Color Flow Letters On Bc

Decorating By Caykes2 Updated 25 Aug 2006 , 1:23am by Rupnzel

Caykes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caykes2 Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 12:26am
post #1 of 5

I'm doing a wedding cake for Saturday and have color flow letters to put on three of the tiers. Normally I would put them on when I deliver the cake, but this time I have to have the cake fully decorated when I deliver it. My question is if I put them on Friday morning will they be okay on Saturday? I really would like to put them on tonight.

4 replies
Rupnzel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rupnzel Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 12:36am
post #2 of 5

Yes...you should be just fine as long as the cake isn't refridgerated...The would melt on whipped cream, but not on buttercreme that sits out over night. Good luch~!

rupnzel

Caykes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caykes2 Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 12:52am
post #3 of 5

Rupnzel,

Areyou saying I can put them on tonight or wait until tomorrow?

Thanks for your help.

CakesWithAttitude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesWithAttitude Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 12:58am
post #4 of 5

i would wait. the grease in buttercream will melt the colorflow pieces; that is why they should always be put on last.

Rupnzel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rupnzel Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 1:23am
post #5 of 5

My experience with color flow letters on my buttercream may be different than your buttercream. Play it safe and pipe a little buttercream onto the letters tomorrow to place them on the cake once you get it there. Take a piping bag with buttercream and put them on once the cake is set up. If you transport it and go over bumps, they could come off and break. Nothing worse than a catastrophe~!

But over all...test a broken letter piece overnight on your buttercream to be sure.. better safe than sorry~!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%