Totm Honors Harry Potter!

Decorating By Melvira Updated 15 Aug 2007 , 7:15pm by Hollyanna70

JenWith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWith Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 12:56pm
post #61 of 244

I promise... no heckling. Maybe I can get some great and creative ideas for some cookies for my godson. He is the HP fan in the family.

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 2:43pm
post #62 of 244

Hooray! Today's the day!! (for those of you die-hard fans going to the midnight showing!!!) Like me!

CakesbyMonica Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 2:45pm
post #63 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Ok, I am so busy right now, but it's been killing me to have nothing to post here, so I had to take a quick break today and do something low maintenance. I think they look really cool in person...but the image is shrunk down so far here that they don't look as neat! I should go stand on the sidewalk when the movie comes out and sell them for a buck a piece! Wow... think of all the kids that would buy them. I may have just stumbled onto an idea... hahahahaha! Oh... but I could only sell them between showings, as I will be IN the theatre during... and I'd get arrested for soliciting I'm sure. thumbsdown.gif

Great cookies, I don't think you'd be around long enough to get caught.

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 9:58pm
post #64 of 244

I hope I can attach the picture, but I finished my Bertie Botts Beans bags today! I was pretty happy with how they came out, although I couldn't write small enough to fit all the words on the bags. Mini-wondermold pan cakes, covered with MMF, & topped with jelly beans. I used Jelly Bellies to avoid the ickier Bertie Botts flavors icon_lol.gif

-Lisa
LL

gina1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gina1221 Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 10:00pm
post #65 of 244

Those Bertie Botts cakes are super cute!

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 10:30pm
post #66 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehen92

I used Jelly Bellies to avoid the ickier Bertie Botts flavors icon_lol.gif

Awww! No vomit, dirt, soap, pickle, earwax, or sausage flavors? That's no fun! icon_razz.gificon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

They are super cute btw. thumbs_up.gif

Sparklepop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklepop Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 10:39pm
post #67 of 244

Great Bertie Bott bags I'm sure anyone who's eating them will be happy for the jelly beans and not the Bertie Bott flavours LOL

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 10:42pm
post #68 of 244

I love your Bertie Botts bags !! Very cool thumbs_up.gif
Now I need to knuckle down & do my cake !!

girltrapped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
girltrapped Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 10:49pm
post #69 of 244

I just want to make a cake, go to the drive-in and watch the movie and eat my cake! icon_lol.gif

CakesbyMonica Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 10:56pm
post #70 of 244

I saw the midnight showing of HP!! Easily the best movie of all of them!

chocolateandpeanutbutter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolateandpeanutbutter Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 12:19am
post #71 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesbyMonica

You're so lucky! I have to wait till Friday. *sigh* I hate waiting... I've also heard elsewhere that it is the best movie so far. It sure looks good!

bluehen92, those Bertie Botts bags are awesome! You did a great job and they look fantastic!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 2:52am
post #72 of 244

Ok, I apologize for the sub-par picture I am about to post, but I was in bad lighting, etc. etc. and all those other bad excuses, but it's a choc. chip cookie cake, and it was really cute in person!!

Ok... maybe I am a disgusting perv, but this is quite easily the best movie yet, simply because of the lovely snogging scene! icon_wink.gif That kid is really getting hunky!! icon_redface.gif
LL

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 5:27am
post #73 of 244

Melvira, I like your cookie cake but ( excuse my ignorance icon_redface.gif ) is it a cookie or a cake ? ( can't believe I had to ask that !! icon_confused.gif )
And , yes Harry has grown up ,quite a lot !!! yum yum

I don't know you well enough to agree that yes,you are a ( wouldn't say disgusting ! ) perv........... tapedshut.gif

that's a joke btw...

bluehen92 Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 11:30am
post #74 of 244
Quote:

Yep, definitely the best one yet! Love, love, love Gary Oldman as Sirius - hubba hubba icon_biggrin.gif

-Lisa

bluehen92 Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 11:36am
post #75 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanibird

Awww! No vomit, dirt, soap, pickle, earwax, or sausage flavors? That's no fun! icon_razz.gificon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

They are super cute btw. thumbs_up.gif

Thanks lanibird & everyone! They were easier than I thought they would be, & the kids were really excited to see them finished. I haven't bought the real Bertie Botts in a while, but every time I do we seem to get an inordinate amount of vomit icon_confused.gif so I thought I'd take the safe route this time icon_lol.gif

-Lisa

bluehen92 Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 11:42am
post #76 of 244

Melvira your cookies look great! You're making me want to run out and get an edible image printer - my kids would get such a kick out of seeing Harry on a cake like that. (and I'm not going to show them yours, because then I'll never hear the end of it icon_lol.gif )

-Lisa

JulesM7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulesM7 Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 12:50pm
post #77 of 244

Lisa - love the Bertie Botts cakes!
Melvira - the image looks great on your cookie cake!

I saw the movie last night and it was worth the wait! Now I'm all psyched up to start my cake this weekend!

Melvira Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 2:05pm
post #78 of 244

I will totally agree with the Gary Oldman comment! He plays so many odd characters (5th Element?) that you forget how handsome he really is! icon_wink.gif He looks VERY good all cleaned up in this Potter adventure!

