Advice Please, Dipped And Stuffed Strawberries

Sugar Work By CINDY1956 Updated 5 Jul 2007 , 1:10pm by Synfuldelite

CINDY1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CINDY1956 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 11:36pm
post #1 of 9

I need some advice..please
I want to make some dipped and some stuffed strawberries for my fathers 80 bd party Sunday....
Its going to be outside, from 4-7 and I'm wondering, if I'm nuts for wantting to make them... with the heat and humidty what will they do?
I Really want this to be a Special...thought they looked elegant...
And can I just use melted choc. chips or is that wrong?
Thanks for your help. Cindy

8 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 11:43pm
post #2 of 9

The heat will have a serious negative impact on them. The chocolate will soften/melt, and the cut berries will probably weep. Unless you can get a cold holding unit (some party rentals have them) you could have a big mess.

If you are set on berries, I would have the cleaned berries and a 'dip' of warm ganache. With skewers or long toothpicks, they can be dipped and eaten immediately.

CINDY1956 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 11:51pm
post #3 of 9

That's what I was worried about...I was only going to bring a few out at a time...
I have never made ganache, can you help me with that?
thanks

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 9

Ganache is easy. Equal parts of chocolate and heavy whipping cream. Bring heavy whipping cream to a slight boil. Turn off heat. Pour in the chocolate chips (our chocolate cut into pieces). Stir until dissolved.

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 11:57pm
post #5 of 9

Do you have a hobby lobby by you? Right now they have a 40% coupon. You can get a small chocolate fountain for around 40 bucks. Then with the coupon. Then you could do like JoAnnB stated and have everything there for dipping.

Lu

pmw109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmw109 Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 12:01am
post #6 of 9

Hi Cindy,
I just made some stuffed chocolate dipped strawberries this past weekend, and just sitting out for half an hour, the chocoalte was melting and the strawbeeries were weeping. I love the idea of making athem like a fondue party an let people dip the starwberries.
Here is my recipe for Choclate Ganache. It's easy and delicious

in a sauce pan,

1 cup heavy cream
2tbs butter
2tbs sugar
Bring to a boil
Take off heat
Add 1 12oz bag of chocolate chips
Don't stir, let sit for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes pass, stir until smooth.
Maybe foamy from milk. Stir until smooth and glossy.
Let cool or pour on warm.

CINDY1956 Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 12:08am
post #7 of 9

really stupid question...do I use a fountain or fondue pot?

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 1:55am
post #8 of 9

Either one would work fine. Ifyou make the ganache at the last minute, it will stay warm enough to dip for quite a while. You could just put in a heavy bowl.

Synfuldelite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Synfuldelite Posted 5 Jul 2007 , 1:10pm
post #9 of 9

The fondue would be great!! If you still want to do dipped strawberred this is what I do here in dreadful sunny Fl..I find a really cute party tray that is only a few inches deep...fill it with ice place colored saran wrap over it than place the strawberries on top. Keeps them cool enough for chocolote to stay firm...my strawberries go first before any thing else so melting is never a problem. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%