Icecream Cake

Baking By manyacakes Updated 22 Aug 2006 , 10:58pm by TooMuchCake

manyacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manyacakes Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 10:51pm
post #1 of 2

i was asked to make an icecream cake for a friend. she would like some sort of vanilla cake and the flavor of icecream doesn't matter. does anyone have a recipe for or any tips for making one? also do you freeze this type of cake when completed? the only kind of icecream cake i have ever had has been all icecream with the addition of cookie crumbs.

thanks,
manya

1 reply
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 2

I used to do the cakes for a national franchise, and here's how we did it: We torted and froze a round single layer cake. We used a springform pan the same size as the cake and spooned softened ice cream into the bottom of the pan, put in one of the frozen split cake layers, added more ice cream and topped it with the other cake. We put the whole thing back in the freezer until the ice cream was hard again, then took it out of the springform and turned it upside down so that there was a cake layer on the bottom and ice cream on the top. Then we either ganached it or buttercreamed it. You need to work quickly with the icing of it or the ice cream will get soft. Return it to the freezer until about 5 minutes before serving time and let it soften just a bit to make cutting it easier.

Deanna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%