First Wedding Cake

Decorating By craftst3 Updated 24 Jun 2007 , 7:58pm by beccakelly

craftst3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftst3 Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 2

I have my first wedding cake due on July 7th. I am a little nervous but it is a design I have done before. It is just like the tiered cake in my photos just with different colors. She has also added fondant cut outs to go between the pillars. I will post the picture on the 7th when I finish the cake. One question, the wedding and reception are outside, I am to deliver the cake 30 min before, do you think it will be okay or should I again try to convince them to put the cake inside? Any suggestions.

1 reply
beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 2

is it buttcream or fondant? if you're using bc, i would try the "high humidity" recipe off CC. i've never used it, but i know others say they've had success in high heat and humidity. if its fondant i would think it would be okay. just know that warm cakes equals delicate cakes, so it should be very sturdy and they should not bump or move it. i would also have it refrigerated for a while before setting it out to keep it cool as long as possible. (all this advice is from reading threads on CC, i've never actually done an outdoor wedding cake). good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%