Scratch Bakers: Post Your Best Recipes!!!!!!!!!!

Baking By brittanydear Updated 9 Jun 2014 , 10:31am by kkmcmahan

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 8:09am
post #181 of 426

Julzs71~ do you have the link to the Shubox cake? Would you mind sharing it please? I was lookning for it tonight and do not think I found the correct one!

Thank you everyone for all the amazing recipes! I can't wait to try them!!!

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 10:56am
post #182 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by illini89

I too have some great from scratch recipes. Please email me at [email protected] if interested. Going through a tough time right now and can not write all the recipes here. But I am more than willing to share with those interested. I have 2 great chocolate recipes, a silver cake and a gold cake! Living in germany where we do not get box mixes, you can only bake from scratch.

Thanks so much for the recipes, I'LL DEFF be using them soson and I'll give you my feedback so keep watching.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 11:39am
post #183 of 426

Logged onto this site a little late and just spent the last hour before going to work reading all posts! CC'ers, you made me late again! Love all of your favorites! Keep 'em coming!

steph95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph95 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 11:44am
post #184 of 426

txkat,
Were we to email you requesting the mimosa cake recipe or were you going to post it on CC? I was just wondering because i would love to have the recipe, also!!!

novice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
novice Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 11:56am
post #185 of 426

The cake I get requests for most often is a marble. The last mix I made I thought was too "preserved" tasting. I would really like a great scratch recipe. Do you scratch bakers use a mix of a yellow and a chocolate to make a marble?

RitzyFritz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RitzyFritz Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:04pm
post #186 of 426

Thank you, Beckalita, for the diabetic recipes! I fix hair for a sweet elderly lady who is diabetic and I was recently thinking I needed to find some recipes so she can enjoy a little sweetness too! icon_wink.gif Thanks a million!

RitzyFritz Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:16pm
post #187 of 426

mkolmar and txkat: On the mimosa cake, do you HAVE to use champagne? Is there anything that can be substituted and still get a close end result? Thanks!

vitomiriam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitomiriam Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:47pm
post #188 of 426

Yorkiemum, thanks so much for the recipe. I was wondering if you had any scratch rum cake recipes. I stay away from box cakes because (IMHO) I always pick up the "box" flavor. Maybe I can add rum extract to my regular yellow cake recipe and follow the Bacardi Rum recipe steps for adding the syrup when it's hot. What do you think?

2sdae Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:14pm
post #189 of 426

o.k I am dying to try this rum cake recipe!!! Where can I find it please ladies?

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 2:52pm
post #190 of 426

I just use the champagne, never tried it with something else.

steplite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steplite Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 3:00pm
post #191 of 426

I just found the shubox cake recipe on epicurious.com. it's the coconut layer cake. You can google "shubox cake recipe" and it takes you there.

vitomiriam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitomiriam Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 3:29pm
post #192 of 426
2sdae Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 4:15pm
post #193 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitomiriam

2sdai, here you go: http://baking.about.com/cs/cakes/a/bacardirum.htm

ooooooh, thank you, looks SSSSSSOOOOOO GOOOOD!

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 4:33pm
post #194 of 426

The Mimosa cake recipe is up on another thread. To all those who PM'ed, please forgive the lack of response. My CC pages take so long to load, it would take me hours to respond one by one with the recipe.

Bon Apetit!

steph95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph95 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 4:59pm
post #195 of 426

Here's the thread:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-382023-mimosa.html

thanx txkat!!!! I can't wait to try it!!!

2sdae Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 5:19pm
post #196 of 426

Big thanks to everyone who has so generously shared their wonderful cake recipes with me and all of our fellow CCer's!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifbirthday.gifbirthday.gifbirthday.gifbirthday.gifbirthday.gifbirthday.gifbirthday.gifbirthday.gifbirthday.gifbirthday.gifbirthday.gifbirthday.gifbirthday.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

karapags Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karapags Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 3:35pm
post #197 of 426

Can't wait to try some of these. Thanks for posting.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 4:08pm
post #198 of 426

My DIL brought me a piece of cake a couple of days ago. She presented it to me with the request that I figure out how to make it. This place charges 300.00 for a full sheet cake of it. It was VERY good.

Well, in trying to figure out the different layers of stuff, I decided that one of the layers HAD to be a mousse with cream cheese in it.

Anyway, in my search I came across this recipe...
http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/39/Cream-Cheese-Mousse93238.shtml

I doubled it...added 1 1/4 cup of melted white chocolate chips(measured then melted) to the cream cheese/gelatin/ps mixture....

Awesome stuff.

recipe looks as if it would be kind of tedious....but it just seems that way...3 or 4 steps to an awesome filling.

snarkybaker Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 4:18pm
post #199 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

My DIL brought me a piece of cake a couple of days ago. She presented it to me with the request that I figure out how to make it. This place charges 300.00 for a full sheet cake of it. It was VERY good.

