Any Other Ohio Bakers Out There?

Business By emf7701 Updated 14 Oct 2006 , 1:45pm by musselmom

midialjoje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midialjoje Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 2:33am
post #61 of 128

sorry, I'm near columbus now, but Y-town is my hometown! your cakes are beautiful!!

jcakes17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jcakes17 Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 2:37am
post #62 of 128

Dont fell bad ellepal i live in ashland/mansfield think i am the only one in the middle eveyone is around the outter border.

ellepal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellepal Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 2:48am
post #63 of 128

It's nice to know there are so many other Ohioans out there!!

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 2:01pm
post #64 of 128

I wouldn't mind getting together with some people in the area, not to exclude the rest of the Ohio group.

I am in Maple Hts., I'm sure we could find one of our many coffee shops or restaurants to get together.

ASupergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASupergirl Posted 29 Aug 2006 , 2:36pm
post #65 of 128

jcakes17....I'm in the same area...I thought I was the only one in the middle ha ha....

LilWaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LilWaby Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 12:50pm
post #66 of 128

I'm a Buckeye to!!

I live in Columbus/Worthington area. Right now I am just doing cakes as a hobby. But I would love to get together with you guys for meetings or a club. icon_biggrin.gif

pooker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pooker Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 2:45pm
post #67 of 128

WOW!!! Didn't realize there were so many Buckeyes on the board! I was living in the Akron/Canton area, but just (and I mean JUST) moved to Kent.

Would LOVE to have a get together! Sometimes a "meet-in-the-middle" thing works best.

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 6:17pm
post #68 of 128

I would like to try to put something together before winter hits. Not sure where the middle would be for the participants.

I guess the first thing to do is find out who wants to be involved and where everyone is located. I don't want to get into a situation where people have to worry about an overnight stay.

So if anyone is interested, lets see what we can pull together.

Crystal

emf7701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emf7701 Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 7:03pm
post #69 of 128

a cake-get together would be great! i'm in canton, closer to northcanton/hartville. a meet in the middle place would be nice, so hopefully we can avoid a long, crazy drive! pooker - where abouts in the akron/canton area are you from?

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 7:09pm
post #70 of 128

Jcackes17,
I'm from "the middle" as well. I grew up in mt vernon but now I live in dublin. icon_smile.gif I remember back in the day when I lived in mt vernon we would have to drive to mansfield just to go to walmart...haha!

LilWaby Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 7:19pm
post #71 of 128

I'm in for the get together!

Just let me know where. Maybe we could carpool or something...just a thought.

Diana, where about do you live in Dublin? I work in Dublin, over at the Qwest building by Tuttle/Emarald Parkway. icon_smile.gif

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 7:21pm
post #72 of 128

I'm in Dayton area....actually a suburb. I've looked into cake clubs here, but haven't been successful in finding one! We have lived in Kettering for almost 3 years, lived in Mount Vernon for 5 years prior.

DianaMarieMTV Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 7:24pm
post #73 of 128

I live near Sawmill and Bethel road intersection. I know exactly where the Quest building is...I passed it on my way home from the post office last week. haha....needless to say, I was lost! icon_smile.gif I work at the Olive Garden at Sawmill and 270. Maybe I'll see you around sometime!

Diana

LilWaby Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 7:27pm
post #74 of 128

That's cool! I was just up at Sam's up there at lunch today.

I love Olive Garden icon_biggrin.gif

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 7:28pm
post #75 of 128

Hi
I'm from Hilliard OHio. I saw someone else listd as Hilliard. I"m at the corner of Roberts & Rome-Hilliard - where are you?

dara

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 7:30pm
post #76 of 128

Hey Pataskala
I grew up in Kirkersville but now live in Hilliard. Did you grow up in Pataskala? I went to Watkins and graduated in 83.

dara

Quietcntry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Quietcntry Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 7:34pm
post #77 of 128

I'm from Ohio too! I can't believe how many of us there are! I live in Poland, Ohio (near Youngstown)! Anyone close to me out there???

DianaMarieMTV Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 7:52pm
post #78 of 128

Darandon, I used to live at Roberts and Rome Hilliard, too. At Hilliard Park. Only lived there for a year, but we really liked it! Then came baby, and we needed more space! icon_smile.gif Small, small world!

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 8:00pm
post #79 of 128

I'm an Ohioan, too! I had no idea there were so many of us!! I live on the west side of Cleveland. Avon Lake. This thread has some great info on becoming licensed.

