Any Other Pregnant Cc'ers Out There?

Decorating By steffla Updated 19 Jul 2007 , 1:56am by kchart

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 21

I am about 6 weeks pregnant with my third child. My first two are 5 1/2 and 4. I am just starting to get queasy and I was very sick with the first two. I am afraid to take any more cake orders right now but dont want to end up losing my business as it is just starting to roll in regularly now. I have 5 more cake between now and July12 and am already dreading the idea of looking at all that cake....blehhhhhh icon_sad.gif

Did anyone experience this? Did you just suck it up or did you take a break? And what did you tell your customers? Thanks for answering...

20 replies
steffla Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 6:19pm
post #2 of 21

anyone, anyone????

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 21

I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow and have a 6 and 4 year old. They've been great for me when I'm feeling less than wonderful, but I haven't had too many problems with sweet smells. For me the odors that really get me are the smell of tomato based products, popcorn, and some meats. I'm actually craving the sweet stuff. Hopefully that ends soon. icon_rolleyes.gif

I think between your uneasy stomach and the exhaustion you no doubt are feeling at this stage in your pregnancy would make taking it easy totally justifiable! Don't feel guilty about needing to take care of yourself. Maybe cut back on how many orders you take?

I have a wedding cake to make for some friends in 2 weeks and I'm a bit concerned about it. Not for the reasons you've been struggling with, but more a stress concern. Wedding cakes are such a huge deal and I've not made too many of them. My dh thinks it can be done in a day, so I'll likely be feeling a bit of tension in the house when he sees me start baking the cakes 2 days before the ceremony. lol Oh well, what can I say? He's all mine! lol icon_razz.gif

Wendy

DeniseFL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseFL Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 21

Yes!!! I am 28 weeks pregnant, my second child...

lisap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisap Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 21

I'm 31 weeks pregnant this week with a 3 1/2 year old and a fulltime "real" job! It has been an experience. I was just getting legal and licensed and trying to build the business up when I got pregnant. Somehow I have muddled through-thanks to alot of help and support from husband, mother and MIL. Luckily, I wasn't too horribly sick at the beginning of this pregnancy (not like last one!) so I was able to handle most orders. However, there were orders that I turned down-don't be afraid to do it. Just tell them that you are booked for that date. My worst fear is early labor (my daughter came three weeks early on my sister's wedding day) and this baby is already over 4 lbs as estimated by our last ultrasound. I have cakes on the books through July 21st. That gives me about 4 weeks before baby is due and hopefully I won't be too huge and uncomfortable. Pregnancy is different for everybody so just listen to what your body tells you and don't be afraid to be booked for a weekend. First priority should be taking care of yourself and the baby-I probably should have rested more! Best of luck.

steffla Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 7:11pm
post #6 of 21

thanks everyone! Sometimes it just feels better to know you are not alone. I was into doing cakes like this when I had the other two. I basically did one or two every few months so I did not have this dilemna. But now, of course, I am just getting things off the ground and business is suddenly building on itself by word of mouth so this is all new for me! Thanks for the support, maybe we can keep checking back in with each other on a thread like this!

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 8:27pm
post #7 of 21

Send some baby dust my way please icon_smile.gif

steffla Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 8:35pm
post #8 of 21

miriel, I dont know how long you have been trying but even though we tried for several months each with two of our children, I know it is nothing compared to those couple trying for years. Still, I do understand how quickly it can take over your life and be really depressing and frustrating. Both times we had success, were the month we finally couldnt take it anymore and gave up for a while. Stopped doing the ov. tests and such and just focused on something else. In this case, I started getting my cake business off the ground and had a month with many orders where I was so focused on something else, I think that is why it finally worked. So another reason to love CC!!! Wishing you alll the luck in the world and lots of sticky baby dust to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chef_Rinny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Rinny Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 9:55pm
post #9 of 21

Hey all, I just found out I am about 6 weeks pregnant with my second child. My first only survived for 2 months due to a rare defect so I am a really scared, but also extremely happy! Congrats to all you other prego's out there too! I work in a bakery and just got a promotion, so much for taking it easy.

