Please Help...i Tried Duff's Bc.......

Decorating By reese04 Updated 24 Jun 2007 , 2:54am by reese04

reese04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reese04 Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 2:27am
post #1 of 4

and it didn't turn out the way i think it should. I know in the instructions it says that it could take 5-15min to come together, but mine was still really liquidy. Anyone know what i may have done wrong??? As soon as i added the butter it just went completely liquidy and never came back together. Am i supposed to take off the whip attachment and use the paddle before i add the butter or do i keep using the whip? TIA for any help you can give.!!!

3 replies
Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 2:40am
post #2 of 4

I kept using the whip when I made it and there were no problems. Is it possible you got water or something else that would break down the egg white when you started adding the butter? To be quite honest, I have made it and don't think it tastes good, perhaps it not turning out for you is a sign to try something else! icon_lol.gif Now, I didn't like it because this is not the type of BC I am used to, I am sure a ton of people really like it, but it's not up my alley!

pish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pish Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 2:48am
post #3 of 4

Sometimes when the butter is too soft (and I see you are in Texas, so it may be a tad warm? icon_lol.gif ) , it may not come together. You could try putting in the fridge for a few minutes to help solidify it then whip it again. It does sometimes take awhile to come together-just keep whipping. The first time I made it it took FOREVER! HTH

reese04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reese04 Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 2:54am
post #4 of 4

thanks for your help...(it is like 80 degrees in my house) - time to crank the AC icon_lol.gif Guess i'll give it another try.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%