Durable, Good Cake Recipe

Baking By racedolls Updated 23 Aug 2006 , 8:51pm by racedolls

racedolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
racedolls Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 9:47pm
post #1 of 6

hi

i am new to cake decorating and i was wondering if someone could recommend a good durable all around cake recipe. it can be from scratch or from cake mix. i have seen all the wonderful cakes everyone is making and it has inspired me. i have made a couple but the cake wasnt fluffy. maybe i am doing something wrong too. thanks

5 replies
nenufares Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nenufares Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 6

I like the italiam cream cake recipe posted here at CC, I make it without coconut and makes a fluffy and moist cake.
When I don't have buttermilk I use regular milk and it works perfect.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2208-Italian-Cream-Cake-from-a-mix.html

babyscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyscake Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 6

Cake central has great recipes! I personally love durable cake for 3d and wedding cakes! try it out!

racedolls Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 5:55pm
post #4 of 6

thanks

i am going to try the italian cream recipe--

i did try the durable 3d cake and was very delicious, but wasnt very fluffy. i dont know if i am doing something wrong or not. i made 2 or 3 using that recipe.

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 6:03pm
post #5 of 6

I've had great luck using the Enhanced Cake Recipe on this site.

Remember, escpcially in a scratch recipe, to follow the directions exactly. I added eggs at the wrong time and the cake was like a giant rock slide when you cut into it!

racedolls Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 8:51pm
post #6 of 6

thanks

i will have to watch when i put in the eggs. i am not sure if i followed that completely so i will try it again. like i said it is a delicious cake but it wasnt fluffly. it didnt rise very much at all. it might also be the humitiy as it was high that week. very high.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%