Peppermint Buttercream

Baking By gilpnh Updated 23 Jun 2005 , 4:25am by nernan

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 1:20am
post #1 of 6

OMG icon_eek.gif

I am no peppermint fan, but this is the best ever. I am going through the CMD and my goal is to make every cake in there. About 1/2 of the creations go to work (they will eat anything) and the other half at home.
I just made the Lethal Chocolate Peppermint Cake tonight to take to work and the Peppermint Buttercream that you fill with is to die for, me and the kids have been licking the bowel ever since. The crushed peppermints add a wonderful touch. You have GOT to try this recipie.

5 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 4:09am
post #2 of 6

That is good to know, I'm not a peppermint fan either and probably would not have tried it! I'd be more likely to choose spearmint, but that might not be good in a cake at all!

That is a large order, to make all of those cakes! At least you will know first hand which are the best! Keep us posted on your results.

Thanks for the tip! Janice

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 21 Jun 2005 , 4:55am
post #3 of 6

gilpnh...you're going to become our resident CMD expert! I can't wait till you get to the tomato soup cake icon_razz.gif I've been curious to see how that one tastes.

nernan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nernan Posted 22 Jun 2005 , 11:07am
post #4 of 6

stupid question but what and where is cmd, is it the recipies on cc.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 22 Jun 2005 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 6

CMD is the book "Cake Mix Doctor" by Anne Byrne, and is full of recipes for adding flavors, etc. to cake mixes. It should be available almost anywhere they carry books, mine came from Amazon.com, some find it at Sam's Club, Barnes & Noble, eBay, etc. and it isn't very expensive although the price can vary depending on where you buy it. Janice

nernan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nernan Posted 23 Jun 2005 , 4:25am
post #6 of 6

cool, i was a bit confused.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%