Totm Honors Harry Potter!

Decorating By Melvira Updated 15 Aug 2007 , 7:15pm by Hollyanna70

Cakemaster26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemaster26 Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 6:05pm
post #151 of 244

Hey Everyone

haven't posted in a long while. Just read the post and looked at the pictures... All them where great. I also a Harry Potter Fan. Working at a Barnes and Nobles tonight for the party and book. Cant wait to read the book. Pre-ordered it way in advance.

Enjoy the book!

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 6:09pm
post #152 of 244

Here's a broom cake (Wilton 2008 yearbook) that I whipped out real quick for DS. He wanted something Potter related. Also, I made a chocolate witch hat from a cookie and icecream cone. I know it's isn't the best but he liked it.
LL

JulesM7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulesM7 Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 6:18pm
post #153 of 244

cncgirl - love the broom cake and what a great way to make the hat!

I am working on the sorting hat (the House shields will go around it somehow) and the first try was a mess. I decided to wait to work on it more on Sunday after I read the book so I can take my time and do it justice!

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 6:23pm
post #154 of 244

Thanks, JulesM7! Good luck on your next try on the sorting hat.

Cakemaster26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemaster26 Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 6:27pm
post #155 of 244

[quote="JulesM7"]I won't be finished with my cake today - I am working all day and then must be at B&N to get armbands at 7:00, we'll go out to dinner and then go back to B&N to wait for our books!!! I will work on the actual cake after I finish the book. Anyway, I wanted to post the pic of the MMF House shields I have been working on every night this week - I am happy with them all except the Hufflepuff badger...[/quo

JulesM7 All the Shields are great love them all.

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 7:40pm
post #156 of 244

OK, here's mine... I'm actually VERY happy with how it turned out - first time using fondant, first time doing an impression on fondant, first time using airbrushing and first time using luster dust... Surprised this isn't under the disaster thread with all the new things I tried!

First the UK book cover of HP 7:

Second and third my cake:

Not perfect and a "little" cracking in the S, but it's good enough for me!

Melissa

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 7:43pm
post #157 of 244

Berryblondboys ---

::BRAVO!::
::standing ovation::

that is one fantastic cake!!!!!

berryblondeboys Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 7:52pm
post #158 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

Berryblondboys ---

::BRAVO!::
::standing ovation::

that is one fantastic cake!!!!!

gee, thank you! Well, I NEVER would have been able to do it without your "rubber stamp" suggestion! I have LOTs of people to thank actually because someone else recommended the green piping gel for the gems too.

melissa

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 8:11pm
post #159 of 244

Melissa it turned out fantastic! I simply love it!! Some day I want to make it too! You'll have to give me any tips or tricks you came up with! hehe!

berryblondeboys Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 8:24pm
post #160 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Melissa it turned out fantastic! I simply love it!! Some day I want to make it too! You'll have to give me any tips or tricks you came up with! hehe!

thank you! I was getting quite nervouse because quite a few people were waiting to see it. I'm sure a more experienced and less artistically challenged person could do better, but as long as I think I did the best I could and am happy with it, then that's enough for me.

Of course, anyone can "copy" (and improve) this cake, I wouldn't have been able to do it without all the help I got here!

melissa

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 8:44pm
post #161 of 244

Melissa - it looks fantastic! You did a wonderful job! The colors are excellent!

Only 8 more hours... thumbs_up.gif

Melvira Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 8:52pm
post #162 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys

...I'm sure a more experienced and less artistically challenged person could do better...

Puh-lease!!! You rocked that cake! You should be feeling pretty awesome about your self right now!! I would be! icon_wink.gif

chocolateandpeanutbutter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolateandpeanutbutter Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 8:57pm
post #163 of 244

All I can say is, wow, wow, WOW!

JulesM7, those shields are amazing!

cncgirl00, you did a great job on that broom cake!

Melissa, I'm still picking my jaw up off the floor! You did an amazing job on the Slytherin locket! Fantastic!

Well, I'm almost embarrassed to post these, but I'm so sick of cake at the moment, I decided to do something completely different. I made pumpkin pasties instead:
LL

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 9:13pm
post #164 of 244
Quote:
Quote:

I am happier than a fat kid at Honeydukes!!!

Honeydukes?

And is that really Daniel Radcliff as your avatar?? Wow, he's really grown up........

Melvira Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 9:29pm
post #165 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momkiksbutt

Quote:
Quote:

I am happier than a fat kid at Honeydukes!!!

Honeydukes?

And is that really Daniel Radcliff as your avatar?? Wow, he's really grown up........

Honeydukes the candy store!!

