Julie's Less Sweet Buttercream Frosting

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 17 Jul 2007 , 1:47pm by jdelectables

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 1:10pm
post #1 of 8

Decided I will try a less sweet buttercream, I don't know i it's me but when I taste buttercream dream it taste very good, but once I have on cake it tastes so sweet! or is it the combination of sweet cake and sweet icing, and trust me I love cake and love sweets! Anyways, wanted to if anyone ahs tried this recipes it has a lot of rating but really wish it would let you enter comments, if you have any comments on this recipe I would really appreciate it
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipes_id-add_box-2523.html

7 replies
Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 1:28pm
post #2 of 8

I have not tried this recipe.
I LOVE the taste of kitagrl's bc recipe but it is a bit soft....but sooooo yummy!!!

CinWoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CinWoo Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 1:32pm
post #3 of 8

You can cut the sweetness of ANY buttercream by adding salt. For a receipe calling for 4# of powdered sugar I add 1 tsp. of salt. HTH

daranaco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daranaco Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 8

I have the same problem as you, notjustcake! I've performed several buttercream taste tests just to end up thinking it was way too sweet on the cake.

I'm about to try the crusting cream cheese BC. I've heard that even if you don't like cream cheese, you would like this BC. Some people use it exclusively as their standard BC. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 3:02pm
post #5 of 8

...for some, just adding the salt isn't enough.....still too sweet....

I've been experimenting alot latley too...people just seem to really love the whipped/lighter tasting bc's. icon_biggrin.gif

notjustcake Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 3:16pm
post #6 of 8

I will try it on my WBH Chocolate Butter Cake filled with cookies and cream, I had a lady I know once tell me my cake was delicious and the icing was sweet but she said it in a nice way but she still pointed it out so I figured she tought it was on a slight sweet side to her, so I made extra cupcakes since I am on a diet I cannot eat one, I will let her try one to see if she can tell the difference. I will post any results here for any of you that are wondering

notjustcake Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 5:56pm
post #7 of 8

icing turned out very creamy I have been having a hard time with air bubbles recently no problem today, tasted less sweet but just had a tiny little taste I will wait for reviews,

jdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelectables Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 1:47pm
post #8 of 8

How did you like the frosting?

Julie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%