7-7-07 Week!!!!!!!

Decorating By MillyCakes Updated 19 Jul 2007 , 10:03pm by mthiberge

MillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MillyCakes Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:07am
post #1 of 58

Alright Decorators!!! Are you all ready???!!!!! I can't wait to see photos on Monday when we are all rested up from the week and weekend!!!!!

57 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:45am
post #2 of 58

Heck, it's gonna take me a week to rest up! I had three this past weekend and I have 3 on the 7th! Thank goodness I have nothing on the 14th!

MillyCakes Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:14am
post #3 of 58

What a week it will be!!!! I have 4 on Saturday (one delivered Friday night - the other 3 spread out Saturday!) I have been planning my exact moves for 2 months. I feel like I am on one of those food network challenges with a minute by minute of what I need to be doing for the next 5 days!!!!

LauraS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LauraS Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:24am
post #4 of 58

I just realized that, lol, I only have one cake, but that is pretty much what i can handle right now. good luck everyone.

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:29am
post #5 of 58

I'll relax for all of you. I have NONE this week. My Daughters BD is the 4th and so I never take orders this time of year. I'll count it as one of my many blessings!!!!

foots2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foots2 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:31am
post #6 of 58

Boy, Im feeling out of place here, I only have 1 wedding cake for saturday. But I am just starting out. Ill probably be more rested up than all of you.LOL. I cant wait till I have all these orders.How long were you all decorating before you started seeing more activity?

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:34am
post #7 of 58

I have just fainted...did you hear me hit the floor???

I have 5 three-tiered wedding cakes for Saturday and 1 3-tier BD cake for Saturday with an expectation of me being at the party and 4 dozen cookies. Oh, and a 2-tier groom's cake AND a sculpted cake like an amp.

Who kept taking those orders???? Man, I knew that I had a problem with saying "no" but ...WOW!!!!

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:34am
post #8 of 58

No cakes for ME this week! I have an Aerielle and Belle cake later in the month. I typically don't do a lot of cakes in the summer. I like to be free to travel, etc.

Beth in KY

jlewis888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlewis888 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:36am
post #9 of 58

Foots2-- by the looks of your cake photos--it won't be long. I live too far away, or I'd be ordering myself!

MillyCakes Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 4:14am
post #10 of 58

Bethola = you should travel to TX and help out Mac this week!!!

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 4:34am
post #11 of 58

I'm with Mac ... 5 wedding cakes for Saturday, plus some other occasion cakes for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!!! I will be happy when this weekend is over!!!! Good luck to everyone!! icon_biggrin.gif

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 11:57am
post #12 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac

I have 5 three-tiered wedding cakes for Saturday and 1 3-tier BD cake for Saturday with an expectation of me being at the party and 4 dozen cookies. Oh, and a 2-tier groom's cake AND a sculpted cake like an amp.

Who kept taking those orders???? Man, I knew that I had a problem with saying "no" but ...WOW!!!!

Holy Moly! Good luck to you!

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:07pm
post #13 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbyjess

I'm with Mac ... 5 wedding cakes for Saturday, plus some other occasion cakes for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!!! I will be happy when this weekend is over!!!! Good luck to everyone!! icon_biggrin.gif

Wow I feel much better !!!! I am not the only person who is going to be nutso!!! But I feel aweful because the weddings I have arte all for outdoors and they are calling for thunderboomers!!!! icon_surprised.gif

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:09pm
post #14 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac

Mac.......Always knew you were crazy icon_razz.gif

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:16pm
post #15 of 58

Good luck to you all! I am also just starting and wouldn't even think of doing any wedding cakes, too scared and am just an amateur. Just started taking classes lin th fall. of 06. I'm hooked now, just hope I get better at it!

