Need Split Baby Shower Cake Ideas

Decorating By klkhoneycutt Updated 23 Aug 2006 , 11:51pm by cathywood99

klkhoneycutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klkhoneycutt Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 4

I was asked to do a baby shower cake for 2 teachers one is haveing a boy and one a girl they asked if i could do a sheet cake with half of the cake pastel pink and the other half baby blue. i have so many ideas running threw my head but not sure which ones to do I want them to be to diffrent ideas(boy/ girl theme) but i want them to flow at the same time any suggestions??

3 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 10:11pm
post #2 of 4

ok this is a bit of stretch and definately unconventional:

a yin-yang symbol but in blue and pink. pale yellow sides and for the "dots" white w/ little bably booties or baby sleeping?

----------------------------

teachers: a grade book w/ the names entered and grade of A++++++++. that way just one design but both accounted for

---------------------------

lesson plan book showing plans for two classes:
raising boys
raising girls

the some type of fun instructions appropriate to each

--------------------

two little dogs/bears/etc: his all muddy and rough -- her's w/ bows etc.

--------------------------

if you could build off what they teach, could be even funnier.

mxpark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxpark Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 11:26pm
post #3 of 4

i like the idea of the lesson plan book.

i was also thinking for colors you could use a base of brown and on one side use different shades of blue with pale yellow and white and on the other different shades of pink also with the yellow and white.

maybe a baby buggy or pea pod on top with two baby heads - one boy and one girl?

cathywood99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathywood99 Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 11:51pm
post #4 of 4

Do the baby quilt idea. Do half of it in yellow, pink and green and for the boy do blue, yellow and green. I just did 2 seperate ones and I will try to put them in my photos. That is another thing you can do is do 2 different cakes. It would work the same. Just my thoughts. Hope it is helpful.

Cathy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%