Ganache Filling Help...

Decorating By de916 Updated 14 Aug 2006 , 4:52pm by Elfie

de916 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
de916 Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 9:09am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone.......I'm doing a chocolate cake today, and I'm trying to do a ganache filling....my question is do I whip it up when its cool?will it make it sort of fluffy?.....thanx everyone...

5 replies
heavenlys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlys Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 10:41am
post #2 of 6

Yes you can whip the ganache and it will make it fluffier but if I remember right I think the recipe for whipped ganache calls for extra cream. At least the one in the back of the wilton books. The whipped ganache is yummy too I have used it as a candy filly and people freak out!

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 10:44am
post #3 of 6

i made it once & after it was cool (cold), i beat it again--mine bitter so i ended up not using it--so i don't know if that's all you do-just beat (re-whip)

good luck & if nothing else here's a BUMP

de916 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
de916 Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 8:14pm
post #4 of 6

thanx guys... I'm going to try and whip it and hope it turns out ok....thanx again.

empress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
empress Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 3:10pm
post #5 of 6

My ganache recipe calls for cooling in the refrigerator for an hour and then whipping with the mixer for quite a while--like 5-10 minutes. The color will lighten. If it is too bitter from the choc--you can add a bit on powdered sugar. icon_biggrin.gif

Elfie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elfie Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 4:52pm
post #6 of 6

Be careful not to overwhip, it will make the ganache crumbly and difficult to work with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%