. So I thought it would be a cute idea to make a cake in the shape of a coconut and have it look like a pina colada drink. Umbrella and straw and all! Well I made the cake and it came out super cute! I went to post it here then look at everybody else's coconut shaped cakes and behold....there were none! Never have I thought that nobody else in the world has ever thought of this idea. To this day I don't! But if I ever saw a cake like mine at this point, I would never be so bold as to scold a person for making one saying it was "my" idea. Because how would you really know that? This place is for sharing ideas!!! I think it's great when we all try our different versions of an idea. But it's pretty narcissistic to get up on a high horse and basically go "mine mine mine mine you can't have it" Didn't this lady learn how to share in kindergarten like the rest of us? What a poor sport this lady is. She doesn't deserve to be in the cake community!

Ok...sorry, had to rant again icon_smile.gif

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 3:31pm
post #97 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomCakesBySharon

(the last time i made them for his kindergarten class was in june - celebrating his 'pretend bday' since he has a summer bday)

Have a 1/2 birthday party for him sometime during the school year on his 1/2 birthday icon_wink.gif My mom's friend just did that for her husband because his birthday falls so close to christmas it gets over looked by so many people with the holidays and stuff. So she worked it out and figured out the 1/2 birthday (6 months before the real one on the actual day {mine would be July 22 because my bday is Jan 22}) and have a party then... I think it would be great! And I also think people that are born on Feb 29th on leap years should celebrate their bday every year as well as 1/2 bdays lol. Since their true bday doesn't come but every what 7 years lol they should just have 2 or 3 or 4 parties lmfao icon_wink.gif more reasons for cake!

Get that 1/2 birthday party trend started in your town and you'll get tons of orders icon_wink.gif

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 3:36pm
post #98 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyGoodies

[ And I also think people that are born on Feb 29th on leap years should celebrate their bday every year as well as 1/2 bdays lol. Since their true bday doesn't come but every what 7 years lol

I think it's every 4 years... unless they're a dog. icon_wink.gif

Eggshells Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eggshells Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 3:45pm
post #99 of 150

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaahahaaaa...I just looked at the website and if my eyes are decieving me...then she should be hearing from WILTON INDUSTRIES shortly as ALL of her cupcakes are ideas or adaptations of WILTON DESIGNS.

so there..

neenerneener nee ner.

and come on, when you point a finger you have a few pointing back at yourself.

This woman seems like she is doing her food business from home? ( Yes, I do know that I am ASSuming this..hehehe!)

Is that allowable in a 919 area code? Just where is that exactly?

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

She has 2 choices, stop making her cupcakes and go after every single cupcake maker in the world, or..just go on with her cupcake self and keep on making her cupcakes and as I am fond of saying..." get back to the kitchen"..lol

heheheeeehehe

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 3:51pm
post #100 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggshells

This woman seems like she is doing her food business from home? ( Yes, I do know that I am ASSuming this..hehehe!)

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

This is the kind of thing that gets started when you incite anger and then point them in the "right" direction... how very unfair.

I would hope that no one else lets curiousity, anger, or misplaced morality get the better of them. Let it go.

Eggshells Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 3:55pm
post #101 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely

hope this works and hope it's not copyright and a little bit off topic
http://www.yummyarts.com/sneakpeek1/

oh, I want to make that big hot dog cake!! icon_wink.gif

CustomCakesBySharon Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 3:58pm
post #102 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandisBaked

Quote:

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

This is the kind of thing that gets started when you incite anger and then point them in the "right" direction... how very unfair.

I would hope that no one else lets curiousity, anger, or misplaced morality get the better of them. Let it go.

i agree.....pls guys, let's not take this any farther.....i truly appreciate all ur support, advise & hilarious comments! but pls don't email or harass her.....i've left it alone and would appreciate it if u guys do too thumbs_up.gif

Eggshells Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 4:01pm
post #103 of 150

oh, nononononooooo

My post was made as a jest, poor taste it may be in . I apologize to all.

I've even PM Sharon to not worry about this, it's not worth the worry.

I was just trying to "lighten" the mood a little, not to darken it.

My apologies once again.

I would NEVER email someone in behalf of anyone without their express consent or request and even then, I think about it before I actually get in the middle of something.

keep smiling!

CustomCakesBySharon Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 4:06pm
post #104 of 150
Quote:

oh, nononononooooo

My post was made as a jest, poor taste it may be in . I apologize to all.

I've even PM Sharon to not worry about this, it's not worth the worry.

I was just trying to "lighten" the mood a little, not to darken it.

My apologies once again.

I would NEVER email someone in behalf of anyone without their express consent or request and even then, I think about it before I actually get in the middle of something.

keep smiling!

i figured u were just joking! thumbs_up.gif

i wanted to make sure everyone else knew that i didn't want to bring negative stuff to her too......posted this topic cause i wanted to hear what everyone here thought of the situation, not go after her

i really appreciate this site and all the ppl that belong to it!!! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

thx again guys!

D77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
D77 Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 5:45pm
post #105 of 150

Maybe not post a link to the site, just give it to the ones that PM you requesting it icon_wink.gif

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 6:09pm
post #106 of 150
Quote:

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaahahaaaa...I just looked at the website and if my eyes are decieving me...then she should be hearing from WILTON INDUSTRIES shortly as ALL of her cupcakes are ideas or adaptations of WILTON DESIGNS.

so there..

neenerneener nee ner.

and come on, when you point a finger you have a few pointing back at yourself.

