Bowling Cake

Decorating By disneycakegirl23 Updated 31 Jul 2008 , 9:31pm by SugaredUp

disneycakegirl23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneycakegirl23 Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 7

I have to do a bowling cake for a little boy who is turning 7 and having a bowling party and the bowling place. I need ideas for this...it has to be easy to transport, no fondant! and maybe color flow.

~~Bailey

6 replies
bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 11:18pm
post #2 of 7

You could always bake a sheet cake, splitting it lengthwise to create a long alley..Then, make color flow pins and ball. I made an alley cake for my daughter last year. (Not in my pics, though icon_sad.gif ) Then, I wrote Happy Birthday down the length of the lane.. Or, make a bowling ball cake with the sports ball pan. I also made one of those! HTH

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 1:41pm
post #4 of 7

I did a simple sheet cake once for a bowling party. I made the balls and pins out of rbc. (This is candlepin bowling, which is what we have in my area ... smaller balls and pins.)

It doesn't want to attach ... you can click on my web page below my signature line and look in my sports photo album if you are interested.

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 2:46am
post #5 of 7
SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 9:27pm
post #6 of 7

I just saw an adorable bowling cake by Boween (I'm pretty sure it was her). I'll look for it. It wasn't fondant, and it looked adorable, yet easy - and it was something different than just a sheet...

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%