Splashing Water - Help!

Decorating By snoopy3 Updated 8 Jul 2007 , 1:44am by kbochick

snoopy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snoopy3 Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 4:29am
post #1 of 15

Hopefully somebody can help me. I have to do a cake that looks like a spray park (the kind the kids play in). I was thinking of just coloring piping gel a tinge of blue and then dotting it on the cake coming out from the spray columns (hope this is making sense!)

Anyone body have any suggestions or ideas?? Looking for something like a water fountain shooting water.

Thanks in advance!! icon_smile.gif

14 replies
alliebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alliebear Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 4:36am
post #2 of 15

poured suagr would do the trick... hopefully someone on here knows how to do that... mayeb anouther alternative would be to scrap the piping gel idea and just use fondant

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 4:38am
post #3 of 15

poured sugar is a great idea

ladefly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladefly Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 4:39am
post #4 of 15

do you mean splashing water coming out like this????
If not ....sorry. i found this on CC .

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=674483

Verina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Verina Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 6:51am
post #5 of 15

I was thinking the same thing as Ladefly. "Waterdrops" (made of gumpaste/fondant) on wires.

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 7:07am
post #6 of 15

That's awesome!! I can just see that in a water cannon type thing on a pole, with the "squirts" coming out over the "Park"....say on a half sheet with an 8 inch round offset, and carved off at the front....covered in fondant to look like part of a water park, and then the "pole cannon" perched on top of it, and water "squirting" out over the cake. Maybe on the sheet you make a sort of "endless river" with kids on tubes floating and one or two standing under that cannon.....just a thought...... thumbs_up.gif

snoopy3 Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 4:59pm
post #7 of 15

Thanks for all of the help. I don't know how to do poured sugar, any idea where I can find out how? And also I've never worked with Fondant. I really like the drops coming out of the bucket, but haven't tried anything like that yet!

ladefly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladefly Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 5:25pm
post #8 of 15

i haven't worked alot with fondant ..... but since no one will be eating the "paint drops", you could probably use the a small pack of the wilton fondant.... get the pastel pack which is allready blue or just make the blue yourself, I know that part isn't hard. then just mold it around pieces of wire and let it dry.... i was looking for a project to do to use these drops. i thought they looked cute.
Where are you from..... If you live in NJ I can give you some of my fondant that I have.
Mary

snoopy3 Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 5:40pm
post #9 of 15

Thank your for your generosity, unfortunately I am in Alberta, Canada. Long way to travel for some fondant icon_biggrin.gif . I just might give the ready made fondant a try! Thanks again!

taznjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taznjo Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 7:12pm
post #10 of 15

Try some MMF. I whipped up a batch tonight and it didn't take long at all. You could cut a batch in half or quarter and maybe make some fun figures to go with the cake as well.

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 1:37am
post #11 of 15

look under allrecipes for rock candy or stained glass candy. you just heat up water, sugar, and corn syrup. It is super easy. you could then just splatt some out on aluminum foil. It would look more like real water.

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 2:52am
post #12 of 15

A nice thick batch of royal icing tinted blue (not too mixed up so some of the white frosting is showing to make it look like water). Pipe it in squirt like shapes on waxed paper or vinyl. When it is very hard just stand them up as needed in your base frosting.

snoopy3 Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 9:29pm
post #13 of 15

Thank you so much for your responses, I really like the sugar candy and the royal icing idea! I'll give it a try!

Thanks again everyone! icon_biggrin.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 9:48pm
post #14 of 15

I remember a thread from a while back, where the CC'er needed water "splooshing" into a figure's face. The responses included melted Jolly Rancher candies, which I believe she eventually used. I don't know where the thread is, but here is the cake:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=582663

kbochick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbochick Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 1:44am
post #15 of 15

I just made a cake with water coming out of a hose. I used poured sugar over wires. All I did was dip some wires in the sugar, and put them in a base I had drizzled. Then I took some additional melted sugar and dripped it over the wires with my spatula. It isn't perfect, but you can see it in my galleries.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%