Bavarian

Baking By cupcakequeen Updated 20 Jun 2005 , 2:18pm by Lisa

cupcakequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakequeen Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 6:37am
post #1 of 5

What types of Bavarian creams are out there? I've NEVER had this in cake before and yet I read about it so much here. Please tell me more about this icon_smile.gif

4 replies
SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 20 Jun 2005 , 5:05am
post #2 of 5

Well there are various flavoured Bavarian creams, raspberry, strawberry etc. A lot of folks buy the commercial sleeves because apparently it keeps in a filled cake, at room temperature.
It has never been something I liked particularly, there are a lot of donut shops that use it as a filling. To me it has a slightly sour or "on the turn" taste to it, so I don't use it.
You can get a recipe for the regular Bavarian Cream on Ladycake's site. Here is the link: www.ladycakes.com/Recipes/Fillings/Bavarian%20Cream%20Filling.htm
Hugs Squirrelly cakes

ang_ag82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ang_ag82 Posted 20 Jun 2005 , 5:12am
post #3 of 5

In the area where I live many people use Bavarian cream. I actually think it tastes kind of like vanilla pudding. I've been to many weddings where many cake have this as fillings. I've been looking for a recipes, so I think I am probably going to try that recipe out.

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 20 Jun 2005 , 5:23am
post #4 of 5

There is likely a big difference in taste between from scratch and commercially prepared. The commercially prepared doesn't taste like vanilla pudding, it has a strange almost sour taste to it. Almost a tart aftertaste, I guess would be the best way to describe it. Haha, you can tell I am not a big fan, haha!
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 20 Jun 2005 , 2:18pm
post #5 of 5

I really like bavarian cream. It does taste a little like vanilla pudding but lighter and creamier. Really good with fruit.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%