Ring Pans?

Decorating By diz Updated 20 Aug 2006 , 9:17pm by patton78

diz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diz Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 8:43pm
post #1 of 6

I have a pattern to essentially take 2 pans and make a " 8 " and make a race track. It calls for pans with a hole in the middle. Do I HAVE to buy a special pan? Could I not just take a glass and cut a hole in the middle when the cake is still warm? would this even work?

IS there anything I could put in the middle of the pan when it is baking to make this whole? (something wrapping in tin foil maybe? )

5 replies
sweetdreams06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetdreams06 Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 8:51pm
post #2 of 6

HI
you could cut the hole out of the center after baking the cake, but I would make sure the cake is really cold. It is actually easier to sculpt frozen or at least refrigerated cake, I have found. Good luck!

babyscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyscake Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 6

What about a bunt cake pan? I think that would also work if you have one available. If not using any thing round to cut the center would be fine too.

mlparker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlparker Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 9:07pm
post #4 of 6

You might try using a cake heating core. It is already in an aluminum cone shape and it will definitely take a "hole" chunk out of the center of the cake. If the hole is not big enough you could always cut it a little bigger but at least you'd have a hole to start with.

Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 9:09pm
post #5 of 6

What about using your baking core (if you have one) or placing a cleaned empty aluminum can sprayed with Pam/brushed with crisco to create the bundt effect without actually having to use one? I think I would rather create the hole prior to baking since it sounds like that may produce massive crumbs... can you tell I am a major chicken? icon_redface.gif

God, I hate crumbs.....

patton78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patton78 Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 9:17pm
post #6 of 6

I personally would just bake the 2 cakes as is, freeze them and the cut the hole out when they are completely froze.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%