Adding Pudding To Cake Mixes

Baking By bakincakin Updated 23 Aug 2006 , 5:56pm by FunCakesVT

mom_of2boyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom_of2boyz Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 10:20am
post #31 of 38

When I first started baking and experimenting, I would always add the pudding mix. but no extra egg or anything. And just followed the rest of the directions for the cake mix. The cakes turned out good. (better than basic box).
After reading through this thread, I made another cake, this time I added the extra egg, AND changed the water to milk.
That is how I am doing them ALL from now on. The cake turned out GREAT!
Thanks for all the suggestions.

bridgett413 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bridgett413 Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 11:21am
post #32 of 38

For those of you who use milk instead of water, does that change how long the cake can sit out without being refridgerated? I'm very limited on my fridge space so I try to use cakes and icings that don't have to be refridgerated, but I'd love to try the milk thing!

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 2:18pm
post #33 of 38

Hi mom_of2boyz...glad that you liked it! thumbs_up.gif

Hi bridgett!! No, you don't need to refrigerate it.... I leave mine out and have no problems at all with it.

HTH, ~Denise

ConnieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieB Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 2:36pm
post #34 of 38

I am so glad that I have read this thread!! I can't wait to try milk in place of water, it does sound like it would make it better. I am also going to try butter in place of oil...cause BUTTER makes everything BETTER! thumbs_up.gif

usaribbon.gif Support our president and troops usaribbon.gif

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 4:45pm
post #35 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieB

...cause BUTTER makes everything BETTER! thumbs_up.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif You can never have too much BUTTER!!! thumbs_up.gif

krysoco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krysoco Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 5:41pm
post #36 of 38

I use buttermilk not cow's milk. The basic recipe I follow is buttermilk, oil, and 4 eggs. Don't add any water.

When yall say "add an egg", I'm assuming that's the egg yolk and white???

ConnieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieB Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 5:46pm
post #37 of 38

Yes, I add the egg yolk and the white! usaribbon.gif

FunCakesVT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FunCakesVT Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 5:56pm
post #38 of 38

I actually was having trouble with getting my DH mixes to cook when I added the extra egg. Have now reduced to using the mix, 2% milk in place of the water and oil called for, 1 package dry instant pudding mix (sugar free), and the 3 eggs called for. Cooks in about 3-5 minutes more than the box calls for and comes out extremely moist and luscious.

Good luck everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%