Kat

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:25pm
post #16 of 58

OMG! 5 cakes = others - you guys are craaaaaazzeeeeeeeeee!!! I hope everything works out well for you, I just have a cupcake cake for Sunday, but I've been flat out for 2 months, so I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend. I also just got myself a spot in a shop which is opening on Saturday, so I'm making some flapjacks & Millionaire's shortbread for that - I am psyched!!!

momg9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momg9 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:57pm
post #17 of 58

I have only one wedding cake this Saturday. It's 8 - 8 in cakes for centerpieces for the tables.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:46pm
post #18 of 58

I have only 1 wedding cake this weekend, but it's only my fourth wedding cake...so I'm getting my feet wet! I don't know if I'll ever be able to do more than one! How you ya'll do it!

peytonsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peytonsmommy Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 2:38pm
post #19 of 58

I can't imagine trying to do two wedding cakes in a weekend let alone five! Well, maybe it one of them was the plain white fonadant w/ a ribbon at the bottom lol. Probably would be easier if I didn't have a FT job though lol.

MillyCakes Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 4:10pm
post #20 of 58

I actually only started doing wedding cakes last fall. I have done 2 on a weekend before, but never this many. Oh well - I hope you all have a wonderful week!!!

cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 4:15pm
post #21 of 58

A friend of mine actually has 9 wedding cakes for this weekend (there are also numerous birthday cakes). She doesn't freeze anything either. I hope she still has some sanity left after this weekend is over.

peytonsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peytonsmommy Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 4:22pm
post #22 of 58

NINE? icon_eek.gif I can't even fathom how you sould do nine cakes w/o freezing. I'd have to be heavily medicated I think, w/ no sleep and only stopping for a quick potty break now and then lol.

MillyCakes Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 4:47pm
post #23 of 58

9??? I don't even know where I would put 9 cakes????!!!!!!

cake-angel Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 5:00pm
post #24 of 58

I don't think she has sleep on her agenda for Thursday or Friday. I might be going in to help her as since she opened her Cakery she hasn't been taking time for things like sleep LOL!! She has quickly discovered that there is demand for custom cakes in our city and she is the only supplier. The grocery stores are actually sending people to her because they would rather not be bothered with tiered cakes.

MillyCakes Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 7:05pm
post #25 of 58

cake-angel ---- sounds like a partnership opportunity to me???!!! thumbs_up.gif

cake-angel Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 7:19pm
post #26 of 58

If only I had the time. My husband travels a lot and we made a deal that one of us would stay home with the kids (it is me!). He would have if I made more money. I like being a Mom but sometimes I wish I could be around adults more LOL!! When the kids start school I will probably start working part time (like 9:30 to 3 pm type of hours). i actually toyed with the idea of working in her shop for a couple days a week for the summer but with being my sister's wedding planner, cake decorator and in the wedding party (6 weeks from now), I have my plate full. Plus I still have to sew my dress and the outfits of my daughter and son to be ring bearer and flower girl. Maybe in a couple of years if my friend finds a way not to wear herself out!!

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 9:22pm
post #27 of 58

I have one three tiered cake and a couple of sheet cakes. (=200 servings) I almost cried in the baking aisle at walmart today thinking about all those cakes.. icon_smile.gif I had another small cake but she called today and had to cancel. I did the super happy dance.

ThanhThanh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThanhThanh Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 9:29pm
post #28 of 58

I have 8 wedding cakes for this Saturday (5 three-tiered and 3 two-tiered) . Good luck to me .hihihi

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 9:46pm
post #29 of 58

Good Luck everyone!!! Make sure you buy yourselves something nice with all the $$$ you'll make from SOOOO many cakes. I can't imagine 5 cakes, let alone 8 or 9!!!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 11:24pm
post #30 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxymomma521

Good Luck everyone!!! Make sure you buy yourselves something nice with all the $$$ you'll make from SOOOO many cakes. I can't imagine 5 cakes, let alone 8 or 9!!!!!

I'm looking to buy a foot massage. THe cakes I can make ahead of time. What stresses me out is food for 250 for two different weddings at two different places that can't be made a day or two ahead of time like my cakes can. The clock is my enemy on 7/7/07! icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%