The cookie cake is actually a giant chocolate chip cookie that is frosted and decorated like a cake! This one is a 12". Like those cookie places at the mall... yum! They are so good! icon_wink.gif

For anyone who doesn't have an edible image system, I recommend it highly because it makes jobs like these SO easy! You get great results very quickly! And don't get suckered into buying a $1200 system!! You can get a decent printer for $100!! Ok, sorry, waaaay off subject here!

Back to Harry Potter and the Wicked Hotness!! I think that should be book 8. By then he'll be in his early 20's and totally legal!! icon_wink.gif

Beezaly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beezaly Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 2:20pm
post #79 of 244

Ok, so was I the only one dissapointed with the film? THere was no actual point to it. They didn't disclose any "new" information. (except the obvious in the end). They down-played so many things. It would not have killed the film makers to extend the movie another 45min to get a bit more detail in the film.....Grrrrr, I was soooooo dissapointed. The 4th is by far the best film!

*btw, I am a HUGE fan and have read every book at least 10 times (not kidding-ask my hubby) icon_biggrin.gif

gina1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gina1221 Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 2:21pm
post #80 of 244

Melvira - your cookie cake looks awesome and you definitely chose a hunky pic of DR/HP.

I just got my edible image printer, "inks" and sheets so I'll be trying them out this weekend. I was thinking of putting the pic of DR from Equus on it but then it wouldn't be about HP and it would definitely have to go in the naughty section... icon_eek.gif ...so we'll see what I come up with.

MahalKita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MahalKita Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 11:10pm
post #81 of 244

Saw it last night & we all LOVED it. My 3 year old sat still on my lap the whole time (I was shocked). She was really into it at some of the fighting scenes. She kept yelling "Get him Harry". Too cute!

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 12:21am
post #82 of 244

Here are my first:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=774093
I can't find anything to resize my photos.

I'm having a hard time waiting for the cutters I ordered and had to make SOMETHING. icon_lol.gif

I'm terribly jealous of everyone who's been to see the movie, I checked the local theater's schedule the other day and if I want to see Harry before August I have to drive 2 hours one way. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Melvira are you saying you wouldn't go to jail for Harry? icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

CakesbyMonica Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 6:54am
post #83 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by MahalKita

Saw it last night & we all LOVED it. My 3 year old sat still on my lap the whole time (I was shocked). She was really into it at some of the fighting scenes. She kept yelling "Get him Harry". Too cute!

How'd you get your 3 yr old interested in Harry Potter? My DD couldn't care less! If its not bright and colorful (Princesses, Blue, Dora, Spiderman) its not in her interests. My DH and I LOVE HP. We try to read the books to her (she loves to read) but it doesn't phase her. She likes Charlotte's Web though so its not the length and no pictures.

mbelgard Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 12:47pm
post #84 of 244
Quote:

How'd you get your 3 yr old interested in Harry Potter? My DD couldn't care less! If its not bright and colorful (Princesses, Blue, Dora, Spiderman) its not in her interests. My DH and I LOVE HP. We try to read the books to her (she loves to read) but it doesn't phase her. She likes Charlotte's Web though so its not the length and no pictures.

The language in Harry Potter is way different than Charlotte's Web, it's much more advanced. My oldest wouldn't listen to Harry until he was 5 or 6 even though he LOVED being read to (he'll start 3rd grade in the fall and has already read a full book from the Lord of the Rings along with all the Potter novels independently).
Both my boys have loved the movies since they were really little though, GOF came out on DVD when my youngest was 3 and he loved it.

winjobit77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winjobit77 Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 2:34am
post #85 of 244

ok guys, i did indeed love the movie, but was a little disappointed that so many things were left out. I guess once you get a picture in your head from reading it is difficult to deal with the movie lol. I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited for book 7 to come out.

mbelgard Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 2:58am
post #86 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by winjobit77

ok guys, i did indeed love the movie, but was a little disappointed that so many things were left out. I guess once you get a picture in your head from reading it is difficult to deal with the movie lol. I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited for book 7 to come out.

That's the problems with movies, I like seeing the movies for the visual stuff but the books are way better. If I see a movie I like that I haven't read the book I often will to catch all the stuff they left out.

Melvira Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 3:04am
post #87 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by gina1221

Melvira - your cookie cake looks awesome and you definitely chose a hunky pic of DR/HP.

I just got my edible image printer, "inks" and sheets so I'll be trying them out this weekend. I was thinking of putting the pic of DR from Equus on it but then it wouldn't be about HP and it would definitely have to go in the naughty section... icon_eek.gif ...so we'll see what I come up with.

MEOW!!! I swear I am not some child stalker... but I have that pic on my laptop and just ADORE it!! See, I have this thing for black hair and blue eyes (it stems from my lifelong love of Elvis) and he just has that look!! Sheesh... I am SO bad!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 1:20pm
post #88 of 244
NancysFancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NancysFancy Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 11:15pm
post #89 of 244

Here's my entry for our Harry Potter TOTM.

I always remembered that sad scene in the first movie when Hagrid brought orphaned baby Harry to his horrible relatives -- The Durlseys (That's a tear on Hagrid's cheek) icon_cry.gif

This is a sugar cookie, with all royal icing decor. It's apx. 10" tall.
LL

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 11:24pm
post #90 of 244

oh my oh my ! ! ! ! icon_eek.gif

that is such a stunning cookie NancysFancy!!!!

so precisely detailed!

such talent!!!

YDG! ! RG ! ! !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%