Angie

mlynnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlynnb Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 8:07pm
post #80 of 128

I'm from Jackson Center....in the middle of nowhere! icon_lol.gif I'm pretty sure there's no one else in the area. J.C. is located off of I-75 btn Lima and Dayton. I'm just a hobbyist, but have toyed around with the idea of having a business when the kids are all in school. Thanks all for the great info about liscensing, ect!

sweetattitude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetattitude Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 10:32pm
post #81 of 128

Hello everyone, I'm in Lake County, east of Cleveland. I'm on the site almost every day, but this is my first post. I don't really do cakes, cookies are my thing. Mostly for stress relief occasionally for money. Sometimes I think my co-workers go out of their way to stress me out so I'll bake! I've been looking into the Cottage requirements and this forum has been a huge help.

tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 10:37pm
post #82 of 128

HI sweetattitude, I am from Mentor! Another Lake county person! Nice to meet you!
Tracy

deijha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deijha Posted 30 Aug 2006 , 11:45pm
post #83 of 128

Hello Ohians. As cinwoo said I'm in Hicksville icon_lol.gif (say Cleveland and Columbus than you would in Toledo or Hicksville. ) I live in a very small town between toledo and columbus called Ada, our claim to fame is Ohio Northern University and the Wilson Football factory. We are between all the corn fields icon_lol.gif hicksville for sure. Its nice to see everyone from Ohio, we are well represented on CC. I dont know when I joined but I've learned a lot. I love the idea of a cake club.
Jeanne

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 1:23am
post #84 of 128

darandon wrote

Quote:
Quote:

Hey Pataskala
I grew up in Kirkersville but now live in Hilliard. Did you grow up in Pataskala? I went to Watkins and graduated in 83.

No I didn't grow up here. We moved out to Pataskala about 8 years ago.My oldesst graduated from Watkins in 2003 and my second graduated from Watkins just this past June. Nice to know there are so many of us in the area icon_biggrin.gif

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 4:28am
post #85 of 128

deijha ... Too funny, just tonight on the local 11:00 news, they were talking about how the Wilson football factory in Ada is the only place that is authorized by the NFL to make their footballs!!! I thought of you because I had just read your post a couple hours earlier!!! icon_lol.gif

pooker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pooker Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 11:28am
post #86 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by emf7701

a cake-get together would be great! i'm in canton, closer to northcanton/hartville. a meet in the middle place would be nice, so hopefully we can avoid a long, crazy drive! pooker - where abouts in the akron/canton area are you from?

Lake Township! I graduated from Lake, and after moving around a bit, we lived again in Lake Township for the past 7 years. But I'm now in the Brimfield/Kent area.

Oh and for all you Ohioans, I have a joke...

Do you know where Engagement, Ohio is?
Right between Dayton and Marion! icon_lol.gif

Get it? Between Datin' and Marryin'! icon_lol.gificon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

deijha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deijha Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 4:35pm
post #87 of 128

Yep, cakesbyjess, thats us. I used to work at the factory, many years ago. It was not a fun job.
pooker - I love the joke. I only live about 45 minutes from Marion.

I know of at least one other Ohioian yet to post here, so there is one more of us by Columbus.
Jeanne

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 31 Aug 2006 , 5:01pm
post #88 of 128

okay...where have I been? I have totally been missing this thread!!

ellepal- my in-laws are in Warren. I should look you up when we come to town again!!!!

I REALLY want to have a Cake Club in Ohio. I have been searching other websites trying to find one. I thought that I had, but when I called the number, the woman told me they haven't been doing it for 5 months or so icon_cry.gif .

Since I am in the Columbus area and that seems to be the most centrally located, I would be happy to help coordinate something here to get things started and then if we really get this to take off, we can start moving around the state....

What do you think? PM me if you are SERIOUS about doing this...I really think we have so much to learn from one another. If you PM, tell me what you feel you are best at that you could TEACH the group at our meetings.

By the way, I have only been decorating for about two years and finally after prompting from friends, started selling cakes this past March. I am a stay at home mom of three kids- my oldest just turned 5, I have a 3-1/2 and 23 month old. So, obviously I am doing the cottage industry thing.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 5:35am
post #89 of 128

Just wanted to let all the Ohioians know that the OH ICES Chapter will have it's Fall Day of Sharing on Sun., Sept. 24 in Columbus. Here's a link with the info:

http://www.geocities.com/caketalkoh/

I'm planning to go--hope some others can make it, too.

Rae

DeniseRoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseRoy Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 1:56pm
post #90 of 128

Hey msauer what a small world I am also from Gahanna Ohio. I have only been decorating about a year still learning. Not sure I would have anything to teach but I am always up to learning something new.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%