Storing Premade Decorations

Decorating By jreimer Updated 20 Oct 2007 , 1:23pm by Melan

jreimer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jreimer Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 4

What is the best way to store premade flowers/decorations out of buttercream? And also out of fondant/gumpaste?

I have a lot of extra buttercream roses left over from this past weekend, alnog with some buttercream drop flowers - I've put them in a container, but when I grab them out, they kinda crumble, so I don't know if there's a better way or not. I'm limited on space, so I can't really leave them all flat on a tray unfortunately.

Anybody know the best way? I'd love to start making these ahead of time when I have some down time.

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 7:10pm
post #2 of 4

Fondant and gumpaste will dry well and store away from heat, moisture or light.

Royal flowers will also store well. Buttercream roses don't hold up, in my experience.

jreimer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jreimer Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 7:18pm
post #3 of 4

So do you make drop flowers with RI?? I suppose I could do that... I don't see why not...

Also - if i make them in white now, would they be easily airbrushed a color to 'match'?? Or is there a better way to color them. I'm trying to find the most efficient way of doing this...

Melan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melan Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 1:23pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreimer

So do you make drop flowers with RI?? I suppose I could do that... I don't see why not...

Also - if i make them in white now, would they be easily airbrushed a color to 'match'?? Or is there a better way to color them. I'm trying to find the most efficient way of doing this...

I need to know the answer to this if anyone has it... The part about coloring them. And will they bleed onto bc after placing them on the cake? I need to achieve a cobalt blue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%