Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Baking By hamlove Updated 4 Dec 2013 , 2:17am by Debbie45628

hamlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hamlove Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 15

I have tried many recipes for a good cc cookie. I am looking for one that will come out not to soft and not to crisp. If anybody has a good recipe for a cc cookie that is outstanding I would so love to have it. thumbs_up.gif

14 replies
coffeecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coffeecake Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 10:12pm
post #2 of 15

My current favorite is from the Pastry Queen - a triple chocolate one with two types of toasted nuts (yum).

The book information (from Overstock.com) is:

Pastry Queen: Royally Good Recipes from Texas Hill Country`s
by Rather, Rebecca

List Price: $29.95
Today's Price: $18.78
Format: Hardcover
Publish Date: 10/17/2004

I love the book and HIGHLY recommend it. There is also an amazing carmel brownie recipe

i_love_icing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_love_icing Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 10:13pm
post #3 of 15

This is the one I use. It seems to work for me. I like it because I can use all butter and they don't spread. I always bake cookies on my stone, which cooks them very evenly. I like using white chocolate chips, though.

3/4 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
1 C butter, softened
1 T vanilla
2 eggs, slightly beaten
3 C flour
3/4 t baking soda
3/4 t salt
3 C chocolate chips

Cream sugars and butter. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well. Combine dry ingredients together and gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chips. Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes.

lacie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lacie Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 2:13am
post #4 of 15

i personally hate hard crunchy cookies, but also don't like soft soft. this recipe makes chewy cookies. I get tons of orders for my ch chips cookies

INGREDIENTS:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup salted butter
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (3.5 ounce) package instant french vanilla pudding mix
2 eggs room temp
1 bag of mini ch chips

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Set aside. In another large mixing bowl, combine butter, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and pudding mix. Beat until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop batter by heaping teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, Bake for 15 minutes, they should be a light brown in color on top.(not not all ovens cook the same, i modafide the temp and cook time for my oven) i let mine sit for a few min before moving to a cooling rack

TheKookieWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheKookieWench Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 8:15am
post #5 of 15

OMG Get out!!! That is the same cookie recipe that I use!! I got it off allrecipes.com. I have made them so much for my friends and co-workers that I can make them in my sleep. My mom even prefers them over her beloved Tollhouse. Small world icon_biggrin.gif

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 4:57pm
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacie

i personally hate hard crunchy cookies, but also don't like soft soft. this recipe makes chewy cookies. I get tons of orders for my ch chips cookies

INGREDIENTS:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup salted butter
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (3.5 ounce) package instant french vanilla pudding mix
2 eggs room temp
1 bag of mini ch chips

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Set aside. In another large mixing bowl, combine butter, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and pudding mix. Beat until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop batter by heaping teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, Bake for 15 minutes, they should be a light brown in color on top.(not not all ovens cook the same, i modafide the temp and cook time for my oven) i let mine sit for a few min before moving to a cooling rack

Hi Lacie,

I just made a very similar recipe on Sunday but they turned out cake-like and the chips did not melt. I also like the cookies chewy. The recipe I used did not call for baking soda. The batter was thick because I added nuts and peanut butter chips also. What do you think was the problem? Just your 2 cents, please.

Thanks,
Naty

PS. They are still edible though icon_biggrin.gif .... no sense in wasting them LOL.

lacie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lacie Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 10:02pm
post #7 of 15

wow, i have no clue. It just might be the baking soda. Now i do know mine look kinda puffy when you take them out of the oven but loose that fluffyness as they cool giving you that nice ch chip cookie look.

Euphoriabakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Euphoriabakery Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 10:15pm
post #8 of 15

Here's my recipe. I adapted it from the toll house recipe until I got just the right amount of fluffiness that I wanted. Not too fluffy and soft, but not to thin and crisp. I get lots of orders for these and a variation made with white chocoalte chips and macadamia nuts that are to die for!

Euphoria Bakeries Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/2 C Flour
2 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp. Salt
1 C butter (cold)
3/4 C granulated sugar
3/4 C packed brown sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 C chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 375. Combine flour, baking soda and salt and set aside. In Kitchen Aid mixer cream butter, sugars and vanilla until combined. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Slowly add the dry mixture until incorporated. Add chocoalte chips and nuts and mix until combined. Drop by spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Let set on cookie sheet for an aditional minute after taking them out of oven, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.

A couple of important hints:

1. Always use pure can sugars or you could get a flat cookie as the beet sugar used in some generics has a different melting point.

2. Always refrigerate dough between batches and sometimes before cooking the first batch. the butter needs to be cold or the cookies may spread too much in the oven.

