Princess Flavor

Decorating By alanahodgson Updated 20 May 2008 , 2:18am by CeeTee

alanahodgson Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 9:54pm
post #1 of 8

I just bought a bottle of "princess flavor" from my local cake supply store. They buy large quantities of supplies and then re-package the items in smaller quantities for individual sale. This is the reason why I'm not sure what exactly I've purchased. I was hoping it was princess cake and cookie emulsion, but its a very dark brown color. It has an almond-like flavor and a little bit of a citrus smell which sounds like the descriptions I've read here, but the color is throwing me off. I have seen in these forums that people use it to flavor their icings. I would think this dark brown flavoring would discolor the icing. Did I get the right stuff? Is it supposed to be brown?

7 replies
alanahodgson Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 4:13pm
post #2 of 8

anyone?

LOVEME Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 4:33pm
post #3 of 8

Yes this is a dark color.I sell it on-line.I love it.But I don not use in my frosting.It's really for cookies and baked goods.I think you are looking for Creme Bouquet...light butter-citrus flavor.
Hope that helps.

alanahodgson Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 4:51pm
post #4 of 8

THANKS!!

Yomomma Posted 20 May 2008 , 1:39am
post #5 of 8

Does anyone know the shelf life of this product? I purchased this a couple of years ago and have it stored in the refrigerator.

cocobean Posted 20 May 2008 , 1:51am
post #6 of 8

LOVEME, what kind of cookies or baked goods do you use YOUR princess flavor in?

ANicole Posted 20 May 2008 , 1:58am
post #7 of 8

Hi alannah.

I just got some the other day too. But mine is a real bottle by Lorann. It's dark. I used it to perk up the flavor in my last white cake. I loved it. I won't be using it for frosting, though. I think I'm going to save it for my fondant and for my white cakes.

HTH!

Amber

CeeTee Posted 20 May 2008 , 2:18am
post #8 of 8

Ahh, y'all who aren't using it for icing are missing out! I've used it for my buttercream and it tastes divine! It doesn't make the icing dark or discolored.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%