Do You Believe In Ghosts?

Lounge By twinsline7 Updated 25 Aug 2006 , 12:38pm by mmdd

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 8:44pm
post #1 of 64

I think we have one.....and one of the twins talks to it! icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif

63 replies
dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 8:53pm
post #2 of 64

Only if it looks like Patrick Swayze! (kickin' it old school there)

I do believe in ghosts. dh just had a brush with something while we were staying at my grandparents house. He was still asleep in my grandpa's room (who had died about a month before-not in that room!!) while ds and I were out in the living room with my nanny and he said the mattress was "breathing"(that's how he described the movement) was moving under him and something tickled his feet!

My aunt used to see her grandma(aunt and uncle were living in grandma's house at the time) walk thru the house if she didn't get her Christmas decorations up in a timely manner. As soon as she put them up-no more grandma-for a while!

shannonmp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonmp Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 8:53pm
post #3 of 64

Yes! Since I was four years old.

bakerbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerbean Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 9:29pm
post #4 of 64

I do! When i was still living with my parents, sometimes me and my brother would be sitting watching tv and the door would open and shut like someone had just come inside. we were freaked out the first couple of times it happened but eventually we just go used to it. my brother was convinced it was our great uncle that he was very close to so we would just say, hi uncle! whenever it happened.

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 9:37pm
post #5 of 64

Yes I do!!! and I'm also reading some of Sylvia Browne's books right now, and and no ghosts are harmful!!! but if they bother you too much just tell him/her to go home to the otherside, that they're dead. But otherwise, there's no problem. Maybe it's a spirit guide that's around your child! Now that's even better!!!

twinsline7 Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 10:13pm
post #6 of 64

my husband and I watch her all the time...and he cracks me up one time he he was holding "Jack" and jack started talk and to point up above him to the corner of the ceiling...my husband froze and wouldn't look!!! he called me over and told me tell it tell it what sylvia said...tell it where to go!!! .... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif omg I laughed so hard!!!

i am the biggest sissy in our house...I can NOT watch a scary movie at all....but this ghost thing doesn't really scare me...its freaky....but doesn't scare me. We grew up with them....my grandmother I swear is a magnet for them!!!

this morning jack was talking to it in our bathroom....then he left the room and shut the door...I watched him shut it...and he tured back to me...and the door opened back up! twice..Im NOT kidding I saw it do it! jack turned back to the door opened it looked in the bathroom and said "no no do tat"!! ....my husband who was in bed ....again froze and wouldn't turn around!!! he told me to get myself and my sylvia brown JR out of the room!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

but seriously he talks to it ALL the time.....especially at night, I catch him standing in the middle of his room talking to the ceiling!!! icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 12:02am
post #7 of 64

OMG...LOl I don't mean to laugh. I absolutely believe. My son was doing some pretty strange things himself as a baby.
he would stare out the window and point. I swear I would tell everyne that he sees dead people...thankfully it stopped. It was freaking me out!

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 1:06am
post #8 of 64

I just love Sylvia. Ever since I've been following her work and reading her books (which I bought on Ebay at a steal price) I feel more peaceful and not afraid of death anymore. Even my DH that doesn't really know English that well, watches Montel with me, when he's home from work, and asks me to translate what she says.

In 1996, my little brother died from suicide, and my mom told him in prayers to go to the Other side, to join our big brother. My mom gave him for adoption in 1971 and was told a few years later that he was dead. Well he wasn't and he was looking for my mom, and we got back all together this summer (I wrote about that in another post a few weeks back) but what he told us was so weird and freaky: in 1996, around the same month of my little brother's passing, he dreamt about our mom. He said she was looking so worried that he decided to look for her and try to meet her. Of course she was worried, she thought about her two sons being on the Other side!!! So we all think that when my little brother made it to the Other side, he learned that our big brother wasn't there so he sent him a message to go to mom, to tell her he wasn't dead! it's so weird! but I believe it!

Sherryb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherryb Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 1:19am
post #9 of 64

We believe at our house. When our daughter was about 2 she would be in her rooming playing and talking. I ask her one day who she was talking to(thinking she would say her doll) and she said "that old man over there" and pointed out into the room. She talked and laughed with that old man until she got old enough to be scared. We ask some of the neighbors if there was ever an old man that lived in our house and they told us that an old man had died here and his name is Harry. Our daughter is grown now, but Harry is still here, we know because the dog seems him sometimes.