3. Take cookies out sooner than later. Over cooked cookies are no good. Slightly underbaked is the way to go. And when you let them set on the cookie sheet 1-2 minutes after coming out they harden up and cook a little more without getting over browned.

I have people tell me that my cookies are the best they have ever had on a regular basis, if you do this recipe right you can't go wrong!

mittmitt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mittmitt Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 10:24pm
post #9 of 15

the only cc recipe i use is the one on the back of the cc package. what i do different is add an extra 1/4 c sugar and 1/4 c butter, comes out perfect--tastes really good icon_biggrin.gif

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 11:06pm
post #10 of 15

One of my favorite choc. chip cookie recipes comes from "Got Milk? The Cookie Book" by Peggy Cullen. I always make the Classic recipe . . . not crispy or too thick. I think it's the perfect blend and everyone really likes them. HOWEVER, there is a recipe on the next page of the book for Thin and Chewy Choc. Chip Cookies (haven't tried it . . . once I found the recipe I liked, I had no need to turn the page and try another). I'll post both recipes in case you want to try them!

The Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie
YIELDS 2 1/2 dozen

4 oz (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
6 T. granulated sugar
6 T. packed light brown sugar
1/4 t. salt
1 1/2 t. vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup plus 2 T. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1 cup (6 oz) chocolate chunks or chips
1 cup large pecan or walnut pieces (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugars, salt, and vanilla until well combined. Beat in the egg. Scrape down the bowl using a rubber spatula, and beat for a few more seconds.

In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix on low speed just until absorbed. Combine the chocolate chunks and nuts in a small bowl and stir into the dough.

Shape the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and drop them about 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. For perfectly uniform cookies, scoop the dough using a 1 1/2 inch diameter ice cream scoop, leveling the dough off across the top before dropping onto the baking sheets. Bake for 9 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden. Let sit for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

THIN AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
YIELDS 2 1/2 dozen cookies

5 oz. (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened*
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 t. salt
1 1/2 t. vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup plus 2 T. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1 cup (6 oz) chocolate chunks or chips
1 cup nuts (optional)

*in hot, humid weather, reduce the amount of butter to 1 stick (4 oz) to prevent these cookies from spreading too much.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugars, salt, and vanilla until well combined. Beat in the egg. Scrape down the bowl using a rubber spatula and beat for a few more seconds.

In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture on low speed and mix just until absorbed. Combine the chocolate chunks and nuts in a small bowl and stir into the dough.

Shape the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and drop them about 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. For perfectly uniform cookies, scoop the dough using a 1 1/2 inch diameter ice cream scoop, leveling the dough off across the top before dropping onto the baking sheets. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden. Let sit for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.

Ashleyd922 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashleyd922 Posted 13 Nov 2013 , 12:57am
post #11 of 15

gr8 recipe. I didn't have french vanilla pudding mix but i used half a pack of reg. vanilla pudding and a tsp. of coffee french vanilla creamer. The cookies came out light and fluffy with a bit of a chew to them ! Yummy. 

Brooks321 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brooks321 Posted 17 Nov 2013 , 1:20pm
post #12 of 15

Ingredients

: 1 1/2 cup sugar

1cup softened butter

1 egg

2cup flour

1/2teaspoon baking soda

1/2teaspoon salt

1teaspoon vanilla

1cup chopped walnuts

2cups chocolate chips.   

Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg. Then add  flour, baking soda and salt, mix. Then stir in walnuts and chocolate chips. Put the dough with a tablespoon in the form of circles on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake ( 375ºF) about 10 minutes (until light brown).

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 27 Nov 2013 , 9:12am
post #13 of 15

Here's a really interesting blog post about chocolate chip cookies and the effect different ingredients have on the cookie.  There are actually two parts, the link for the second is on the bottom of the first post.  Very informative and great pictures!  ;-D

http://www.handletheheat.com/2013/07/the-ultimate-guide-to-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

Brooks321 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brooks321 Posted 27 Nov 2013 , 9:46pm
post #14 of 15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastrybaglady 

Here's a really interesting blog post about chocolate chip cookies and the effect different ingredients have on the cookie.  There are actually two parts, the link for the second is on the bottom of the first post.  Very informative and great pictures!  ;-D

http://www.handletheheat.com/2013/07/the-ultimate-guide-to-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

Thank you very much! This is very useful for me!

Debbie45628 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbie45628 Posted 4 Dec 2013 , 2:17am
post #15 of 15

According to the test on that link, looks like BREAD FLOUR may be the answer to a chewier cookie..I liked the looks of the cookie using part baking powder and baking soda..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%