Do Regular Stores Sell Magic Line Pans?

Decorating By pilesoflaundry Updated 30 Jun 2011 , 7:40pm by mimido

pilesoflaundry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pilesoflaundry Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 27

I know there are a lot of online stores that sell them but do any real life stores sell them? I want a few of them and was wondering if there was a way to get them on discount (like michael's or hobby lobby with a 40% coupon)? Thanks!

26 replies
cakesoncall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesoncall Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 2:52pm
post #2 of 27

The only place I've ever seen them (besides online) has been at a very few cake supply stores. I don't think you'll ever find them in a "big box" store because they're more expensive than Wilton pans, and Magic Line is catered towards more serious bakers than Wilton is. The few I have seen in cake supply shops have been very standard shapes and sizes, so the majority of my Magic Line pans have come from online stores.

patton78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patton78 Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 2:53pm
post #3 of 27

I have never found magic line pans at any stores including Michaels, Hobby Lobby, AC Moore nor the 2 speciality cake decorating shops I have been to.

pilesoflaundry Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 27

Thanks, I didn't think I would find them except online. I only want a few of the round ones so it should even out...if I buy the rest wilton on sale/discount that I paid shipping to get the few magic line.

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 1:42am
post #5 of 27

I wish they did!!!

I've always liked them so much! But, the only place I've seen them available is online.

If you do come across a place, let us all know!

slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 2:52am
post #6 of 27

They're available from Cake Central now, at a discounted price (at least some are discounted, I haven't checked them all) and you get free whipping on orders over $50.

I think that's the best deal you're likely to find . . .

Laura.

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 2:55am
post #7 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by slejdick

They're available from Cake Central now, at a discounted price (at least some are discounted, I haven't checked them all) and you get free whipping on orders over $50.

Laura.

All kinds of cake information and enthusists...and now we even get free whipping! Everyone likes a good whipping now and then.....

LOL just a joke...had to say something.

Diana

pilesoflaundry Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 3:28am
post #8 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaMarieMTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by slejdick

Laura.

All kinds of cake information and enthusists...and now we even get free whipping! Everyone likes a good whipping now and then.....

LOL just a joke...had to say something.

Diana

LOL I saw that and knew what was meant but it's still cute. I see them under specials. Not sure I can get away with ordering $50 at once right now but I will keep that in mind. icon_smile.gif

slejdick Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 3:29am
post #9 of 27

icon_surprised.gif

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

OOPS, I even read that over and didn't catch my typo, ROFL!

What I MEANT to say was free SHIPPING, of course! icon_redface.gif

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 3:34am
post #10 of 27

You can also find them at Country Kitchen Sweet Art in Ft. Wayne IN. I really felt like they were not that much more than the Wilton pans in price. You can also get them at a shop in Cincinnati on US 4. Can't remember the name of the place but the building is bright Pink.

I like the pans..they are so much nicer than the wiltons.

slejdick Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 3:36am
post #11 of 27

The bright pink place is Sugarcraft in Hamilton. I love that place, I go into the cake pan room and just dream about upgrading all my pans to magic line!

I haven't bought any yet, because when I do, I'm sure I won't be happy with the ones I already have, and will feel the need to buy all new (and expensive) pans, which isn't in the budget right now.

Laura.

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 3:39am
post #12 of 27

pilesoflaundry,

I just have to say that I really like your user name. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with piles!!!

Carol

pilesoflaundry Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 4:05am
post #13 of 27

Carol, thanks icon_smile.gif. I have the piles on the floor in front of the washer. I need to get them in the washer icon_redface.gif

Laura, that is why I'm hesitant to buy them eventhough I know I want them. I get like that and have replaced my cookware a few times because I find something I like and then want nothing else. At least I don't have many cake pans so if I get addicted to the ML, it's not too much to replace.

sundine2, glad to hear you like them so much. I noticed the rounds, not much difference to wilton either like you said. And thanks for the ideas of where to get them, I'm not near there at all (I'm in TX) but if I ever find myself that way icon_smile.gif.

Tonja Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tonja Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 4:17am
post #14 of 27

pilesoflaundry... where in Texas?... I am from Tyler

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 4:40am
post #15 of 27

slejdick,

I bought the 9x13 magic line pan at Sugarcraft and it was only 20 dollars. I think the next size up was only 22.00 which I did not feel was all that expensive.

Country Kitchen is a wonderful store if you ever want to do a road trip.

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 10:51am
post #16 of 27

Thanks for this post, I want to slowly (would rather do it quickly lol) replace my Wilton pans with Magic Line but I will probably just order from the store here at CC icon_smile.gif

pilesoflaundry Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 11:49pm
post #17 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonja

pilesoflaundry... where in Texas?... I am from Tyler

Wichita Falls, for now. I'm not from TX, a transplant. Dh is in the army, we leave here in Nov-Dec.

Walkinmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Walkinmomma Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 9:20pm
post #18 of 27

How can you get them on cake central-I did a search and nothing came up, then tried the shop button-still nothing! icon_sad.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 7:46am
post #19 of 27

Amazon, discounted and free shipping over $25.

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 10:53am
post #20 of 27

I have puchased them at even small local cake stores a little higher price but no shipping and you can buy the shapes and sizes.

I have also bought them on ebay some new some used at drasticly cheap prices even with shipping. just have to watch for them I have auto search that emails me when new ones are listed.

I have several sets of all the shapes of the magic line. easier to have more pans of the same size when baking several cakes at a time.. no wait to get the cakes out of the pans.. saves time in the long run and worth the cost of the pan. I have a 16" square that I have been trying to buy another and can only find as big as a 14".. dont know why.

I only a couple of the horrible wilton pans left, I have been been selling (or try to ) sell at the yearly garage sales. Last year I had some 9 in pans that people didn't want. so the public is getting smarter.. so this year the price goes super low and I hope to get them out of my garage along with a few other sizes and some character pans. Decided Im out of the sheet cake and character pan business. They drive me crazy.

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 11:11am
post #21 of 27

I have seen them for good prices at "Flower Factory." It used to be a member's only discount craft/wedding/party/flowers/etc store but is now open to the public. I have also picked up cake drums and Satin Ice there. Haven't been there lately so not sure if they still sell them.

Walkinmomma Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 11:18am
post #22 of 27

Looking at the magic line pans on Amazon and noticed some are listed under Parrish magic line and some just under Parrish. Prices seem to be different-are they the same pan?(I searched "Parrish Magic Line cake pans)

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 11:25am
post #23 of 27

Where area are you in? There are at least 5 different places around here that sell magic line in their store. & an couple that sell fat daddio pans

Walkinmomma Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 11:28am
post #24 of 27

We are located in northeast PA

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 6:20pm
post #25 of 27

I think the name changes and price differences on amazon are due different sellers. Usually the best reviewed come up first if you put it in the search on amazon. They sell Fat Daddios too.

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 7:03pm
post #26 of 27

our flower factory here in the cleveand ohio area closed, and now only a few cake shops that handle cake supplies so most come from on line.

does anyone know the pink cake shop in hamilton? I thought I had it listed under my favorites but guess not. I might try to google it.

magic lines are so very much worth the money. Haven't heard any thing good about the fat dadio pans, and I see that wilton has come out with some gold pans.. any word on those?

some of the wilton preferd pans with the good straight sides and heavier gage thickness is pretty good. I have several of those that are 1/4 sheets and I think a couple of the 8 or 10 rounds. Problem is the sides are a little shorter than the magic line..

mimido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimido Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 7:40pm
post #27 of 27

Just ordered a set of 5 pans 3 in deep Magic Line pans from Amazon. Free shipping.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%