Chocolate Transfers??

Decorating By Kahuna Updated 28 Aug 2006 , 2:48pm by springlakecake

Kahuna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahuna Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 10:18pm
post #1 of 14

I saw some really cool Winnie the Pooh chocolate transfers the other day on CC and am wondering about the technique. Does anyone know about a link to the instructions? I tried searching the articles, but my computer is so slow it is really frustrating. Or is it basically tracing an image with the chocolate, putting it in the fridge and then transferring?? Thanks!

Sue

13 replies
dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 11:16pm
post #2 of 14

I don't know about any links, but I think you have the right idea. They are pretty easy to do - just remember they will be reverse (like FBCTs). Outline with chocolate then fill in with the colored chocolate, refrigerate til firm, and then peel off the wax paper.

steph88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph88 Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 11:22pm
post #3 of 14

Hi, this is the link I think you were talking about!

http://www.geocities.com/heathers_cakes2000/chocolatedemo.html?1109787013625

steph

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 11:34pm
post #4 of 14

Hi...I saw the Winnie the Pooh cake...it it beautiful!

Can you use wilton candy melts for transfers...and do you get nice results???

Thanks for any advice! icon_biggrin.gif

I will be doing a mod-mom baby shower cake in a few weeks and was thinking about doing a chocolate transfer for the mom figure.

Kahuna Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 1:09pm
post #5 of 14

Thanks for the help. I can't wait to try this and I'm glad you mentioned they will be in reverse because I would have forgotten that!! I think the Winnie the Pooh person had used candy melts but I'm not 100% on that.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 6:25pm
post #6 of 14

I am not sure if you are talking about my winnie the pooh cake that I just posted, (you can check my photos) but yes, I just used the candy melts. I ended up just buying the different colors and melting different colors together to make most of the colors because it was just easier. I did have to custom color a few and I just used the candy colors.

CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 3:04pm
post #7 of 14

Those pooh cakes are amazing!

I might just try doing a chocolate transfer myself! Wish me luck!

kayscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayscake Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 3:17am
post #8 of 14

Kahuna,
You have the basic for CT's, But I would'nt recommend putting them in frig,they tend to curl up and they become very brittle.

Aztec9206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aztec9206 Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 3:24am
post #9 of 14

ok the transfers are really cool !!! I gotta try it.

Keep on baking!!!

Cindy

Kahuna Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 10:14pm
post #10 of 14

Yes, that Pooh cake is sooo amazing. O.K. no fridge, just let is set up on the counter. I have a lot of extra candy melts, so I think I'm going to start practicing!! Thanks to all for the advice.

Richiescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Richiescakes Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 6:02am
post #11 of 14

I like the chocolate transfer look -- and I love the way Wilton's candy melts taste! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for all the help!

springlakecake Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 1:06pm
post #12 of 14

I did put mine in the fridge, but just for a short time. They do curl up a bit if you leave them for too long..just a minute or two to firm up each color before going on to the next one. I was just too lazy to wait.

Richiescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Richiescakes Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 2:06pm
post #13 of 14

Merissa,
Your cake looks AWESOME!! I love the way your CT look! I've been using color flow --which people don't eat-- I love the chocolate and I'm going to play around with them instead. Again, thanks for the tips!!

springlakecake Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 2:48pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiescakes

Merissa,
Your cake looks AWESOME!! I love the way your CT look! I've been using color flow --which people don't eat-- I love the chocolate and I'm going to play around with them instead. Again, thanks for the tips!!

Thank you..actually I looked at your photos and I have the sesame street one in my favorites. I almost did sesame street instead of pooh. Your color flow is great though! It doesnt really matter if people dont eat them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%