Do You Believe In Ghosts?

Lounge By twinsline7 Updated 25 Aug 2006 , 12:38pm by mmdd

WendyVA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyVA Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 11:49am
post #31 of 64

I"ve had some kind of weird experience that I call ghosts. It started happening back around 1990 when I was sleeping I would wake up on my stomach and feel like someone was laying on me and I couldn't move. I couldn't yell out either - no voice. I never panicked though and it went away. I moved and it stopped for a long time, but then happened a couple more times around 1995.

I think it's happened 5 times total. Since then I've heard of that happening to other people before. Any of you ever had it happen to you? What does Sylvia say about it?

born2bake4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake4u Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 12:16pm
post #32 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

I believe but I've never seen one.
My parents own a couple hundred acres and there's a woods that has always creeped me out. When I was a kid and my brother's took me over there I never wanted to go inside it. Years later I found out that people had died in a long time ago by a lady who had lived in the area her whole life.
There's an old tuberculosis hospital in the area I live in now, we've driven around it a few times and you can tell that something is watching you. I know people that were in it years ago getting stuff and they saw a young boy in it but no one was there.

that place or a place like that was on this show on cable that checked out haunted places. i wonder if its the same one.

born2bake4u Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 12:16pm
post #33 of 64
Quote:

My parents own a couple hundred acres and there's a woods that has always creeped me out. When I was a kid and my brother's took me over there I never wanted to go inside it. Years later I found out that people had died in a long time ago by a lady who had lived in the area her whole life.
There's an old tuberculosis hospital in the area I live in now, we've driven around it a few times and you can tell that something is watching you. I know people that were in it years ago getting stuff and they saw a young boy in it but no one was there.

that place or a place like that was on this show on cable that checked out haunted places. i wonder if its the same one.

born2bake4u Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 12:17pm
post #34 of 64
Quote:

born2bake4u Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 12:20pm
post #35 of 64
Quote:

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 12:33pm
post #36 of 64

I totally believe!

When my friend was pregnant with her twins, her DH would wake up in the middle of the night, and see a floating head looking over my friend. It really freaked him out, and had problems sleeping after that. Now, her twins are three, and one of them sees people.

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 12:38pm
post #37 of 64

My cousin has "the power" and it really scared her at first, but then she concentrated on it and trained herself. Now, she can see lots of things.

She saw my brother at his own funeral. Said he was playing with the top of my moms hair........guess what.......he'd always do this to her at work (yes they worked together) and she'd get so mad at him thinking he was gonna mess it up!

One day while my cousin was walking through her house, her nephews had just come over from school with some of their friends, and she told this little boy (she didn't know his name...)anyway, she told him that he needed to get out of the kitchen....well.............before her eyes, he vanished!

She goes ghost hunting and everything. She's even got some of her ghost pics up on a ghost site.

Here's one of her pics on a ghost site.

http://www.angelsghosts.com/girl_face_in_window_ghost_picture.html

This ghost stuff is really neat!!!!!

mmdd Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 12:38pm
post #38 of 64

My cousin has "the power" and it really scared her at first, but then she concentrated on it and trained herself. Now, she can see lots of things.

She saw my brother at his own funeral. Said he was playing with the top of my moms hair........guess what.......he'd always do this to her at work (yes they worked together) and she'd get so mad at him thinking he was gonna mess it up!

One day while my cousin was walking through her house, her nephews had just come over from school, and she told this little boy (she didn't know his name...)anyway, she told him that he needed to get out of the kitchen....well.............before her eyes, he vanished!

She goes ghost hunting and everything. She's even got some of her ghost pics up on a ghost site.

Here's one of her pics on a ghost site.

http://www.angelsghosts.com/girl_face_in_window_ghost_picture.html

This ghost stuff is really neat!!!!!

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 12:54pm
post #39 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyVA

I"ve had some kind of weird experience that I call ghosts. It started happening back around 1990 when I was sleeping I would wake up on my stomach and feel like someone was laying on me and I couldn't move. I couldn't yell out either - no voice. I never panicked though and it went away. I moved and it stopped for a long time, but then happened a couple more times around 1995.

I think it's happened 5 times total. Since then I've heard of that happening to other people before. Any of you ever had it happen to you? What does Sylvia say about it?

