Any Ideas??

Decorating By charlieinMO Updated 21 Jun 2005 , 5:54pm by charlieinMO

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 3:06pm
post #1 of 10

I thought I might make a cake for my sons summer school class and wondered if anyone might have any ideas or pictures of some cakes. The theme for this last have was about bugs!! They have talked about worms, ants, lady bugs etc. I think I would rather do a cake instead of a cupcake cake because I think they have 25 or so kids. Any suggestions would be so appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

Charlotte

9 replies
thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 3:08pm
post #2 of 10

There's lots of cake pictures in the gallery for ideas.

Debbie

charlieinMO Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 5:11pm
post #3 of 10

Well, I thought of that and I have tried looking it up under the search for "bugs" but when I find a cake I would like to look at I can't click on it to get it to pull up. Do you have any suggestions? Can I search by the persons name that posted the cake? I will try that and see if that will work.

Thanks
Char

Misska21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misska21 Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 10

charlieinMO,
This is under technical support, it will help you with seeeing the larger pictures after doing a search...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa

The gallery search has a glitch. Jackie is working on it. Until it's fixed, here's something you can do to view the larger picture.

After you've searched the gallery and the thumbnail pics come up, right click on one, choose properties and copy and paste the URL into your address bar. It will look something like this...

http://cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10441/thumb_pianocake2.jpg

Delete "thumb_" and hit go. You'll be able to view the larger pic.

http://cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10441/pianocake2.jpg

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 5:37pm
post #5 of 10

Maybe you could do a sheet cake and crush oreos on top to look like dirt. Then you could use gummy worms, molded candy ladybugs, etc. to look like they are crawling in the dirt. icon_razz.gif
traci

sls0812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sls0812 Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 5:41pm
post #6 of 10

I don't know if you have ever heard of dirt cake. I can email you the recipe if you haven't. You can make that, and I always put little gummy worms coming out of it. You can also add some other critters.

blueskies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blueskies Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 5:43pm
post #7 of 10

What about a lady bug cake? I've seen a picture of one before - not sure if it was on this site. It looked pretty easy. It had a rounded cake for the body, was frosted red with black dots and black details for the head/face. I think they used licorice for the legs. It was pretty cute.

sls0812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sls0812 Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 5:50pm
post #8 of 10

There is a cute cake on the wilton website that looks like a caterpillar
LL

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 5:52pm
post #9 of 10

That's very cute!

charlieinMO Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 5:54pm
post #10 of 10

Thank you guys so much!! I didn't even think about the dirt cake!! That would be pretty cute!! I really like the caterpillar but I wasn't sure if it would feed enough. I will go and check that out. I also like the oreo idea!! You guys are great. Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the info on the search!! That helps soooo much!! icon_smile.gif

Charlotte

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%