Holographic Disco Dust...where To Purchase Online??

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 29 Jun 2005 , 7:03pm by merry

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 7:43pm
post #1 of 11

I like dusting many of my specialty cakes with holographic Disco dust.The place where I was buying it before in town tells me they have discontinued it...Is there a site online that carries it that I can purchase from??

Thanks icon_smile.gif

10 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 11

This is a new one on me, KiddieKakes, I've never heard of it before. It sounds like fun, maybe I'll go looking for some! Janice

Is there a brand name for it?

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 1:03am
post #3 of 11

It is a fine edible sparkle dust that you blow over the cake to give it a sparkle look.It is called edible glitter. actually I have a secret...sshhhhhh.I have used non-toxic eyeshdow powder which is a fine sparkle dust and I lightly blow this out of my palm to give a sparkle effect but the company called wet n wild no longer makes it!!!

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 1:36am
post #4 of 11

YOU ACTUALLY USE EYESHADOW POWDER ON YOUR CAKE? THE SAME KIND THAT YOU USE ON YOUR EYES? I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THAT BEFORE.

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 2:00am
post #5 of 11

Makes sense to me..... they make it non toxic so why can't it be consumed? Didn't we all eat a little makeup as children?

Lomimo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lomimo Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 2:08am
post #6 of 11

You can get the disco dust @ www.beryls.com. I usually put it on every cake I make. Both kids and adults love it. Hope that helps.

teedy_5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teedy_5 Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 3:22am
post #7 of 11

www.cakesbysam.com has it but they callit pixie dust.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 4:20am
post #8 of 11

I've never heard of it either.. but it sounds interesting!

wandy27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wandy27 Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 4:51am
post #9 of 11

I check out the beryls.com page and looks quite nice. I really like the prices. Have you bought from them before and if so how was the service?

Wandy

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 5:33am
post #10 of 11

I have a 3 year old and shes always in my make up .......shes eaten so much of my stuff anf she still alive so i guess its not bad......

but im not sure if i would put it on a cake.... wilton has luster dust is that the same

merry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
merry Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 7:03pm
post #11 of 11

I have been ordering from Beryls for at least 9 yrs. and always received excellent friendly service.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%