Remember My 1/2 Sheet Cake That Broke?? I Fixed It!! Woo Hoo

Decorating By momof3jotynjake Updated 17 Jun 2005 , 4:45am by flayvurdfun

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 4:30am
post #1 of 4

WELL, i fixed it!!! ... I ended up wrapping the cake to my cooling rack in saran wrap and foil.. i put in the freezer for about 4 hours.. then i took it out.. and i placed the bottom on my cake board and left the cooling rack on top. I placed my cake torter and torted that sucker!! worked like a charm! i lifted the top of the cooling rack and off came the top of the cake!! just like that!! i filled it.. lifted the cooling rack and placed the cake right back on it!!!! i will be doing this all of the time now with my 1/2 sheets!! it was sooo easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well, here is the picture!! it was for birthday/fathers day.. its in my photos icon_smile.gif!!! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 4:35am
post #2 of 4

i think your cake came out great. good job!!!!

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 4:36am
post #3 of 4

one more question.. i did it today.. to make sure i could fix it... its not being picked up til sunday.. will it be ok? I have it in the box with saran wrap over it.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 4:45am
post #4 of 4

I am pretty sure it will be fine....everything that cake went through this will be nothing.... you go girl!!!! Very sweet cake.... I love the little cartoon children..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%