Sherry

4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4kids Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 2:05am
post #10 of 64

Oh my goodness. Just reading is this making the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Maybe.... just maybe... they are seeing something. Children are very honest about that kind of stuff, and I definitely believe in "Faith like that of a child."

twinsline7 Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 2:17am
post #11 of 64

my Jack will be 2 in Sept.....he has done this since he was a baby baby!!! He used to always stare in the corner of a room! but most of it was when my husband held him...he would look "above" him....and coo and "talk" to it!

I just hope he isnt sad like that little see dead people boy!! icon_cry.gif

its more freaky for me now because he can put words together like "see tat mommie"!!! ......I always tell him no jack...and mommie doesnt want to!!! icon_eek.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 2:37am
post #12 of 64

I believe but I've never seen one.
My parents own a couple hundred acres and there's a woods that has always creeped me out. When I was a kid and my brother's took me over there I never wanted to go inside it. Years later I found out that people had died in a long time ago by a lady who had lived in the area her whole life.
There's an old tuberculosis hospital in the area I live in now, we've driven around it a few times and you can tell that something is watching you. I know people that were in it years ago getting stuff and they saw a young boy in it but no one was there.

mistiek2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mistiek2006 Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 6:40am
post #13 of 64

Children in their innocence are the most pure so they can pick up on things. They are real and they are everywhere. We think that my husband's grandmother is still here. She passed away in her sleep years ago then we bought the house last Oct. My little girls always have teaparties with great grandmama and my oldest, who happens to be named after her, swears that great grandmama helps keep her safe. I get a strange feeling about 30 mins before my girls are going to have an astma attack. We are about to start remodeling the house, I wonder how she'll react to that???

SwampWitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwampWitch Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 6:42am
post #14 of 64

I lived in a haunted house on Princeton St. in Austin, Texas. There was no doubt it was haunted from anyone who stayed there. The neighbors called it "the tragedy house" and it was not a good place.

My daughter and I have both seen ghosts.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 8:30am
post #15 of 64

This is a true story. My husband and I opened a Music Dinner Theater in the Winter of 2000. Our plan was to do Las Vegas style shows with upscale dining. It took my husband 2 years to design . We finished the whole project late December of 99. On that particular evening we turned on all the outside lights and walked across the street to look at our signage. We took the camera so that we would have the pictures for our album. When we got the pictures back we noticed a strange wave of light kindof like a cloud that went from the corner of the picture to the corner of the large window in the front of the building. We thought how strange it was because it was a very definite shape. My husband sent the picture to a friend of ours who is photograper. Our friend sent us back an outline of the shape and asked us what the shape looked like. It was definitely a figure of a body in a stance with an arm up. We were stunned . My husbnd sent the picture to a paranormal site and it made the front page. Now what I didn't tell you is that our first show was featuring an Elvis impersonator. Our friend who did not say what he thought it was, sent us his impression after we sent the photo in. On the back he said I swear it was Elvis. Needless to say we always said that maybe Elvis came to give us his blessings. Everyone that has seen the picture says its eery. But from that time on we always heard strange noices, like doors closing, and rustling around.

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 5:46pm
post #16 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsline7

I just hope he isnt sad like that little see dead people boy!! icon_cry.gif

Nah, that shouldn't be a problem. Remember, that boy was talking to a person who was dead, but didn't know it, and he couldn't tell him. Different story altogether.

Yes, I believe. Yes, I have had experiences with them. We went to buy a house we were renting, and the resident ghost told us we would find something important in one corner of the master bedroom, which was unused until the painting could be finished. We looked, and the floor of the bedroom was starting to fall into the living room! It had been remodeled by the owners not long before, and they had REMOVED THE SUPPORT from one whole side of the room! What he shared with us saved our life.

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 6:00pm
post #17 of 64

They're out there alright and if your children see them, feel blessed.

They will bring you no harm.

I'm a believer, my brother's spirit/ghost touched me.