OMG!! I have had that happen a number of time too--spending the night at my hubby's parents' house. Oh I hated it and it scared the crap out me. I have had it happen a couple of times in my own house, but usually after I have visited his parents' house. Oh it is the weirdest feeling and so freaky! It is nice to know that I'm not as weird as I thought! icon_wink.gif

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 3:27pm
post #40 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickymacd

I do believe in ghosts and angels. I am by no means religious either. I have had several ghost sightings and I just accept them now. Only once have I had an actual 'angel ghost' help me. I went to a psychic once at a party and she freaked out when I sat down. She said I had the 'power' but just have not trained myself to use it. She also said my oldest daughter had it. Well, my daughter does have a bit of it as do I. But training to further it....I don't have time. I could tell stories of my experiences, but those that have heard them said it creeps them out too much, so therefore I will just go on record as having made peace with them.

Oh, MAN! Would I love to hear your stories!! This stuff just facinates me, and to hear you say "have the power" (sorry, laughing to myself cause my boys used to watch HE-Man and that was his phrase!) and don't develop it just floors me! I would give my right arm to be able to talk with or experience something supernatural!! I believe this stuff is real, I'm just to logical and too much of a realist to SEE it....VERY FRUSTRATING.....

texaskitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texaskitty Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 7:43am
post #41 of 64

I have had a paranormal experiance myself. It scared the crap out of me yet I have been very fascinated in the subject ever since. My aunt, my mother, my brother and myself seem to have a connection that no one else in the family does, and we happen to be the only ones in the family that have had experiences.

I believe our old house was haunted (this is where most of our experiences occured) and now my aunt lives there and she confirms that things are still going on in the house (though she believes it is her late husband).

My mother also used to have very detailed dreams about different things happening, sometimes family and sometimes not, only to find out that the things in her dreams usually did happen later on. They weren't very good dreams either I might add.

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 12:16pm
post #42 of 64

I have never saw a ghost...but one time...in Band Camp...

pilesoflaundry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pilesoflaundry Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 5:35pm
post #43 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsline7

I think we have one.....and one of the twins talks to it! icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif

My 4 year old used to talk to the spirits we had in an old house, she was almost 2 at the time.

I don't exactly believe in ghosts in the halloween type sense. I do believe in spirits that are left behind, especially in old homes. I've had too many freaky things happen and seen my own child talk to something there to not believe. Most of the time I think it's visits from passed on family but occassionally it's spirits that are strangers left behind. We move often and usually the housing we live in is older (dh is military) so that is where we had the most stuff happen.

I also believe in psychic abilities of some kinds, I get premonitions (which is sometimes cool and sometimes really not and annoying) it's really random. My mom and grandma have them too (on different sides of the family, gram is dad's mum). It's cool and weird at the same time. I often have stuff happen that dh swears is just coincidence but when it happens that many times I can't really say it is anymore! He thinks I'm a bit nutters icon_confused.gificon_razz.gif I tend to channel people, I will be thinking of them and about 5 seconds later they call me on the phone.

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 6:11pm
post #44 of 64

I try not to think about ghosts, it scares me too much. But my grandfather who is deceased now, once seen something in his house. I can't remember exactly what, I was just a baby, but he told it to get out of his "dam*" house and it did. Once when my Dh and I were first married, I kept hearing something that sounded like something moving in my bathroom. My DH was away at a conference and I don't know if I was just imaging things, because I do have an overactive imagination, or what but I finally yelled out, "STOP AND LEAVE MY HOME NOW". Never heard it again. Guess I have a little of my papaw in me because I get pissed when I think something is trying to invade my space and scare me.

I most definately believe in angels though. I pray every night that the Lord will give my baby an angel to watch over him throughout the night and I firmly believe He does. I do often wonder when I go in to check on him and pull the cover back up over him in the middle of the night, what his angel looks like and where exactly he/she is in the room. Crazy I know but I get curious.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 1:06am
post #45 of 64

You ghost people are going to LOVE this website:
http://theshadowlands.net/places/
You can look up what is haunted in your town!

monstersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monstersmom Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 1:09pm
post #46 of 64

When my mother was 3, her & my grandparents had to move in with my great grandmother for a short time. The only room available for them to sleep in was the one room no one wanted to sleep! My mother's uncles would dare each other to sleep in there after a night of drinking...no one ever lasted very long.

