Flour Pot Bound...

Baking By Bouncin4Bonjovi Updated 16 Nov 2006 , 3:05am by Bouncin4Bonjovi

Bouncin4Bonjovi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bouncin4Bonjovi Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 12:50am
post #1 of 7

I am going to a workshop at the Flourpot store in Ambler, PA in October. I hope it is worth it. The classes range from $55, $32 and $28. I took the $28 class. If I can make my cookies look half as adorable as their book, it will definately be worth it. Wish me luck. icon_rolleyes.gif

6 replies
manyacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manyacakes Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 2:29am
post #2 of 7

hi,

good luck! i found out last week that i'm going to be on heavy travel from now till mid nov for work. i'm disappointed cause even though they will be mostly one day trips it won't give me enough time to get up there for a class. let me know how it goes. i'm curious about the supplies too!

manya

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 3:21am
post #3 of 7

Good luck and please post when you get back. Can't wait to see your cookies!

manatee19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manatee19 Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 4:43pm
post #4 of 7

I found their website the other day. MAN! She is so good. They use all fondant then decorate with royal.

I too, would love to see what they teach.

I fun in the class.

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 4:49pm
post #5 of 7

good luck with your class, I am just writing to say...bon jovi...........sigh....

nattyk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nattyk Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 5:08pm
post #6 of 7

Hi, did you make it to the class? How was it? I have their book and am just amazed at their cookies.

Bouncin4Bonjovi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bouncin4Bonjovi Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 3:05am
post #7 of 7

Yeah, I got there. It was the worst weather and it took me and my SIL almost 1 1/2 to get there. In the car I was joking with her and said "wouldn't it be funny if we were the only ones who came to the cookie demonstration?" And low-and-behold, we were the only ones who showed up! icon_eek.gif

I have to say, their store is adorable and Margie (the owner) is a sweetheart. The session I signed up for was an open-session
($28 class), meaning we got to use her studio and all of her supplies, but she was not there to help us. In other words, she was in the store if we did need help, but she was not actually demonstrating. So, we were basically on our own. Margie did give me the tip about the wrapping the royal icing in saran wrap before putting it in the piping bag. I thought that was an awesome idea. If I was to do it again, I would sign up for the session ($55 class) where she was the teacher. But all-in-all, we had a good time.

I hope this helps.

Becky

Besides my husband, Jon Bonjovi is my hero. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%