Baby Shower Cake

Decorating By momof3jotynjake Updated 18 Jun 2005 , 9:27pm by MrsMissey

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 2:12pm
post #1 of 9

here is a 8" baby shower cake i did. My 1st baby shower cake order icon_smile.gif! it was fun to make... Im not sure how I like how the blanket came out.. but over all i think its ok... thanks!!!

8 replies
ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 2:21pm
post #2 of 9

I think it's adorable momof3jotynjake!! It's just too cute! great job!!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 9

It is adorable! You did a great job on it. thumbs_up.gif

momof3jotynjake Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 2:26pm
post #4 of 9

thank you thank you!! icon_smile.gif!!!!!!

Im getting a bit nervous. I have never had so many cake orders at once.. any suggestions?
Im doing a 1/2 sheet on sunday... 1/2 cake says happy b-day, the other 1/2 to say happy fathers day.. then monday i have a homer simpson cake due 8".. then the following saturday, i have a baby shower and possibly a 1/2 sheet! any advice?? LOL!!!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh... one more question. do any of yoiu get back aches when decorating?? my back was killing me last nite!

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 2:33pm
post #5 of 9

I'd suggest to bake your cakes ahead and freeze them.. then thaw before you are due to decorate them...

I get back aches when I have to lean over the cake so much doing a lot of decorating.. mine is mainly between the shoulder blades.. probably tension from stress!! lol

I did 4 decorated cakes all due for the same day before.. I didn't know about the bake/freeze ahead of time thing... so I did them all that night AFTER I got home from work.. to say the least, I did not go to bed .. stayed up around the clock, showered, got dressed, loaded up all the cakes and went to work to deliver them to co-workers ... all that for $75 (was all small cakes) ... the things we do to make these cakes just right and get them there on time and people never realize what goes into these cakes *sigh*

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 2:44pm
post #6 of 9

That cake came out wonderful!!!!!!!!

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 5:56am
post #7 of 9

i usually focus on one at a time.........if i think about them all i get crazy........last month was bad ... for me ...some weeks 3-4 cakes to do.... and I always baked ahead of time, mixed my colors in my icings ahead and just decorated on that day.....

momof3jotynjake Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 1:29pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastingmoments

i usually focus on one at a time.........if i think about them all i get crazy........last month was bad ... for me ...some weeks 3-4 cakes to do.... and I always baked ahead of time, mixed my colors in my icings ahead and just decorated on that day.....

great idea! i think illl try mixing my colors a head.. i always wait til i need it!! i hate breaking away to mix the colors
thanks!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 9:27pm
post #9 of 9

My suggestion would be to do every little thing possible ahead of time. Cakes baked and frozen, icings made and colored, boxes put together. I had to decorate 12 cakes yesterday and I thought I was gonna loose my mind even though I had everything ready!! One thing I like to do also is print out a copy of the picture of the cake and give it to my customer..of course, I put label on the back of the photo with my name and number (free advertising!!) thumbs_up.gif , so I can't really do that kind of thing until cakes are finished!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%