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 6:09pm
post #18 of 64

I do, but not as much as my hubby. We are actually going on a ghost hunt/sleepover at an old local asylum (Rolling Hills) that is supposed to be haunted. We were supposed to do it last year on Halloween night, but couldn't. So this year we are going on October 13th--yeah, that would be a Friday! Here is a link to their site: http://www.rollinghillscountrymall.com/ghosthunts/index.html

twinsline7 Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 8:05pm
post #19 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyek

I do, but not as much as my hubby. We are actually going on a ghost hunt/sleepover at an old local asylum (Rolling Hills) that is supposed to be haunted. We were supposed to do it last year on Halloween night, but couldn't. So this year we are going on October 13th--yeah, that would be a Friday! Here is a link to their site: http://www.rollinghillscountrymall.com/ghosthunts/index.html

OMG MISSYEK YOU SCARED THE YOU KNOW WHAT OUT OF ME!!!!! I clicked all the way up to testimonials...then I chickened out!!!!

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 8:13pm
post #20 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsline7

OMG MISSYEK YOU SCARED THE YOU KNOW WHAT OUT OF ME!!!!! I clicked all the way up to testimonials...then I chickened out!!!!

Hee hee! Just think--I gotta go there and spend the night! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif I was impressed to see that T.A.P.S had actually payed a visit there and had an "experience." For my husband sake, I hope it turns out to be a good trip, but he can experience all he wants, I'll sit and watch. icon_lol.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 9:45pm
post #21 of 64

Of course I believe in ghosts!! I'm from Louisiana I have to!! LOL!! Had a few incounters but never actually seen anything but wish I would have! That would be soooo awesome!! My Gpa visits us all the time. He doesn't do anything or show himself but we can smell him here. He chewed the yellow pkg wrigles gum all the time. When he got tired of chewing it he wouldn't throw it away.. he'd put it behind his ear for later!! icon_smile.gif I know gross but true. Anyway, we don't chew that gum but sometimes we get a strong wrigles gum smell throughout the whole house. My kids always say that Great Gpa has been here! I do believe it's true~ Glad he comes to check on us! We always feel blessed & loved so much by him.

calla74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calla74 Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 12:08am
post #22 of 64

I definitely believe. Before we bought our house we rented a centennial farm house. Before we had our children the dog would act like there were people in the house and we would hear footsteps walking in the hallway above our living room. When we had our son he would fixate on and follow things with his eyes from very early on and he would "talk" to the air. We also could hear the toys going off on their own downstairs especially in the evening when we were trying to go to sleep. I felt like their was a child presence but also a bad one. I can't explain it but it just felt bad - fortunately I only experienced that a few times. When we moved my son stopped talking to the "people".

jennifer293 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer293 Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 12:44am
post #23 of 64

I have never seen one, and if I did I think I would crap my pants..LOL The house I live in was built about 4 years ago by my father and my parents are still living, but when my parents lived here my little sister who was about 15 at the time SWEARS that she was in her room watching tv once night upstairs and that she closed her eyes and when she opened them back up that there was an old woman standing at the foot of her bed "floating". She said it was my mother's mom, but she never saw or met my mother's mom and she never said the woman said anything to her so I don't know how else she would know it was her. Anyway, today my 2 daughters share that room and I sleep in there with them when they are sick and I haven't seen a thing. She refuses to sleep upstairs when she spends the night...LOL

NOW, last year the same little sister decided at last minute that she was going to attend East Tennessee State University. So I went with her to her orientation and we had to stay on campus for 2 nights. Her assigned dorm was Lucille Clement Hall so that is where we stayed so she could see what her room would look like. Well we had heard that the hall was haunted but I didn' believe. It was about 2 am each morning we would hear what we thought were people running down the hall and something dropping on the floor which sounded like a marble dropping. I just kinda ignored it and went back to sleep. It was very annoying though.

I got to talking to one of the administrators there while she was in a meeting and come to find out years and years ago there was an accident in that hall. A little boy was playing with some marbles and they rolled into an elevator..well when he got in the elevator to get them the doors closed on him and killed him..They call him MARBLE BOY!!!!

CREEPY!!!!!

We went to housing and switched her housing assignment about an hour after that conversation... icon_cry.gif I was so glad to leave that place!!!

