Consistency For Bct

Decorating By stephanie214 Updated 12 Jun 2005 , 4:57pm by ntertayneme

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 12:44pm
post #1 of 8

I have read calidawn's directions but it doesn't tell which consistency of icing for the filling in, is it medium or thin, also, which tip do I use?

7 replies
Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 12:56pm
post #2 of 8

I'd love to know the answer to that too Stephanie.

I tried my first BCT yesterday and just used med consistancy but found it harder to get it all in the corners with a toothpick.

The next one I try (Yu Gi Oh) I'm going make it thinner so hopefully it will be easier to work with.

My BCT still came out (made one for Father's day cake) but I think it took longer to make than it should have.

stephanie214 Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 1:11pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks for the response. I have only done the gel transfer. I keep hearing so much about the BCT that it makes me want to try it. The pictures are so pretty with it, especially the cupcake ones. I want to try the cupcake cake also. thumbs_up.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 2:44pm
post #4 of 8

You are going to need at least a medium-thick consistency for the outlines, and a thinner icing for the fill in.

stephanie214 Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 3:08pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks mOuse,
Can't wait to try one.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 3:29pm
post #6 of 8

I think I'll be doing my first BCT on a cake for Saturday the 18th... my grandson wants a Dragonball Z (whatever that is) lol .. I haven't a clue what it looks like but I'm sure it's in the line of Yu-GiOh looking stuff... I thought I'd take a pic of of this character and just outline, fill in and put it on his cake.. it's either that or an edible image .. I'm not sure which I'll do yet, but I'd best get to planning it *phew* icon_biggrin.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 3:37pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntertayneme

I think I'll be doing my first BCT on a cake for Saturday the 18th... my grandson wants a Dragonball Z (whatever that is) lol .. I haven't a clue what it looks like but I'm sure it's in the line of Yu-GiOh looking stuff... I thought I'd take a pic of of this character and just outline, fill in and put it on his cake.. it's either that or an edible image .. I'm not sure which I'll do yet, but I'd best get to planning it *phew* icon_biggrin.gif

Dragonball Z has a different story line than Yugioh, but it is a Japaneese animation.

http://images.google.com/images?q=Dragonball%20Z&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wi this is a google image search you should be able to find something in here

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 12 Jun 2005 , 4:57pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks so much m0use .. I emailed that link to my daughter and told her to have my grandson pick out the one he wants on his birthday cake .. thanks again icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%