Totm July - Patriotism!

Decorating By Melvira Updated 27 Aug 2007 , 9:30pm by Momkiksbutt

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 134

Ladies and gentlemen, Theme of the Month is proud to select Patriotism for our July theme. Remember, this does not only include the 4th of July for Americans (although that is a valid interpretation!!) but this includes your patriotism to any country on our globe! Please use your imagination to come up with anything that you feel represents your patriotism. If it is not something obvious, feel free to give us a brief explanation of what your entry means to you. For example, if you make a famous author, you could list his/her name, the book(s) they are famous for, and why they tie to that country. (Were they born there? Did the write the book in that country, etc.) I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!!

If there are any questions, browse the TOTM FAQ's here: http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-352603-totm.html+faq

Or feel free to PM me.

133 replies
midgit1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midgit1205 Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 134

Ok, I'm confused. I thought Harry Potter was the theme for July????

JulesM7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulesM7 Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 134

The TOTM for July is Patriotism AND the TOTM is also running a thread honoring Harry Potter. Since this is the month of the last book, it was decided to go ahead and do it in addition to the theme that won the vote.

midgit1205 Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 134

Thank you!! Whew - thought for a minute I was imagining things!

Janeil

Melvira Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 134

No, midgit... you are hallucinating!! Hahahah! Just teasing! Yes, this thread is for Patriotism, the TOTM for July, but we are running a special 'honor thread' for Harry at http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-376593.html

We'd love it if you posted in both!!

midgit1205 Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 7:42pm
post #6 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

No, midgit... you are hallucinating!! Hahahah! Just teasing! Yes, this thread is for Patriotism, the TOTM for July, but we are running a special 'honor thread' for Harry at http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-376593.html

We'd love it if you posted in both!!

LOL!! Whew - thought I had undergone a memory modification charm!! Hee Hee.

Janeil

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 3:41pm
post #7 of 134

I will be on vacation for the first two weeks of July, but when I get home I will for sure be adding to this months Theme. I hope to see lots of additions by the time I get back! Have a great 4th of July all you Americans! For the Canadians in the bunch I hope you are enjoying your Canadian Holiday today! I hope you will make 1st of July confections for us to see!

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 5:20pm
post #8 of 134

(am I the only one who cringes when I see the acronym TOTM? It, isn't a term I associate with Cakes. ahem. If you get my meaning. can we do . . . CAKE of the month? COTM. or something. sorry - it just cracks me up when i see a post starting wtih TOTM. I'm a horrible horrible person.

jmt1714 Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 5:20pm
post #9 of 134

(am I the only one who cringes when I see the acronym TOTM? It, isn't a term I associate with Cakes. ahem. If you get my meaning. can we do . . . CAKE of the month? COTM. or something. sorry - it just cracks me up when i see a post starting wtih TOTM. I'm a horrible horrible person.

midgit1205 Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 6:21pm
post #10 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt1714

Not following. WHAT DO you think of when you see TOTM?????? icon_rolleyes.gif

Janeil

Melvira Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 8:46pm
post #11 of 134

And TOTM means what to you, precisely? icon_confused.gif

It's not the Cake of the Month, it's the Theme of the Month so that people can do cakes, cookies, candy, anything edible.

I have to admit, you've piqued my curiousity!! Especially if it's naughty!!

Edited to add: That second sentence sounded a little snotty when I re-read this post. Sorry. I realize you KNOW what the first T stands for... I just wanted to give a clear explanation of WHY I chose Theme of the Month!! Sorry if it sounded crabby, I certainly didn't mean to!

JulesM7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulesM7 Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 9:16pm
post #12 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt1714

I don't get it either - I've racked my brain trying to make something out of TOTM and haven't come up with anything. So.....what does the acronym stand for to you????

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 10:00pm
post #13 of 134

Replace the first T with the word time. Maybe that is what she means.

Melvira Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 10:07pm
post #14 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncgirl00

Replace the first T with the word time. Maybe that is what she means.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Is that it?? That is hilarious! Didn't even occur to me!!

cncgirl00 Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 10:11pm
post #15 of 134

I think the same thing when I see TOTM, so I have to mentally say theme NOT time. LOL

cncgirl00 Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 10:16pm
post #16 of 134

Hey, I think I can put the two together: It's the time of the month to make a theme of the month cake. I guess that'll work so I don't snicker everytime I see the acronym. HEHEHEHE!!

Melvira Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 10:27pm
post #17 of 134

OMG... you are killing me over here! icon_lol.gif

jmt1714 Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 10:38pm
post #18 of 134

(sorry - but I KNEW it couldn't icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif be just me . . . lol) icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

MahalKita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MahalKita Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 6:30am
post #19 of 134

These are from a previous holiday & I plan on making more but thought I would post them anyways. Can't wait to see everyone else's.
LL
LL
LL

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 7:53am
post #20 of 134

Well, it looks like I won't be doing anything 4th of July themed, so I'll have more incentive to do something more creative later in the month.

I came home from martial arts class this evening to discover that my air conditioning compressor had gone kaput--horrible noise, smoke, and everything. I'm not looking forward to the next few days, which are all supposed to be over 100 degrees. There is no way I can use the oven and add to the heat.

RedPanda (sweatin')

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 10:45am
post #21 of 134

How I feel for you no air oh best wishes cool thoughts.
and all of ya'll withe the totm lol I never thought of that at all ...that was the best laugh!

dazey1050 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dazey1050 Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 4:14pm
post #22 of 134

Here's my messy 4th cake.

practiceandpatience Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
practiceandpatience Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 4:58pm
post #23 of 134

Here's is my 4th of July cake for our annual family get together. It was my first attempt at a human fondant figure. Very time consuming, hope that with practice I can get them done quicker.
LL

MahalKita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MahalKita Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 7:36pm
post #24 of 134

I love BOTH cakes. Great work guys!

midgit1205 Posted 5 Jul 2007 , 3:07am
post #25 of 134

Here is my contribution to the TOTM. The cake is a butter cake with alternating layers of raspberry and blueberry filling. (Thought I would carry the red, white, and blue theme all the way through) Decorated in all buttercream. I attempted to make a 4th of July top hat.

Thanks for looking!

Janeil
LL

celosita002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
celosita002 Posted 5 Jul 2007 , 12:46pm
post #26 of 134

Wow those cakes and cookies are so beautiful! You all are so talented! I'm embarrased to post my cake up. icon_redface.gif I'm am a newbie in the cake decorating world. But I figure I just have to keep trying. This was my first attempt at a FBCT. It ended up being too big for the cake, still have lots to learn. It is WASC cake and Crusting Cream Cheese Icing, used both recipes from CC.
LL

Melvira Posted 5 Jul 2007 , 7:54pm
post #27 of 134

Wow! These are all fantastic! Here is my first offering, though there may be more pix later!!

Edited to add: BC on SC!!
LL

CMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CMarie Posted 5 Jul 2007 , 7:59pm
post #28 of 134

here is my cake for our neighborhood cook out on the 4th
LL

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 5 Jul 2007 , 8:11pm
post #29 of 134

I just made a cake yesterday for our 4th of July/hubby's birthday Party.... inside and outside views attached icon_smile.gif As you made your way around reading the cake it said "Happy 4th (plus sign {and}) Happy Birthday James!!!" on the sides.
LL
LL

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 5 Jul 2007 , 8:19pm
post #30 of 134

Here's my theme of the month cake. It's in my gallery too.

(And Lordy be...I am SOOO glad someone explained the whole TOTM, cause I didn't get it one bit. We're a little slow here in the midwest!)
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

-Michelle
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%