How Many Do U Have????

Decorating By daltonam Updated 28 Aug 2006 , 8:50pm by Bettycrockermommy

MavericksMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MavericksMommy Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 3:49am
post #61 of 69

I don't sell any cakes (yet) but I seem to have gone a bit crazy at the last good sale ($1.00 each). I bought 18 icon_redface.gif . I still have about 16 left because I had to buy 2 more tonight- I didn't have enough of the same flavor to do an upcoming cake and still have an extra box left over. I'm doing a cake on Thursday so that will use at least 2 mixes, and another one for my anniversary next month so that's another 2 so I guess I shouldn't feel so bad.... should I??? icon_confused.gif

smashcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smashcakes Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 3:59am
post #62 of 69

oh goodness. i came home the other day to find my hubby had "organized" the pantry- in order to do this, he took out all my cake mixes and lined them up on the counter- it was 42. not my fault. target had their butter recipe yellow for sale for.38 cents and their chocolate for.47 cents. i couldn't help myself! everytime i went, i felt compelled to buy about 6 or more mixes. plus i probably have 15 or so boxes of pudding

wyatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wyatt Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 6:50am
post #63 of 69

I only have 19. I have to buy a few lemon mixes tomorrow for a cake coming up. I too usually catch them on sale ~ 10 for $10. You just never know when you're gonna have to whip up a cake for 50!

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 2:59pm
post #64 of 69

I currently have only 7 but I usually have anywhere from 10 - 20 mixes with 10 boxes of pudding. Also, 10 bags of the 2lb powdered sugar. Super Target usually have their brand of powdered sugar for $1.02 a piece so I make sure I rack up when I go there.

pamthom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamthom Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 3:12pm
post #65 of 69

My local grocery store had them on sale for 0.99 so I bought 6....now I have a total of 11.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 4:22am
post #66 of 69

I had about 35 boxes of cake mix in the fridge up until last weekend. Making a huge quinceanera cake left me with only 1 lemon, 1 strawberry, 1 yellow, and about 4 chocolate. The only flavor I keep stocked is chocolate. It is my best seller!! I also have like 10 lbs of butter, and about 30 pounds of powdered sugar in the fridge. Last Friday, I had 19 individual cakes frozen in the freezer in preparation for the quinceanera monster!!

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 4:54am
post #67 of 69

vickitilghman ... WOW! ... 19 individual cakes?! I'll bet it was beautiful! I have been reading a lot about Quinceanaras lately. I thought this was a tradition that has been going on for a long time, but it seems like the cakes have really been in demand lately. Are we going to see pictures of the cakes you made? I hope so! icon_smile.gif

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 5:18am
post #68 of 69

I have only been paid for a few cakes the rest have been for practice for friends and wilton classes. I usually have at least 2 french vanilla and 2 milk choc BC on hand. Right now I have one of each and 3 Butter yellow and a pound cake. I just made a 1/2 french and milk. So need to get more I have to do cake for class on Thur. and nieces B-day cake on Tues. I only have 2 bags of PS on hand so Wal-Mart here I come. That is where i usually get mixes for around .84 I got the pound cake cause I read somewhere about mixing them in the other cake mix to make more sturdy cake and was going to try it. I also have a funny story with hubby and cakes. He works over nights so days are all mixed up. He comes in the kitchen one night I was baking and says what's for unch CAKE??? His unch meaning food for what ever meal it might be for him. I said yep cake. What is really wierd is my family doesn't really like frosted cakes. So I don't have the problem of them eating what I need to sell. I just have to frost them fast or they will be gone. icon_biggrin.gif I think BC is more moist. That is my opion.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 8:50pm
post #69 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbyjess

vickitilghman ... WOW! ... 19 individual cakes?! I'll bet it was beautiful! I have been reading a lot about Quinceanaras lately. I thought this was a tradition that has been going on for a long time, but it seems like the cakes have really been in demand lately. Are we going to see pictures of the cakes you made? I hope so! icon_smile.gif

Jess,

I put the pics in my album. It is the really big ivory and green one labeled "Jessica's quinceanera cake". And I just found out today that after all that work, the mother didn't even cut the cakes!!! Unbelieveable!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%