And if you are speaking of MY avatar... yes, that is "Harry" himself from the most recent issue of Details magazine. I bow to Nancy's feet and smooch them for pointing out this issue. I just read all that filler stuff that they call an article, but more importantly spent a niiiiice long time staring at the pictures. He is delish!!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 10:17pm
post #166 of 244

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

at all the girly foolishness

what? is DR the new Elvis? Beatles?

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 10:49pm
post #167 of 244

AUGH- i didn't recognize melvira for a few posts! Woah!

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 10:59pm
post #168 of 244

Oh wow - JulesM7, what can I say?!! Those badges are fantastic!!

Melissa - LOVE the Slytherin locket. It looks wonderful!! What color did you end up using for your fondant?

The broom cake is really cute, especially with the hat on top - nice touch icon_biggrin.gif

Pumpkin pasties - what a good idea! I love how you decorated them too to give them a little something special thumbs_up.gif

There are so many great ideas on here!

-Lisa

bluehen92 Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 11:07pm
post #169 of 244

Here are my silly little cookies. I'm sorry the picture quality isn't better, but please note the Harry Potter tablecloth icon_biggrin.gif

-Lisa
LL

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 11:28pm
post #170 of 244

Way too young for me, Doug!

I prefer Snape and Lucius --

YOWZER!

OzCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OzCookie Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 11:38pm
post #171 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateandpeanutbutter

Well, I'm almost embarrassed to post these, but I'm so sick of cake at the moment, I decided to do something completely different. I made pumpkin pasties instead:

LOVED 'EM - wish I'd thought of them! They look downright MAGICAL!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

OzCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OzCookie Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 11:42pm
post #172 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

And if you are speaking of MY avatar... yes, that is "Harry" himself from the most recent issue of Details magazine. I bow to Nancy's feet and smooch them for pointing out this issue. I just read all that filler stuff that they call an article, but more importantly spent a niiiiice long time staring at the pictures. He is delish!!

Sigh........ Move over, DD! Age before beauty!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 11:42pm
post #173 of 244

Very cute bluhen92!!

I dropped off my cookies for the local HPF in town and never took a pic of them! Doh!

bluehen92 Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 12:31am
post #174 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

I prefer Snape and Lucius --YOWZER!

LOL! Y'all can have them, give me SIRIUS!!!!!

-Lisa

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 1:00am
post #175 of 244

OK I feel kind of goofy putting this on here with all these other ones...coughcough the locket coughcough.. icon_lol.gif

But this is my comical take on HP and the chamber of secrets...
LL
LL

Ariginal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ariginal Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 1:24am
post #176 of 244

Aww he is cute... you shoudnt goofy you did great

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 3:52am
post #177 of 244

I love the locket.

I have a story for everyone that Potter fans will appreciate because only a true fan would think of the book at a time like this but everyone should know that my MIL is very concerned about her husband and isn't heartless. My FIL has a heart problem, he's had several angioplasties and they moniter him closely. This morning he got a call from his doctor telling him to get ahold of his cardiologist because some bloodwork came back off. He started having chest pain and stuff this afternoon and my MIL called to let me know that they were taking him to the hospital and she'd call when they knew what was going on. Well I've said before we live in the sticks, they transfer all heart patients out as soon as they're stable because the hospital isn't big enough for ICU so we knew that he was probably going 120 miles. She called me later and told me that they were sending him, she falls asleep on long drives so either my husband or I need to take her and she told me that if we had to go tonight we might as well wait until midnight to head home so we could get the book instead of waiting until Sunday when my husband and I were going to go. icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif We got part way there and they called to say that the angio won't be done until 8 am so we turned around, after a couple minutes she said we should leave in time to stop at Walmart and get our books before we go to the hospital in the morning. icon_lol.gif

And my husband says I'M bad. icon_twisted.gif

Melvira Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 3:56am
post #178 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehen92

Y'all can have them, give me SIRIUS!!!!!

I'm not going to argue there! He is looking just fine in this movie! icon_wink.gif He's got that sexy crazy thing going on!

And Doug, thank you, I do so appreciate the public mockery. It's a nice change up from being yelled at. tapedshut.gif

Melvira Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 3:59am
post #179 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by marthajo1

AUGH- i didn't recognize melvira for a few posts! Woah!

Heheheh! Don't worry, it will go back to that durned old red shirt in a few days. This just felt appropriate for right now! icon_wink.gif

thecookiemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecookiemoms Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 4:46am
post #180 of 244

On my way (in CA) to stand in line to get my book at midnight. My poor family wont see me for days. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%