Anyway, my mom can still recall 60 years later as she puts it "her most vivid memory of her childhood". My grandparents put her in her crib and everyone went to sleep. My mother woke up a little while later to find a woman, totally in white, standing in the corner staring at her. Mom started screaming, woke up my grandparents and kept telling them about "the lady". My grandfather looked everywhere,but saw no one.... Mom insists "the lady" never left, but no one else could see her.

Years later the house was being knocked down and my grandfather and mother's uncles went to watch. When the wrecking ball hit that room everyone watching and working heard a blood curdling scream...they even halted demolition to make sure nobody was there...NOBODY was there!!! Now my grandfather was not one to believe in this stuff...but he swore by this story.

My mother has had "things" happen to her ever since, including having a pyschic tell her she was gifted too. But that's a whole other creepy story.

And I firmly believe my father has been here to check on us since his death. I have felt his presence, and smelled his scent too many times to not believe.

WendyVA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyVA Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 1:25pm
post #47 of 64

I also had a psychic tell me I was gifted and that I should develop the gift. I don't know about that but he also said that I would fall in love with a younger man in uniform which I thought was total lunacy because I had a big age hangup and would not date anyone younger than me.

Well guess what - I ended up training a guy on my job and we fell in love and got married and he is 10 years younger than me and we did wear uniforms on our job!

gailsgoodies Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 12:50am
post #48 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyVA

I also had a psychic tell me I was gifted and that I should develop the gift. I don't know about that but he also said that I would fall in love with a younger man in uniform which I thought was total lunacy because I had a big age hangup and would not date anyone younger than me.

Well guess what - I ended up training a guy on my job and we fell in love and got married and he is 10 years younger than me and we did wear uniforms on our job!

See, I think that's part of my "pragmatic" problem....the only way I would believe a "psychic" is if I enexpectedly walked into a room and she said "Hi, Gail...I've been waiting for you!" icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

gailsgoodies Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 12:53am
post #49 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLinda

You ghost people are going to LOVE this website:
http://theshadowlands.net/places/
You can look up what is haunted in your town!

Awesome website! thumbs_up.gif Thanks!!

jennifer293 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer293 Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 1:02am
post #50 of 64

AAACCCKKK!!! This is the same story I had earlier posted about earlier in the thread about the haunted dorm at ETSU in Johnson City, TN...

I found this on the haunted website>>>>CREEPY!!!

This is the same sound I heard!!

Johnson City - East Tennessee State University - Lucille Clement Hall - Women's Residence Hall is said to be haunted by the ghost of a young boy that died in the elevator. He is known as "marble boy" and can be heard dropping his marbles on the ceilings of every room in the hall. Don't yell at him to stop or he will get mad and drop ALL is marbles. he was also known to turn TV sets off and on, or change the channel, and to turn on the water faucet. 2 witnesses reported a bottle of soda went flying through the air for no reason at all.

monstersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monstersmom Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 1:13am
post #51 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailsgoodies

See, I think that's part of my "pragmatic" problem....the only way I would believe a "psychic" is if I enexpectedly walked into a room and she said "Hi, Gail...I've been waiting for you!" icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

The funny thing is...that's pretty much what happened to my mother. She met up with older woman who told her she was "gifted".I remember when Mom met this woman that they both commented on how cold they got suddenly. Of course Mom sorta shrugged it off, but this woman insisted and told her someday you're going to hear this name and you'll believe me, she gave my mother a full name. Well, about a year later Mom was on the phone and she kept hearing the operators cutting into the line(remember the old phone lines?), anyway, Mom hears one of the operators say " Did you hear SO&SO just died?" My mother dropped that phone so fast and turned a lovely shade of bleached white. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

My mother's always been freaky when it comes to things like this. Man, I could right a book about her!!!

gailsgoodies Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 1:41am
post #52 of 64
Quote:
Quote:

My mother's always been freaky when it comes to things like this. Man, I could right a book about her!!!

Man, that's sooooo cooollllll!!!!!!!!!

Hey, write the book! I'd buy it!!!!!

