Luau Theme And Hibiscus Flowers....

Decorating By olana11 Updated 27 Jun 2007 , 10:27pm by misterc

olana11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olana11 Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 7:12pm
post #1 of 6

I'm making a cake for my best friend's daughter's graduation...I had it all planned out,then the daughter changed the theme last minute icon_surprised.gif so now I'd like to do a waterfall cake with some palm trees and hibiscus....
Is there a mold for hibiscus? Everyone's looks so perfect. Also, any tips or suggestions for the palm trees? And finally,the biggie, the waterfall....I've seen some done in RI,BC and fondant,.. was wondering about opinions on which to use??

Thanks in advance
icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 6

For the palm trees, check out the Hawaiian theme cake by CakesUnleashed. Her trees are perfect.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 6

If you do a gallery search for "luau" it will yeild seven pages of photos. One for "waterfall" will give you three pages.

HTH

misterc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misterc Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 7:40pm
post #4 of 6

If you look in my picteures there ia a luau themed cake. Have fun!

olana11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olana11 Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 10:18pm
post #5 of 6

Misterc, wow! Do you have any pointers? I love your flowers and trees... is the water just "draped" on?

misterc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misterc Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 10:27pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by olana11

Misterc, wow! Do you have any pointers? I love your flowers and trees... is the water just "draped" on?

Yes, the water is just draped on and then I dusted it with luster dust. PM me if you have any questions on how I did it. The cake was a bit time consuming but easy. Again, PM me with any questions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%