Hyacinth Cookies-Help

Baking By sweetsomethings Updated 23 Aug 2006 , 6:54pm by KHalstead

sweetsomethings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsomethings Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 6:16pm
post #1 of 2

Can they be done? If so HOW? How would I decorate them? Would I use buttercream? I have to mail them and I am not sure how to even decorate them!!!! HELP!

Laura

1 reply
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 2

I would use royal if you're mailing them, once it's dry they can be stacked and won't smudge and it's very resilient in the mail......as for decorations...........yikes judging by the photos I'm seeing of them this ain't gonna be an easy task!!! Are you doing the individual blooms or are you planning on doing a whole plant with the cone shaped group of flowers and the leaves etc. If you're doing the whole plant maybe you could just get an outline of a photo and use it as a stencil for the cookies or make your own cookie cutter with aluminum flashing and cut them out......then I would outline the leaves in a green and flood inside with royal and then maybe do the whole cone shape the color you're after and go back in after they're dry with an edible marker of a slightly darker shade of that color and draw in the individual flowers......or it might be pretty to make some small individual blooms out of fondant and lay them on the royal iced cookie while it's still a little wet and have a cool 3-D effect!!! Good Luck, looks like a difficult one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%