momof3jotynjake Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 2:12pm
post #1 of

here is a 8" baby shower cake i did. My 1st baby shower cake order icon_smile.gif! it was fun to make... Im not sure how I like how the blanket came out.. but over all i think its ok... thanks!!!

8 replies
ntertayneme Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 2:21pm
post #2 of

I think it's adorable momof3jotynjake!! It's just too cute! great job!!

Loucinda Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 2:22pm
post #3 of

It is adorable! You did a great job on it. thumbs_up.gif

momof3jotynjake Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 2:26pm
post #4 of

thank you thank you!! icon_smile.gif!!!!!!

Im getting a bit nervous. I have never had so many cake orders at once.. any suggestions?
Im doing a 1/2 sheet on sunday... 1/2 cake says happy b-day, the other 1/2 to say happy fathers day.. then monday i have a homer simpson cake due 8".. then the following saturday, i have a baby shower and possibly a 1/2 sheet! any advice?? LOL!!!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh... one more question. do any of yoiu get back aches when decorating?? my back was killing me last nite!

ntertayneme Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 2:33pm
post #5 of

I'd suggest to bake your cakes ahead and freeze them.. then thaw before you are due to decorate them...

I get back aches when I have to lean over the cake so much doing a lot of decorating.. mine is mainly between the shoulder blades.. probably tension from stress!! lol

I did 4 decorated cakes all due for the same day before.. I didn't know about the bake/freeze ahead of time thing... so I did them all that night AFTER I got home from work.. to say the least, I did not go to bed .. stayed up around the clock, showered, got dressed, loaded up all the cakes and went to work to deliver them to co-workers ... all that for $75 (was all small cakes) ... the things we do to make these cakes just right and get them there on time and people never realize what goes into these cakes *sigh*

briansbaker Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 2:44pm
post #6 of

That cake came out wonderful!!!!!!!!

lastingmoments Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 5:56am
post #7 of

i usually focus on one at a time.........if i think about them all i get crazy........last month was bad ... for me ...some weeks 3-4 cakes to do.... and I always baked ahead of time, mixed my colors in my icings ahead and just decorated on that day.....

momof3jotynjake Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 1:29pm
post #8 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastingmoments

i usually focus on one at a time.........if i think about them all i get crazy........last month was bad ... for me ...some weeks 3-4 cakes to do.... and I always baked ahead of time, mixed my colors in my icings ahead and just decorated on that day.....

great idea! i think illl try mixing my colors a head.. i always wait til i need it!! i hate breaking away to mix the colors
thanks!

MrsMissey Posted 18 Jun 2005 , 9:27pm
post #9 of

My suggestion would be to do every little thing possible ahead of time. Cakes baked and frozen, icings made and colored, boxes put together. I had to decorate 12 cakes yesterday and I thought I was gonna loose my mind even though I had everything ready!! One thing I like to do also is print out a copy of the picture of the cake and give it to my customer..of course, I put label on the back of the photo with my name and number (free advertising!!) thumbs_up.gif , so I can't really do that kind of thing until cakes are finished!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%