Need To Vent! Wilton Tilting Turn Table

Decorating By cocakedecorator Updated 16 Mar 2013 , 9:28pm by princesscris

ladypratcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladypratcher Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 8:26pm
post #31 of 35

I am sooooooooooooooooooo glad I read this...I was just sitting here telling my hubby that I need a tilt and turn table (beginner baker) and I wanted to research it first...thanx so much for venting!!!  icon_biggrin.gif

Vista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vista Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 9:08pm
post #32 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladypratcher 

I am sooooooooooooooooooo glad I read this...I was just sitting here telling my hubby that I need a tilt and turn table (beginner baker) and I wanted to research it first...thanx so much for venting!!!  icon_biggrin.gif

I have one and LOVE it!  I use it with a skid mat under the cake, and have no problems.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Mar 2013 , 10:14am
post #33 of 35

AI always wondered who bought that tilting thing. Just shove a bench scraper under the cake board to get a tilt on your cake for easier side decorating

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 16 Mar 2013 , 9:13pm
post #34 of 35

I wanted a turn table for icing my cakes....BUT...what I did is buy 2 wooden turn tables, that use to be Suzy trays without the dishes...for 2.00 each at a resale shop...LOVE THEM!!!

out of wood sturdy, and when I want to tilt my cake I put a kitchen towel under one side...works great!!! I have a small one for 8"-10" cakes and I have a large one for 14" cakes.

princesscris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesscris Posted 16 Mar 2013 , 9:28pm
post #35 of 35

My mother bought us the most hideous green marble rotating cheese platter for Christmas a couple of years back. It weighs a tonne. The only time it sees the light of day is when I use it for cake decorating - makes a great turn table!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%