Please Help W/ Ideas!! :)

Decorating By bellejoey Updated 6 Jul 2007 , 5:30pm by Suebee

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 9

My Sis-in-laws boss (who is a veterinarian) is having a birthday. So she saw Duffs Tequila bottle cake on one of the episodes, think it was called "Hell Week" and wanted me to make something like that except I need to incorporate something about a vet in there! Now I'm without a brain trying to figure something out quick! I wish I could just make a tequila bottle....but nooooo....that would be to easy....hmmm...now I'm confused icon_confused.gif Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

8 replies
sectheatre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sectheatre Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 9

How about a little bottle shaped like a vaccine medicine bottle? They are round with silver ring on top and writing on side. You could customize the writing to say Happy Birthday and such. Putting a needle and syringe (fondant, etc) next to it would clarify what it is if that is in doubt.

bellejoey Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 4:12pm
post #3 of 9

sectheatre...Lol! That is really cute. I like that idea....but...how would I incorporate a tequila bottle? She definately wants a tequila bottle on the cake somewhere...hmmm...this cake is gonna be a pain in the you know what, I just know it! LOL!

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 4:18pm
post #4 of 9

How about if you put a dog drinking the tequila bottle past out.

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 4:19pm
post #5 of 9

If you're good with fondant figures, you could try making dog/cat/etc wearing sombreros, snuggled up to the giant tequila bottle, sleeping off a hangover. Does that make sense?

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 4:20pm
post #6 of 9

ooohhh thats it! You've got it..make the tequila bottle and call it
"Pain in the A#*" tequila, make the label from FBC or colorflow and do a picture of a donkey with a big bandaid on it's bum
and put on the bottom of the label something like
#1 choice of vetrinarians" or something like that
what do you think?

heidisuesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidisuesmom Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 4:26pm
post #7 of 9

Does he do exotics too? If so you could do a spin off of some of the Jimmy Buffet cakes. Have the tiquela bottle and a parrot sitting next to or on it. You could even have him wearing a sombrero or something...

bellejoey Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 5:11pm
post #8 of 9

OMG! You guys are cracking me up!!! I love the animal figures past out idea! I could give a try at animal figures with sombreros passed out! You guys are too good! Now, I am actually a little happy about doing this! He doesn't do exotic animals but a parrot would be funny too!! Thanks you guys!

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 5:30pm
post #9 of 9

You could make the main part like a dog bed, basket weave on the sides and make everything else from fondant and put them all in the basket sleeping it off.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%