Barbie Fairytopia

Decorating By smileyface Updated 18 Jun 2005 , 6:15pm by smileyface

smileyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 6:18pm
post #1 of 13

Anyone found a Barbie Fairytopia coloring page online? I can't seem to find one. I need to do one for this weekend. All I can come up with is BCT. Any other suggestions are welcome. The cake will need to feed about 35 people.

Thanks!

12 replies
traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 6:30pm
post #2 of 13

I did one a few weeks ago and also had trouble finding a coloring page. I ended up doing a gel transfer of the party bag and put fairytopia stampers around it. Here is a picture. The other idea would be to do an edible image.
LL

smileyface Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 6:35pm
post #3 of 13

Thanks, that is really cute! I will have to keep that in mind if I can't find a coloring page.

DesignsbyD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignsbyD Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 13

Tonia,

I was able to find this link to a barbie topia picture. I hope it helps
Good Luck
Denise

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000C8RM3/?tag=cakecentral-20

traci Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 13

Do you have a way to make an edible image? I was going to do that and did find a good picture online. I think I put keywords "fairytopia"...and I was able to find a color picture of the DVD cover. You will just have to browse. Hope that helps!
traci icon_wink.gif

DesignsbyD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignsbyD Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 6:47pm
post #6 of 13

I just found this....I love this picture

Make sure you post a picture after you make the cake I would love to see it

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00027P7UO/?tag=cakecentral-20

traci Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 6:51pm
post #7 of 13

The pics that designsbyd sent would be great for an edible image! I wish I would have had those when I did mine! I can't wait to see what you do. Have fun! icon_razz.gif
traci

naekramer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 6:54pm
post #9 of 13

Thanks for the links Denise, I will have to print one and see if I can trace it. I thought for sure I could find a coloring page but I have been searching for awhile now. icon_eek.gif

Nope Traci, I don't have a way to make an edible image. I looked at Michael's for rice paper but they don't sell it. Maybe I will check with Walmart and see if they sell their images without cakes if I can't find one I can trace.

traci Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 10:09pm
post #10 of 13

Hey smileyface...I have had images made at Kroger before. You could also check with any bakeries that sell photo cakes. Just be real nice to the employee...and they will usually sell it! Good luck! icon_razz.gif
traci

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 10:19pm
post #11 of 13

I know wal-mart will sell the kits they use and edible images for $5.00 here.

If you take an image to a store to get copied for you, there are things to consider. Most places around here will not do it if it is a copyright item (Fairytopia I am sure is) It is illegal for them to do it and they can get fined for doing it.

I am just letting you know so you don't get frustrated with them if they tell you know. Some places are strict about this and others look the other way, so you may get lucky.

Hope this is informative and helps and isn't discouraging.

Leily

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 10:43pm
post #12 of 13
smileyface Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 6:15pm
post #13 of 13

Thanks for all the help everyone. I just posted the picture under children's birthday cakes. Turns out the Mom wanted the Lavender Barbie Fairytopia. She only wanted the sheet cake without the doll pan. I couldn't find any Barbie Fairy or any Fairy coloring pages to trace so I ended up just drawling my own dress and wings. They turned out okay but I really wish I could have found rice (wafer) paper or a frosting sheet so they could have stood out. Oh well, next time maybe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%