What Is Your Motto To Keep Going....

Decorating By TPDC Updated 18 Aug 2006 , 1:18pm by sun33082

TPDC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TPDC Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 4:55am
post #1 of 17

I was thinking this would be a fun topic. What is your motto "saying" to keep going? I thought it would be fun to see what everyone tells themselves, and be able to add more to mine.

So, here are a few of mine:
"With determination anything is possible."
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep.... follow your dream when you are awake." (so I stole some words)
"Practice Makes Perfect."

16 replies
ashlymomx2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashlymomx2 Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 5:03am
post #2 of 17

well, i am not sure if this is what you were looking for...but when I get frustrated and ready to quit...."AHHHHHHH, I can't do this!" and then I do it to prove myself wrong. icon_biggrin.gif

SweetBellina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetBellina Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 5:13am
post #3 of 17

i thought of 2:
it is better to bake, than to buy some tapedshut.gif cakes from the store! icon_lol.gif
u can use baking as an excuse for gaining weight! icon_rolleyes.gif

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 6:30am
post #4 of 17

I keep going by telling myself that every painting isn't a masterpiece and that with every bodge I make it's one step closer to me knowing more about sugar.

MustloveDogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MustloveDogs Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 6:44am
post #5 of 17

my motto is "if the cake is not behaving you can seek the ultimate revenge...and eat it" icon_biggrin.gif

Cake_Geek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Geek Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 11:53am
post #6 of 17

From the Mythbusters....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!!

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 12:33pm
post #7 of 17

Mine is from the movie Finding Nemo when Nemo tells Dori to keep on swimming to get through the jelly fish. That became my motto - Keep on swimming. If I keep going, I will get through it and get better at it. icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 12:41pm
post #8 of 17

I'm a collector of quotes and one of my favorites is from George Bernard Shaw: "People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 12:42pm
post #9 of 17

Wow, everyone here is so kind.
Mine is: Life sucks, so deal with it!

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 12:49pm
post #10 of 17

The word "can't" was frowned on in our home. If it slipped out, the response always was:

You can, but only if you think you can. Don't doubt yourself.

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 12:51pm
post #11 of 17

Mine is "Do the next thing."

Sometimes projects (or just life in general) seem overwhelming, so if I just focus on doing one thing at a time and then when that's done, on the next single task after that, not on all the stuff that wants my attention in a given day, I can get more done.

My second favorite motivational saying is "Every little thing that gets done, is something less waiting to BE done." That keeps me pecking away at my to-do list even when it seems too long to deal with.

Deanna

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 12:58pm
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I'm a collector of quotes and one of my favorites is from George Bernard Shaw: "People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

Great quote and motto!

tatetart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatetart Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 1:01pm
post #13 of 17

All my life I was told,
"CAN'T NEVER COULD!"

Lately I have been telling myself this a lot.

"This is ALL just a learning curve..." icon_rolleyes.gif

makincakeintx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makincakeintx Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 1:08pm
post #14 of 17

Great topic!

Indydebi great quote.....

Here in our family my daughter tells everyone that is in doubt of there abilities "just call my mom she will tell you how to get through it". I am know as the mom with the great pep talks. My favorite is "What don't kill ya makes ya stronger, and at this point I am so strong I could whip superman" That has devoloped through my life as the one thing that has gotten my family through many tough situations. Also "Your are from tough stock...You can do this."

From the counsoler of the family.
I love this topic....

kay52178 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kay52178 Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 1:10pm
post #15 of 17

Sometimes I get myself stressed and think - why am I doing this.. But in the end I think "no pain, no gain".. If I didn't have to work hard to get the cake done while working, coaching, and studying for an exam, then I wouldn't feel great about the cake when it was finished.

Tiffysma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffysma Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 1:16pm
post #16 of 17

I get up, walk away a minute, take a deep breath and say "Okay, I CAN do this! Then, I go back and do it!

sun33082 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sun33082 Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 1:18pm
post #17 of 17

Man where were you guys last night when I wanted to smash the cake with my hands and throw the fondant against the wall? lol Hate it when I look back and think about all the things I could have done to fix the problems I had.

But then I just remember, "Now I know, and next time will be better." Thank goodness!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%