Omg! What Do I Do, Cake Falling Apart-Wedd Tommorrow!!!

Decorating By sugartopped Updated 19 Aug 2006 , 3:12am by mkolmar

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 6:46pm
post #31 of 50

Ok, it must be lack of sleep (I've been up since 6am YESTERDAY)....but I FINALLY got the whole bead thing you guys were talking about!! DUH!! icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

So that's how I fixed it!! Here is the fixed portion w/a new bead border at the top!!

And the bride just left w/the cake.....she walked in my house and could see it as soon as she walked in...SHE STARTED CRYING!! just kept saying it's so beautiful.....even more beautiful than i imagined! But she also said (through her tears)....I can even see all your mistakes...and it's still the most beautiful cake I've ever seen"!! icon_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif So guess that's a compliment!! icon_rolleyes.gif

But I have never been so happy to get a cake out of my house!!! JUST PLEASE PRAY THE CAKE MAKES THE 3HR TRIP TO TALLAHASSEE....SITTING ON EVERYONE'S LAP!!

Thanks for your help everyone....I'd probably be sitting in my room crying w/a cake sitting in the trash w/o ya!! thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif
LL
LL

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 6:51pm
post #32 of 50

pb-it's stunning! I will bet with the new border the patch job is barely noticeable. Just beautiful! Get some sleep!

babyscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyscake Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 6:53pm
post #33 of 50

Just amazing!!!! Great job!

sugartopped Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 7:01pm
post #34 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodibug

pb-it's stunning! I will bet with the new border the patch job is barely noticeable. Just beautiful! Get some sleep!

oops....forgot to attach it the fixed photo...should be there now!

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 7:08pm
post #35 of 50

Just beautiful !!! congratulations very well done. Call me dumb but I've looked at all your pics of this cake about 4 times now and still cant see anything wrong lol As previously stated the baker always sees the mistakes the purchaser generally looks at the overall cake.

pilesoflaundry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pilesoflaundry Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 7:08pm
post #36 of 50

Wow it's gorgeous!! thumbs_up.gif

potatocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
potatocakes Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 7:08pm
post #37 of 50

What "mistakes" is she talking about??? I don't see a thing wrong with it! If we hadn't known the bead border wasn't in the original plan, no one would know why it was there. You did a fantastic job and created a beautiful masterpiece of cake! (I wish I could be you - well, after the stressful part's over, anyway!) icon_smile.gif

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 7:18pm
post #38 of 50

It's beautiful!! Not something I would choose, but PERFECT-especially for that pretty pretty princess bride! You did a wonderful job-go get some sleep!!

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 7:23pm
post #39 of 50

Stunning cake. Just gorgeous.

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 7:26pm
post #40 of 50

icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif

PinkBunny!! LOOOOK!!!

That's some seriously amazing cake work, girl.

You did good--real good.
thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

--Knox--

Tiffysma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffysma Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 7:28pm
post #41 of 50

Good save!!! It is stunning and I'm so glad the bride is pleased. Who wouldn't be. I bet you had already described the mistakes or she would have never noticed them!!!

Now take a deep breath and get some much deserved and needed rest!!

Aztec9206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aztec9206 Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 8:58pm
post #42 of 50

icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif DIVINE!!!!!!!!! INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE!!!

NOW!!! get some sleep....PLease icon_smile.gif
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CINDY thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 10:44pm
post #43 of 50

That is absolutely positively stunning! What a fantastic job!
You did great pulling together - you HAVE to be proud of yourself for keeping it together- no matter what anyone gave for feedback here, you kept on truckin and didnt fall apart and toss it.
It's always hard to keep perspective or nearly impossible to fix things when there is a deadline seriously looming- stress goes way up and panic level- taking 10 minutes and walking away from it would have been a good idea- not that there will be a next time- but it's always good to know. You can't focus or steady your hand or handle a crisis in panic mode.
Big thumbs up to you, girl! You did it, and the bride WAS making a compliment.

Now go tell everyone who 'needs' you for the next 2 days you are absolutely not available for ANYTHING and are in destress mode. Sleep, hot bath, whatever! YAYY you're done!

MsLaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsLaura Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 11:19pm
post #44 of 50

WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL JOB!!! AWESOME!!!
Sorry you had to go through what you went through. I hope you are sleep by now and don't have to wake up until YOU get ready. Sweet dreams and congratulations on a job well done.

pjrm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjrm Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 11:51pm
post #45 of 50

I agree with everyone else..........what a gorgeous cake! You never metioned anything about the gems....are the candy? Just wondered if they are edible where you found them, because they really look great!!
Hope you are releaved and proud of yourself thumbs_up.gif

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 1:08am
post #46 of 50

In all of my 54 years I have NEVER EVER seen a cake quite like that. Pat yourself on the back!! She cried at the sight of it.. tears of JOY! NO bigger compliment than that!. I feel your pain at getting it done but it is STUNNING!!!

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 1:39am
post #47 of 50

Ohhhh Pink!!! What a beautiful cake!! You did such a wonderful job on it! I remember seeing the sketch she gave you and wondered how you were going to turn that into cake... You Nailed It!! Awesome!! thumbs_up.gif

sugartopped Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 2:39am
post #48 of 50

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your support!! I really have no idea how I pulled it off b/c it was really an odd choice for a wedding cake and the potiential to be really really bad!!

I just woke up and man am I hungry!! I hadn't eaten anything since lunch yesterday....my stomach was in knots and was just to nervous!! Now...I want pancakes!! icon_lol.gif

xandra83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xandra83 Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 2:57am
post #49 of 50

Beautiful cake!!! It's so unique and just awesome!! This is how you know you're a great decorator. You made a could be disaster into a beautiful masterpiece!! Way to go!!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 3:12am
post #50 of 50

This has to be one of the most beautifulest cakes I have ever seen! you need your own cake show on the foodnetwork, move over Duff!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%