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 2:36am
post #53 of 64

I'm going to read all these posts again on a really hot day ... because they give me the chills!!!

Jessg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jessg Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 5:48am
post #54 of 64

Yes i believe in ghost, i can see ghost talk to them i can read palms i get vision and when i dream it always happen i m very gifted, if any of u seen the charm it a show about 3 sisters who have the same gift as i do well my my has it my grandma has it and i have it the power of 3!

Jessica

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 4:52pm
post #55 of 64

When my uncle was about 2 or 3 yrs. old my grandparents heard him crying in the bedroom that he shared with my mom and aunt. They went in and asked him what was wrong and he said that there was a lady by his bed and he pointed to the foot of his bed. My grandparents told him that he just had a bad dream and to go back to sleep.
The next day my grandfather takes an old photo album down from a shelf in the back of a closet and starts looking through it with my uncle, who had never seen it before. When they get to a picture of my grandfather's mother, who lived in Germany and was never in the States, my uncle shouts, "That's the lady! That's the lady!". My grandfather doesn't know what to make of this, so he just distracts my uncle with something else.
Later that day they get a telegram stating that my grandfather's mother has passed away. When they do the time change, they realize that the time she passed away was the same time that my uncle saw her. They figure that she wanted to see her grandchildren (whom she had never seen before) before she went to the other side.

mmdd Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 4:58pm
post #56 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueco

When my uncle was about 2 or 3 yrs. old my grandparents heard him crying in the bedroom that he shared with my mom and aunt. They went in and asked him what was wrong and he said that there was a lady by his bed and he pointed to the foot of his bed. My grandparents told him that he just had a bad dream and to go back to sleep.
The next day my grandfather takes an old photo album down from a shelf in the back of a closet and starts looking through it with my uncle, who had never seen it before. When they get to a picture of my grandfather's mother, who lived in Germany and was never in the States, my uncle shouts, "That's the lady! That's the lady!". My grandfather doesn't know what to make of this, so he just distracts my uncle with something else.
Later that day they get a telegram stating that my grandfather's mother has passed away. When they do the time change, they realize that the time she passed away was the same time that my uncle saw her. They figure that she wanted to see her grandchildren (whom she had never seen before) before she went to the other side.

Ok, usually I get one, maybe two chills after reading some of these stories. But, this one gave me about 5 or 6!!! Why oh why do we get these chills?

Jessg Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 6:39pm
post #57 of 64

You get chills because they are true stories, thatb what i been told alot of my family ask me why dont i make money out of my gifts and i said i will i know i could but i will feel bad cuz i m not laways 100% right but about 95% right. I just feel if u got the same as i do i think u should share it for free or charge a low price. Anyways if u guys ever have ?s i can answer then if u want.

Jessica

gailsgoodies Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 2:47am
post #58 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessg

You get chills because they are true stories, thatb what i been told alot of my family ask me why dont i make money out of my gifts and i said i will i know i could but i will feel bad cuz i m not laways 100% right but about 95% right. I just feel if u got the same as i do i think u should share it for free or charge a low price. Anyways if u guys ever have ?s i can answer then if u want.

Jessica

COOL!! What kind of questions can we ask?! icon_lol.gificon_confused.gif

Jessg Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 3:51am
post #59 of 64

whatever?'s u have wonder about ghost and stuff, i cant tell u ur future as i cant see ur palm lol.Leyt me share one storie with u i read my friend hand a few yrs ago i told her u r going to get engaged soon and it going be a cheap ring and u r going to get married shorty after that then ur marriage wont last long cuz ur hubby will die and then after that a yr later u will find ur other future hubby. and IT ALL HAPPEN and yrs went by like 2 yrs and she told me her hubby died like i said but i found another guy and i am going get married. I AM NOT MAKING IT UP I PROMISE I AM GIFTED AND I AM SO GLAD I HAVE THE POWER TO HELP PEOPLE!

Jessica

mmdd Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 2:39pm
post #60 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessg

Anyways if u guys ever have ?s i can answer then if u want.

Jessica

Ok, I have a question! How is my son going to do in Kindergarten? (If you've looked in the lounge at a thread I started about him, we're having a bit of a problem at school.) So....what's up? What's going on at school? Will it get better?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%