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 1:25am
post #24 of 64

I'm curious, twinsy...does your other twin (or any of your other kids) see the ghost, too?

I've never really experienced anything like that (I WISH!) But, we've had all sorts of things happen in the family. When my Grandpa died my Grandma swore he came and sat on the foot of her bed for a few minutes and when she got up the next morning and went to his bedroom, the electric clock on his dresser was running counterclock wise. Also, when my Grandma died, my watch, my Aunt's watch and my cousin's watch all stopped within 10 min. of each other.

Come to think of it, my kids and I live in my Mom and Dad's old house (Dad died it it) and when we got the dog he would occasionally run into the hall with a streak of hair standing up all the way down his back, look up at the ceiling and growl real mean! I mean he would stand there for 10-20 min! The first couple of times it freaked us out cause it was so WEIRD! After a few times, I started saying things like "Hey! If you're coming in to visit FINE, have a seat! Otherwise LEAVE cause you're freaking the dog out!" Then it stopped. I had forgotton all about that til reading this........

jennifer293 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer293 Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 1:35pm
post #25 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailsgoodies

I'm curious, twinsy...does your other twin (or any of your other kids) see the ghost, too?

I've never really experienced anything like that (I WISH!) But, we've had all sorts of things happen in the family. When my Grandpa died my Grandma swore he came and sat on the foot of her bed for a few minutes and when she got up the next morning and went to his bedroom, the electric clock on his dresser was running counterclock wise. Also, when my Grandma died, my watch, my Aunt's watch and my cousin's watch all stopped within 10 min. of each other.

Come to think of it, my kids and I live in my Mom and Dad's old house (Dad died it it) and when we got the dog he would occasionally run into the hall with a streak of hair standing up all the way down his back, look up at the ceiling and growl real mean! I mean he would stand there for 10-20 min! The first couple of times it freaked us out cause it was so WEIRD! After a few times, I started saying things like "Hey! If you're coming in to visit FINE, have a seat! Otherwise LEAVE cause you're freaking the dog out!" Then it stopped. I had forgotton all about that til reading this........

My mom has had the watch thing happen to her twice with two seperate deaths...Once when her mom died and once when her best friend died. She still has both of the watches in her jewelry box as her reminder of them. Isn't that weird???

twinsline7 Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 2:23pm
post #26 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailsgoodies

I'm curious, twinsy...does your other twin (or any of your other kids) see the ghost, too? ........

nope....just Jack Jack....the other ones have to be reminded where there head and butt are...so i doubt they'd be able to tune in enough to see their hand in their face!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

NeeNee30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NeeNee30 Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 2:33am
post #27 of 64

I had to reply when I read this. I haven't had a "ghost" experience myself, but a very good friend of mine has. She has 3 kids. When she was pregnant with their 3rd, she went in for one of her early, early appt. and found out that she was was having twins, but that one of the twins had died. Ever since the one that lived was able to really communicate (she is 5 now), she has been "talking" to her twin. They will be at home or driving down the road, it doesn't matter, this little girl will say something, and the parents will ask her "what?" and she will say something like, I was talking to so-and-so (I can't remember right now what she calls her). This little girl will carry on conversations with her 'twin'. My friend says she knows that that is who she is talking to. It gives her chills sometimes. It does the same to me!!

Cinderella24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cinderella24 Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 2:08pm
post #28 of 64

I totally believe in that. Maybe in the womb she could sense her twin's presence and ever since her birth she has kept this awareness.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 2:52pm
post #29 of 64

I've heard of something like that. A family we know the 3rd pregnancy was twins but one was a tubal and ever since they've had weird things going on in their house. Not anything scary but just something there and this was 25 years ago.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 5:21am
post #30 of 64

I do believe in ghosts and angels. I am by no means religious either. I have had several ghost sightings and I just accept them now. Only once have I had an actual 'angel ghost' help me. I went to a psychic once at a party and she freaked out when I sat down. She said I had the 'power' but just have not trained myself to use it. She also said my oldest daughter had it. Well, my daughter does have a bit of it as do I. But training to further it....I don't have time. I could tell stories of my experiences, but those that have heard them said it creeps them out too much, so therefore I will just go on record as having made peace with them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%