sgirvan Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 5:39am
post #1 of

well I attmepted to make ganache for the first time and I used the recipe in the Wilton book. It didn't turn out so well at all, it was very runny, is it supposed to be? The recipe I used was suppossed to whip up and be able to be used as a filling for my cake. I ended up adding about 3 cups of icing sugar to it the thicken it and it worked out ok in the end. I found that it tastes alot like chocolate fudge.

The recipe was 2cups of heavy cream to 2 cups of chocolate

Any input?

6 replies
magentaa23 Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 6:51am
post #2 of

when i make ganache i use a recipe that calls for chocolate ,cream and butter.... the butter thickens it up

lastingmoments Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 8:19am
post #3 of

i tried that too tonight ,, with white candy melts ...and it looked terible...i ended up covering my small cakes with fondant ..

magentaa23 Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 12:47pm
post #4 of

white choc ganach is a lil trickier... since its not really chocolate.... i melt my chocolate and add corn syrup then to get it to the right consistancy i use hot water( i learned that trick from the bakery i worked at) also i use a good quality chocolate iv never used the candy melts.. but im guessin it might not work due to it not really being real chocolate

magentaa23 Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 2:24pm
post #5 of

ok here is my ganach recipe

8.25 oz of cream
10.25 oz chocolate
2.25 oz butter

scalt the cream. pour it over the chocolate till melted, then stir in the butter... i make this a day ahead of time and let it set for a day... the when i need it i pop it into the microwave till warm and i always use my hand to stir it.. this way i know when its the right temp. icon_smile.gif

debsuewoo Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 3:14pm
post #6 of

the gnache recipe I used was so easy.... 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream and 1 14 ounce bag of chocolate candy wafers..... put the cream and chocolate in a double boiler then heat until smooth. It worked out fantastic for me.

Debbi

sgirvan Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 4:50pm
post #7 of

thanks guys, I will give it a try once again when the time it right and let you know how it turns out icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%