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

She has 2 choices, stop making her cupcakes and go after every single cupcake maker in the world, or..just go on with her cupcake self and keep on making her cupcakes and as I am fond of saying..." get back to the kitchen"..lol

heheheeeehehe

I'm proud of Sharon for not posting the site. I know there is always that little part somewhere inside of us that would love to be nasty, but it is always better to be kind and professional! I'm sure this ladies "cake karma" will come back some day, just as Sharon's good "cake karma" will also!

FYI before anyone gets any crazy ideas icon_wink.gif -- I also am in the 919 area code and home bakers are allowed to be licensed by the Dept. of Ag.

Eggshells Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 6:14pm
post #107 of 150

[quote="southerncake"]

Quote:

so there..

neenerneener nee ner.

FYI before anyone gets any crazy ideas icon_wink.gif -- I also am in the 919 area code and home bakers are allowed to be licensed by the Dept. of Ag.

nah, we are just getting all riled up for kicks and giggles. I REALLY don't think ANYONE here does have a mean bone in their body, including me.

So, no worries.

Sharon I'm sure has gotten over it, I was just being playful, and realized that I came across as a little mean.

I will curb my enthusiasm. lol

I am so glad that there are some states that do permit baking, because I'm telling you guys I'm getting tired of 15 hour days! ugh.

so, where is that list? I'm thinking of moving! icon_lol.gif

wysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wysmommy Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 9:28pm
post #108 of 150

OMG!

I seriously was just kidding about going after her! I hope noone was offended! I'll admit I was curious to see her cakes, just because anyone who makes anything they think is good enough to trademark in the cake world, I want to see it...actually anyone who makes anything at all in the cake world I like to see. My name is Michelle and I'm a cake website addict.

Where's the emoticon for kicking yourself for being such an idiot? I need that one right now.

I'm SO Sorry!!!

(hanging head in shame)
-michelle

CustomCakesBySharon Posted 9 Jul 2007 , 10:00pm
post #109 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by wysmommy

Where's the emoticon for kicking yourself for being such an idiot? I need that one right now. I'm SO Sorry!!! (hanging head in shame) -michelle

no worries michelle! icon_wink.gif

i just had to post the ones i did last night.....i think they were my best batch yet! thumbs_up.gif
LL

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 2:13pm
post #110 of 150

Those are fantastic! What if you were to call your's "Hamburgers, all the way, cupcakes"? I mean, instead of cheeseburgers..

Well, I reckon you couldn't do that in NC without adding chili, and slaw...ugh

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 2:25pm
post #111 of 150

Playdough makes a great set of molds for making tomatoes, lettuce and cheese for cupcake cheesburgers - is she going to go after them too for making it too easy to make them?

Debbie

DebbyTCL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbyTCL Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 2:43pm
post #112 of 150

Love love love your cakes! I will have to try them for one of my nephews birthdays. All of my kids are too old now icon_sad.gif

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 2:50pm
post #113 of 150

They look great!! You are becoming the cheeseburger cupcake expert!

CustomCakesBySharon Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 3:04pm
post #114 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncake

i know, it's funny....i'm probably the 2,397,574 person to make them but now EVERYONE is PMing me for instructions or requesting that i post a tutorial....i'd b happy to work on one.....how do ppl get chosen to do those?

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 3:08pm
post #115 of 150
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncake

i know, it's funny....i'm probably the 2,397,574 person to make them but now EVERYONE is PMing me for instructions or requesting that i post a tutorial....i'd b happy to work on one.....how do ppl get chosen to do those?

not so much chosen as you just do it up and send it end...
and then when Jackie and Heath have a moment or two from maintenance tasks they put it together and post it.

here's how: http://cakecentral.com/submit-article.php

CustomCakesBySharon Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 3:47pm
post #116 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

not so much chosen as you just do it up and send it end...
and then when Jackie and Heath have a moment or two from maintenance tasks they put it together and post it.

here's how: http://cakecentral.com/submit-article.php

thx for that doug!.....i will b making more of these very soon so i might just have to work on a tutorial......even if J&H decide not to post it, at least i'll have something worked up i can send to those who request it thumbs_up.gif

apclassicwed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apclassicwed Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 3:54pm
post #117 of 150

Sharon--
Please write the tutorial for the burger cupcakes--your picture is too cute !!
Also, I support the way you handled the whole "copyright issue" and your responses here on the boards. This thread has been both enlightening and hilarious (some people have some wicked senses of humor--hehehe). Just goes to show that niceness & goodness can finish first (thank God)

Eggshells Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 4:06pm
post #118 of 150

oh Sharon, don't forget the little sesame seeds for the sesame seed buns..hehehee

CustomCakesBySharon Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 4:12pm
post #119 of 150
Quote:

oh Sharon, don't forget the little sesame seeds for the sesame seed buns..hehehee

i know, right?! i haven't had the opportunity to make these for adults yet, but can't wait to add that very important detail!!! icon_wink.gif

Eggshells Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 4:26pm
post #120 of 150
Quote:

Quote:

i know, right?! i haven't had the opportunity to make these for adults yet, but can't wait to add that very important detail!!! icon_wink.gif

ah, just take a little buttercream and pipe them on..heheheee

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%