Miriel-sending sticky baby dust and baby vibes your way!!!!

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 10:47pm
post #10 of 21

I just want to say CONGRATS to all the CCers that are preggers!

steffla Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 10:51pm
post #11 of 21

this thread rocks! Best of both worlds! Congrats on the 2nd baby, keep positive thoughts and we will be praying for you! Congrats everyone, keep us posted on the cake progress too!

yassy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yassy Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 3:09am
post #12 of 21

l had my second daughter 6 weeks ago and have only just got my motivation back! l know how hard it is to be baking and decorating cakes while being pregnant. Now l just have to learn how to juggle two children, (sleepless nights) and a home business. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

BakeNShake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeNShake Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 3:39am
post #13 of 21

Congrats to all of you expecting mothers out there and Good Luck to all of you trying to conceive. It took my husband and I 5 years to have our son--who is now almost 9 months old---oh my--how time flies.

steffla Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 1:22am
post #14 of 21

Yassy - you go girl! I cant imagine getting back into cakes 6 weeks later. I remember six weeks and I was like a sleep deprived crazy person! Good for you, hope I can follow in your footsteps!

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 4:25am
post #15 of 21

Congratulations to all of you pregnant CC'ers! I wish you healthy, happy pregnancies and new babies.

Sending lots of sticky baby dust to those of you TTC. thumbs_up.gif

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 5:26pm
post #16 of 21

A post with 2 out of my 3 passions (dh)!!!!!....

What is better than cake decorating and babies!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

We had our 5th baby 7 mos. ago and I'm ready for another! It's hard doing the cake thing and being pregnant. Just standing on your feet for that many hours! Though truthfully, it was easier to concentrate on the cakes when they are IN my tummy instead of OUT of my tummy! They are much easier to please in the tummy.....

Congrats on your pregnancies. And lots of baby dust to those who want it! (though, I may save a little dust in my pocket for me for later... LOL)

steffla Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 4:48pm
post #17 of 21

hsmomma you are my hero!!! I wish I wasn't feeling so sick, even looking at cakes makes me feel ill. Here is the cake I somehow mananged to finish while running back and forth to the bathroom! I think I need a break for a little while but I already have deposits from three more cakes icon_sad.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=720133

ruralepicure Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruralepicure Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 1:29am
post #18 of 21

I just found out a week ago that my husband and I are expecting baby #3. I am don't know what I'm going to do about my baking. I can hardly even walk into the kitchen right now without gagging!!

How does everyone do it? I have absolutely NO energy and the biggest issue right now is that I don't have OB coverage for my insurance - EEK!!

Congratulations to all that are expecting! I also wish the best to those that are trying. Don't forget, practice makes perfect!!

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 1:42am
post #19 of 21

you guys can do, I baked and decorated up until I delivered 4 months ago.... my docs and nurses cursed me cause my feet and legs swole like a demon... but hey my baby was a big ole boy home grown on icing and cake icon_smile.gif And he is beautiful. Just remember to take time for yourselves and enjoy your pregnancy... don't overdo, but do indulge!!!!! Good luck and god bless you and the new miracle growing inside your own little personal oven!

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 1:47am
post #20 of 21

This thread is wonderful and makes me happy to be part of CC icon_lol.gif . Congratulations to all you pregnant Momma's and lots of baby dust to the ones who are trying. All this baby talk makes me miss my children's baby years icon_cry.gif . They are 17, 11 & 7 now and no more babies for me. I guess I'll just have to wait for the grandbabies thumbs_up.gif !

kchart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kchart Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 1:56am
post #21 of 21

well, i am 26 weeks pregnant with our second baby and am having such a difficult time right now standing and decorating. Not sure how much longer i'll be able to do it! Baby number one was a 10pd baby, hoping this one will be a little smaller!

For those experiencing the ewwwws in early pregnancy, all that icing and cake made me want to gag too. Not much helps, so take your time decorating and get fresh air often!!!!

Congrats to all those expecting! I know i'm counting down those days till October 25th!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%