Pineapple Cupcakes

Decorating By kristingeorge Updated 6 Jul 2007 , 3:50pm by crystalina1977

kristingeorge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristingeorge Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 1:10am
post #1 of 9

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to make some pineapple cupcakes for a kids birthday party, HOLA... But the mom doesn't want to use cream cheese in respect for her family who don't like CC. I'm trying to think of an alternative to cream cheese and buttercream that would compliment the Pineapple... help... in a pinch

Kristin

8 replies
SheilaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaB Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 1:21am
post #2 of 9

What about caramel buttercream?

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 1:23am
post #3 of 9

How about coconut buttercream? Pineapple and coconut always go well together thumbs_up.gif

ann925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ann925 Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 1:35am
post #4 of 9

what about something light and fluffy like a whipped cream frosting.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 1:40am
post #5 of 9

I love the caramel buttercream idea. Or, you could mix a little maraschino cherry juice into the buttercream if you don't mind pink.

With all due respect to SugarFrosted, I doubt coconut would go over big at a kid's party. Some kids are allergic to it too, so it's risky. However, if the cupcakes were for ME, I'd have so much coconut on them it would look like Christmas. icon_wink.gif

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 3:23am
post #6 of 9

For clarification, I meant coconut flavored buttercream, using coconut extract or imitation coconut flavoring.

My family hates the texture of coconut, so I only use the flavoring. Personally, I love coconut, but what can you do?

Coconut allergy is in fact very rare, and actually I never saw anyone with a reaction to coconut in all the years I was an ER nurse. When I googled it just now, the links I got stated that if there is a reaction, it is more often a contact dermatitis type reaction than a food allergy.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 3:26am
post #7 of 9

Thanks for the clarification, SugarFrosted. I've never known anyone with a coconut allergy either. I was just sucked in by the mob. icon_smile.gif

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 3:31am
post #8 of 9

Pineapple and coconut sounds yummy!

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 3:50pm
post #9 of 9

what about a brown sugar frosting?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%