Well, in trying to figure out the different layers of stuff, I decided that one of the layers HAD to be a mousse with cream cheese in it.

Anyway, in my search I came across this recipe...
http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/39/Cream-Cheese-Mousse93238.shtml

I doubled it...added 1 1/4 cup of melted white chocolate chips(measured then melted) to the cream cheese/gelatin/ps mixture....

Awesome stuff.

recipe looks as if it would be kind of tedious....but it just seems that way...3 or 4 steps to an awesome filling.

Whose cake is it ? I can probably point you in the right direction. I know pretty much every posh baker in the state.

all4cake Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 4:25pm
post #200 of 426

No kidding? You're in NC?

It came from a restaurant in Troy...

Gino's...Zino's...Dino's....Beano's

She gets it all the time from there....

I didn't know if they had it shipped frozen or if they actually made it there. I know a lot of restaurants do their desserts that way.

It's a marble sheet cake...split into 3 layers...cake...white moussey stuff...cake...chocolate truffle moussey stuff...cake...chocolate ganache

my daughter had to bop me in the back of the head to get my rolled back eyes to look straight again after eating it.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 4:45pm
post #201 of 426

I just made a basic vanilla cake today for the 4th of July cook-out, think I'll fill it with this cream cheese chocolate mousse. It sounds really good.

snarkybaker Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 6:58pm
post #202 of 426
Quote:

I didn't know if they had it shipped frozen or if they actually made it there. I know a lot of restaurants do their desserts that way.

It's a marble sheet cake...split into 3 layers...cake...white moussey stuff...cake...chocolate truffle moussey stuff...cake...chocolate ganache

my daughter had to bop me in the back of the head to get my rolled back eyes to look straight again after eating it.

Is it a white cake based marble cake ? I think it may be Mad Hatters tuxedo cake, which we make for them.

all4cake Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 9:54pm
post #203 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by txkat

Quote:

Is it a white cake based marble cake ? I think it may be Mad Hatters tuxedo cake, which we make for them.

hmmmmmmmmm....seemed so.

and looked as if there was some sort of white chocolate swizzle type decorations on top....

If it is one that ya'll do for them, what's the white moussey layer? Is it a cream cheese mousse? If you are unable to divulge that info, I understand. I'll have just as much fun trying to figure it out...my thighs might not agree but they'll come 'round soon enough.

snarkybaker Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 9:59pm
post #204 of 426

Tuxedo cake is white/chocolate marble cake with alternating layers of white and dark chocolate mousse, ganache, whipped cream icing, and chocolate drizzles or curls, depending on who we we're selling it to. The drizzle is a ganache/glaze.

all4cake Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 10:14pm
post #205 of 426

There was no whipped cream icing...just a nice, thin layer of chocolate ganache with some white drizzling on it.

It is an incredible dessert!

Okay...who is supplying them with this audacious dessert?

all4cake Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 10:25pm
post #206 of 426

I get it....

I found it...

nevermind to the last question.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 11:07pm
post #207 of 426

I just made the Whimsical Bakehouse's Orange Cake, and it is HEAVENLY! I made a Grand Marnier simple syrup to brush the layers, filled it with orange mousse (also WBH) and covered it with IMBC.

That orange cake is unbelievably wonderful. Of course with the zesting and juicing of oranges, the house smelled wonderful too. icon_smile.gif

Next time, I'm just going to drown the orange cake in a dark chocolate ganache. Yummmmmmm

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 5 Jul 2007 , 6:57am
post #208 of 426

I can't believe I just read through 15 PAGES!!!

Well at least I don't feel as if I missed anything, nor will I be repeating anything and I've already saved and printed a bunch of recipes. icon_lol.gif

My contribution to this thread will be two recipes. The first is a chocolate cake recipe from a cookbook my mother bought my grandmother back in '73 or '74. It's the McCall's New CookBook and I did find the recipe online, so here's the link for Perfect Chocolate Cake: http://www.azcakerecipes.com/perfect_chocolate_cakemccalls_recipe-2411.htm

The second recipe has become my favorite this past year. It's the Lemon Sour Cream Poppyseed recipe from The Cake Book. I've made it twice and have had rave reviews. I think I could have probably eaten a whole cake myself. I do love lemons and this was definitely delicious!

RitzyFritz Posted 5 Jul 2007 , 10:59am
post #209 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieChef

I use the Ultimate Butter Cake found here:
[url]/asksarahbb/index.php?showtopic=930[/url]

I DEFINITELY recommend this one! We love the taste and texture of this cake!

jesaltuve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jesaltuve Posted 5 Jul 2007 , 11:53am
post #210 of 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanydear

This is my all time favorite recipe for White Cake.

Decadently Moist White Cake (from Shubox bakery on epicurious website)

I could not find that recipe on the website, someone on another thread lead me to this one. Do you know what name it's under?

icon_biggrin.gif Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%