How Can I Do This Edible Trophy?

Decorating By morganacake Updated 3 Jul 2007 , 6:17am by morganacake

morganacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganacake Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 10:10am
post #1 of 6

Hi from Spain. Here is a little challenge for me (I'm new here and in cake decorating too).

I'm planning to bake a cake like a podium for a slot club and I would like to put an edible version of the Parma controller on top. A Parma controller is something like this (on the photo), only the plastic part: I'd like to make it in an edible version, with a golden touch, like a trophy. It must be lightweight too because it must be on top of the step 1 of the podium (the winner's step).

http://www.sportcraftcars.com/slot-acc/parma.jpg

You can see a real trophy like the one I wan to make in a edible version in this photo:
http://morgana.blogslot.es/files/2007/07/parma-trophy.jpg

I hope you understand what a mean, my english is not good enough I'm afraid. Kisses from the other side of the ocean.

Thank you in advance.

5 replies
frostedexpressions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frostedexpressions Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 10:34am
post #2 of 6

If you are wanting it to stand up I would put a rice krispie treat on a dowel rod and shape it, cover it with fondant then paint it with vodka and gold dust. Was not sure if you want it to stand up or lay on something else.

morganacake Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 10:45am
post #3 of 6

Yes, I want it to stand up, you're right. I thought that rice krispie treat would work but I've never worked on it so I'm not sure about the results. In fact, I knew about RKT last friday for the first time. Is it true that they must be eaten the same day you make them? I would like to be able to do this "edible trophy" some days in advance...

Thanks.

frostedexpressions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frostedexpressions Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 6:35pm
post #4 of 6

I would think it would be fine for several days. Press it together really tight when you form it and it should be ok.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 10:39pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by morganacake

Yes, I want it to stand up, you're right. I thought that rice krispie treat would work but I've never worked on it so I'm not sure about the results. In fact, I knew about RKT last friday for the first time. Is it true that they must be eaten the same day you make them? I would like to be able to do this "edible trophy" some days in advance...

Thanks.

same day --> only because the taste so good!

in my family, we make a batch, leave it in the pan and pull of pieces until all gone -- that can take a week or so. Still good after a week, just a lot stiffer and chewier

--- which is a good thing for making the trophy -- it will get firmer, stronger with time.

morganacake Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 6:17am
post #6 of 6

Thank you very much for all. I will tray with RKT covered in MMF.

I hope it works!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%